Who will get the 2nd Williams seat?

• Di Resta - He's still got it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2016
It was bbc sports personality of the year (in the uk) last night and I was surprised to see that Hamilton didn't get in the top 3 (he finished 6th) and even more surprised that world superbike champion Jonathan Rea finished 2nd.

For me it speaks volumes that Rea beat Hamilton, I think the tax/jet issues surrounding Hamilton definitely played a part in this but I guess equally his 'personality' does leave a lot to be desired.:p

Here are the full results for those who are interested:

Anyway as for the winner Mo Farah, I was happy for him he deserves it after his incredible career and a genuine nice guy to boot.(y)
Bit disappointed to see such an obvious male/female split.Personally would've gone for 1Froome 2Farah 3Hamilton

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
Can't vote for Froomy. Literally boils my ****.
You know what does with me...every comment section of a developmental driver driving an old car. Just go down there. Please.

Heres what I have to say to them. lauda said "a monkey could drive todays cars"
Irvine must have had the last laugh

Last edited:

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
How on earth do you lead the championship but then bottle it with laps to go? Oh wait. Its was Palmer. But seriously. Watch the whole thing. What was that finale

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Saw this a couple days ago, Hamilton once again sticking his foot in his mouth and Hamilton fans wonder why the uk public in general dislike him:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42486085
He's starting to have a history of making stupid/iffy comments, like back in early 2016 and the 'theres a lot of Chinese people on the plane' and making faces.o_O

Anyway going back to this 'incident' with his nephew, I don't know why you would want to be seen as speaking 'negatively' about your nephew wearing a princess dress, considering how big the subject of gender neutrality & fluidity has been around the world this year.

Hamilton became an instant easy target for the PC brigade once he posted that, I honestly do doubt there was any malicious intent in what he posted but in this day and age you really have to be more careful, though at the end of the day this just reinforces the general public's belief that he's a monumental bellend, and that can only be a good thing.:smuggrin:

Oh and speaking of the PC brigade it was probably stuff like this that started the 'movement' off in the first place:
:hilarious:

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Quite strange that we still don't know the 2nd Williams driver yet and we're now in 2018, of course its expected to be Sirotkin but maybe Williams sponsors Martini are pushing for Kubica because of there sponsorship requirement of one Williams driver being over 25, either way a decision has to be made very soon.

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Quite strange that we still don't know the 2nd Williams driver yet and we're now in 2018, of course its expected to be Sirotkin but maybe Williams sponsors Martini are pushing for Kubica because of there sponsorship requirement of one Williams driver being over 25, either way a decision has to be made very soon.
Not really. Making the seat insert can be done in three days. Car won't roll until 26 February so I expect three days before launch will be the deadline. I think the issue is there's more money with Kubica but I think Sirotkin's representatives would be insisting they get the whole season or nothing. Then if Kubica isn't competitive they're scrabbling for a driver. Maybe they want to get Kyvat on a retainer as plan B but he's looking to find a season of racing. It's all about providing a benchmark for Stroll otherwise they have no idea of the car performance potential.

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Not really. Making the seat insert can be done in three days. Car won't roll until 26 February so I expect three days before launch will be the deadline. I think the issue is there's more money with Kubica but I think Sirotkin's representatives would be insisting they get the whole season or nothing. Then if Kubica isn't competitive they're scrabbling for a driver. Maybe they want to get Kyvat on a retainer as plan B but he's looking to find a season of racing. It's all about providing a benchmark for Stroll otherwise they have no idea of the car performance potential.
I get what your saying but normally everyone knows who'll be driving for who by December, its very rare when this isn't case, obviously Rosbergs shock retirement at the end of 2016 meant that the grid wasn't known until mid-January but its a different scenario this year with Williams.

As for those drivers you mentioned Jay, I'm assuming Williams are weighing up more then just the pros and cons with all of them it might very well be that money outweighs them all or they could take the Sauber 2015 approach and secretly sign all 3 drivers and take all there money. (ala van der Garde)

Just imagine the look on Kubica, Sirotkin & Kyvat faces when they all bump into each other wearing Williams overalls as there about to enter the Williams garage for FP1 in Australia.:hilarious:

Jay

Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I get what your saying but normally everyone knows who'll be driving for who by December, its very rare when this isn't case, obviously Rosbergs shock retirement at the end of 2016 meant that the grid wasn't known until mid-January but its a different scenario this year with Williams.

