F1 off season, 2019 car launches & pre-season testing | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 off season, 2019 car launches & pre-season testing

Which team will top pre-season testing the most?

• Mercedes

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Ferrari

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Red Bull

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Renault

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
I’ve not read any of the above.

Just want to say F1 reveals are all very boring nowadays. I used to get excited, not anymore.

2021 may be intesting but until then, the very much restrictive regulations have pretty much made them all identikit cars.

They may as well go the full standard car route and just make the excitement about the best paint job. Get Banksy on the job .

You could shred most of the designs for me.

pyrates

AOR PS4 GT3 S10 Tier 3 Champion
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Well the Sauber front wing is quite something different.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Well the Sauber front wing is quite something different.
Fair enough, let’s see if it works and survives until Australia.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
YES! A BLACK AND RED FERRRARRRRRRRRRRRI

ME TO FERRARI FOR F1 2019 CONFIRMED!

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
In a bizarre way, if you squint it looks like a red bull in it’s disruption pattern from the side

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
2021 may be intesting but until then, the very much restrictive regulations have pretty much made them all identikit cars.
It might not be a bad thing as hopefully it might really level the playing field this season, plus wouldn't we all want to see a return to 2012 level of competitiveness between all teams, where almost any team and driver can win legitimately on any given sunday.

pyrates

Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
That Ferrari does look quite agressive. (y)

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Barcelona F1 Testing will be live on Sky Sports F1 from 13:00 GMT on Monday 18th with a recap programme and recap repeat later in the day.

Williams: Formula 1 in the blood will be shown on BBC2 at 21:00 on Saturday 16th (tomorrow). It is the documentary released on DVD in 2017 (I bought myself it for Xmas that year) and it is well worth a watch.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well the wait is over pre-season testing begins today as well as Alfa's unveiling there car.

Interesting spread of votes on the poll, though I'm actually curious about the 2 votes for 'others', but I wonder who they think will top testing.:unsure:

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
Barcelona F1 Testing will be live on Sky Sports F1 from 13:00 GMT on Monday 18th with a recap programme and recap repeat later in the day.

Williams: Formula 1 in the blood will be shown on BBC2 at 21:00 on Saturday 16th (tomorrow). It is the documentary released on DVD in 2017 (I bought myself it for Xmas that year) and it is well worth a watch.
Ha . I had the coverage on while working. Vettel put a lot of laps in. Looks like Merc trying to improve close car following weakness. Following Kyvat closely for a few laps.

Ha, Williams racing in the blood. Need to get a car on the track first. Sad times.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Firstly the C38:

As for day one first blood to Ferrari:

Merc clearly not worried about one lap pace and I imagine for them it'll stay that way until the last couple days of the 2nd week of testing.

As for Williams well its doesn't bode well for them when they can't even get the car out on track, and there definitely not going to be running tomorrow either, in a way it wouldn't surprise me if they don't run at all this week.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Ha . I had the coverage on while working. Vettel put a lot of laps in. Looks like Merc trying to improve close car following weakness. Following Kyvat closely for a few laps.

Ha, Williams racing in the blood. Need to get a car on the track first. Sad times.
It is the cruellest sport. Past performance is no guarantee of future success. Purest of the pure results business.

Times are where I'd expect them to be. On a par with 2018 Grand Prix practice sessions. There will be the best part of 2 seconds to come, possibly the whole and maybe a bit more. The normal two will be dukeing it out, Ferrari looks to have a fast car but the Mercedes will be a better match. The midfield could then be incredibly close, about 1 second behind and like you say, then possibly Williams having a driver battle and nothing else. Already the feeling is that Kubica will not complete the season.

It could be fascinating. And Racing. is how it (Racing Point) will be stylised, according to commentary chatter. Not many laps completed by them today, but the weekly total will be the best indicator.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Some people having a good laugh at Williams expense it seems:

:LOL:

pyrates

Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
So far Williams hasn't confirmed that they will be running tomorrow.

pyrates

Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Ok so looks like they will be running tomorrow afternoon.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Day 2 to goes to Ferrari:

As for Williams, well considering its taken them this long just to send a car I wouldn't expect many laps from them tomorrow (under double figures), but they should be able to rack up a lot of laps on Thursday you would have to think.

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
And day 3 goes to Fe...Toro Rossoo_O:

Well both TR & Alfa used the softest compounds and were the only teams to use them and were unsurprisingly 1st and 2nd so its hard to take to much from those times at this stage.

Merc are still sticking to there plan and there fans shouldn't be worried, as for Williams well at least there up and running now, anyway tomorrow will conclude the 1st week of pre-season testing.

Bankai_Bullett

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Apr 4, 2015
And day 3 goes to Fe...Toro Rossoo_O:
View attachment 71591

Well both TR & Alfa used the softest compounds and were the only teams to use them and were unsurprisingly 1st and 2nd so its hard to take to much from those times at this stage.

Merc are still sticking to there plan and there fans shouldn't be worried, as for Williams well at least there up and running now, anyway tomorrow will conclude the 1st week of pre-season testing.
*their and *they're

C'mon man.