F1 off season, 2019 car launches & pre-season testing | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 off season, 2019 car launches & pre-season testing

Which team will top pre-season testing the most?

• Mercedes

• Ferrari

• Red Bull

• Renault

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
With the season finished and it being the start of December I thought I would create this all in one thread, we now know the full official driver lineup for 2019:

So the top 3 in the F2 championship all got drives in F1, I don't know the last time this has happened or if its ever happened before.:unsure:

Anyway Stroll took the last seat available and inturn the worst secret in F1 history was confirmed by RPFI in the last couple days, the surprise drivers getting a drive for next season have to be Kubica and Albon, going back to RPFI they will be known simply as Racing Point next season:

Lastly off topic from F1 but still notable news, F3 champion Mick Schumacher will race in F2 next season, we might be just one year away from another Schumacher being on the grid.:cool:

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
So the top 3 in the F2 championship all got drives in F1, I don't know the last time this has happened or if its ever happened before.:unsure:
It has, 2009 had 4 graduates from GP2 to F1, but adding 3 new teams definitely helped.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
It has, 2009 had 4 graduates from GP2 to F1, but adding 3 new teams definitely helped.
Wow it was as recent as that, but your right obviously having 3 new extra teams on the grid for that year (2010) helped to make it happen.
I think that's what make this year's F2 top 3's promotion more surprising as theres only 10 teams on the grid.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Wow it was as recent as that, but your right obviously having 3 new extra teams on the grid for that year (2010) helped to make it happen.
I think that's what make this year's F2 top 3's promotion more surprising as theres only 10 teams on the grid.
Maldonado and Perez were top two in 2010 GP2 both went directly to F1 (2011) seats also.

Then it went disastrously wrong for Davide Valsecchi and Fabio Leimer, won GP2 and rewarded with Bo (diddly)(squat). Think Grosjean rebounded the year before those two. Stoffel was put in Super Formula and that lost his momentum.

Dec 9, 2018
It’s true those extra teams help massively and only hulkenberg has managed to stay, always finding another seat quality driver though.