As for those drivers you mentioned Jay, I'm assuming Williams are weighing up more then just the pros and cons with all of them it might very well be that money outweighs them all or they could take the Sauber 2015 approach and secretly sign all 3 drivers and take all there money. (ala van der Garde)

Just imagine the look on Kubica, Sirotkin & Kyvat faces when they all bump into each other wearing Williams overalls as there about to enter the Williams garage for FP1 in Australia.:hilarious:
Williams have already established themselves as a pay driver team with Stroll.

From what I read, Sirtokin and Kubica were not too far apart on adjusted laptimes, but only Williams will really know.

Pragmatism says Kubica carries more money for those first 7 races. By accepting this then, Sirotkin would be limited to FP1 as a compromise to get track time in the car. But if Kubica is not competitive then 7 races is a long time to sit it out hurting Williams and Sirotkin. I'd be inclined to accept Kubica on a race by race basis with Sirotkin as reserve until they give him the car.

Thing is, there's a lot of attention going to be focused on Kubica because of his situation. It's either PR gold or a disaster given the race results.

If Sirotkin gets the car (either way) and he's middling then they are nowhere. I think that's the dilemma.

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
So just stumbled on this, in a go kart race featuring Massa this happened a few weeks ago:
:wideyed:

Maybe that's whats missing from racing games these days, I can see the reveal for F1 2018 now:

'Fed up of rammers, crashers, wheel bangs and bad overtakes - Well Codemasters this year are now giving players the chance to sort there differences out on the track literally with are brand new UFC mode.
With in-game tutorials from legendary UFC fighter Michael Bisping, online players will now have the option after a crash to get out of there wrecked cars, square up and try to knock seven bells out of each other while the race is ongoing.

As for those who have an incident and only 1 car ends up worse off, well fear not you can wait in the pitlane until the race ends and then ambush the driver that wronged you, a cutscene will play after the race of the waiting driver dragging the driver he's angry at out of his car in parc ferme and a fight will take place.

But wait theres more, as Codemasters believe people want the UFC mode to actually mean something we've also implemented a serious side to it, whenever someone loses in the UFC mode they will receive a massive electric shock from there controller/wheel as we think people actually want to physically hurt each other to sort out there differences.
The electric shock in the UFC mode we feel is not only going to be a revolutionary deterrent against bad driving but also should negate the need for stewards in league racing as drivers will be able to sort out there grievances with each other in this new mode.

We're really looking forward to seeing how people take to the new UFC dynamic in our game, people should expect F1 2018 UFC edition to be released sometime in Q3.'

Lee Mather - F1 Creative Director

Last edited:

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2016
So just stumbled on this, in a go kart race featuring Massa this happened a few weeks ago:
:wideyed:

Maybe that's whats missing from racing games these days, I can see the reveal for F1 2018 now:

'Fed up of rammers, crashers, wheel bangs and bad overtakes - Well Codemasters this year are now giving players the chance to sort there differences out on the track literally with are brand new UFC mode.
With in-game tutorials from legendary UFC fighter Michael Bisping, online players will now have the option after a crash to get out of there wrecked cars, square up and try to knock seven bells out of each other while the race is ongoing.

As for those who have an incident and only 1 car ends up worse off, well fear not you can wait in the pitlane until the race ends and then ambush the driver that wronged you, a cutscene will play after the race of the waiting driver dragging the driver he's angry at out of his car in parc ferme and a fight will take place.

But wait theres more, as Codemasters believe people want the UFC mode to actually mean something we've also implanted a serious side to it, whenever someone loses in the UFC mode they will receive a massive electric shock from there controller/wheel as we think people actually want to physically hurt each other to sort out there differences.
The electric shock in the UFC mode we feel is not only going to be a revolutionary deterrent against bad driving but also should negate the need for stewards in league racing as drivers will be able to sort out there grievances with each other this new mode.

We're really looking forward to seeing how people take to the new UFC dynamic in our game, people should expect F1 2018 UFC edition to be released in Q3.'

Lee Mather - F1 Creative Director
@Wobbuffet nice work!But I think as NASCAR is best known for fights iRacing should add this feature as well.

Wobbuffet

GP2 Reserve Driver
May 20, 2016
Surprising news announced yesterday:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kvyat-joins-ferrari-development-driver-994378/

Probably the best 'drive' available to Kvyat to stay in F1, as for Ferrari well they gain an experienced driver and not a bad reserve driver should Seb or Raikkonen have to miss a race for some reason.

Though it does sound strange that Kvyat is now officially a 'development driver' now.o_O

SmokingPuppy841

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2016