AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 9th November 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Albert Park

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator in advance and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
My aim is to get a top 5. Quite a few are missing this so I think its possible. Need to score points here because the next 4 tracks are hideous on a wheel.

• Optimistic
Reactions: AOR Adrenaline

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
If i could get some points for my first race in F1 that would be a good start.

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Like usual I am fast in sector 1 and 3 and **** in sector 2. Been the same on every F1 game I can remember and I have no idea why. From seeing the pad guys starts in a few practice races its not going to even matter where I qualify because I am a snail off the line. I have tried lean mix, standard mix, rich mix and all kinds of different revs and nothing changes it.

Also will be livestreaming if everything goes well

Reactions: DON SILVA

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Expecting a disaster for me tonight! I've been away all weekend and will only be able to get 1-2 hours of practice in. All I can do is drive and see how it goes.

So far I've unfortunately been informed of 5 no-shows - Karthikeyan, Jason, Minty, Mazey and Livingdead - so it'll be 'silent' season opener in terms of numbers, but that just means more opportunity for the rest of us to score points!

Also, for those of you who are used to racing at 9pm from last season, remember that we're starting 8pm tonight!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Either the car has a lot less grip than in the social races I did at Austria and Spa a few weeks ago, or I've lost all of my driving skill in the last week. Whatever the reason is, I can barely keep the car on the track at the moment when trying to drive fast.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Shocking race for me as I expected. Pace just wasn't there and I'm just happy to take the points. at least Fisi was there to keep me concentrated pretty much all race.

I expect a better result next week in Sepang.

Anyway, that's my worst track on the game done, I should cheer up a bit

Reactions: FisiFan91

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Had a great race tbh after turn 1. Brociek gave me a nudge from the inside and then pushed me into JD causing the sidepod gltich. Going 4 wide into turn 1 is just never going to work but that is a problem with this game. If the starts were equal that would not happen. After that I had to fight through the field to get a podium. It took me a few laps to get a rhythm because I was driving angry but I calmed down a bit and made some decent overtakes. Tyre wear wasn't as bad as expected and I had good pace the whole race.

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Im not very happy with my own preformance even though I got some good points with me. I had the same pace as the guys in front of me for the first and last part of the race. But in the middle part I was really struggling for pace and consistency, and the 5 second lag spike didn't help either. I felt like my tyre wear was much higher than in the social I did earlier in the week and that the options was almost as durable as the primes, so I probably made the wrong decision to go for 2 prime stins.
But good points after all. In Malaysia I expect a bigger field and more close battling than here. Highlights will probably be up tomorrow, See you guys next week! :)

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I don´t know haha, they were so bad after only 12 laps.
It was very weird. I was managing my tyres a little bit but even still I was catching you at the end of the stint which is the 1st time I have had better tyre wear than a pad user on this game.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
A very intense race and thrilled to get the win!!!

Qualifying wasn't amazing as each lap was pretty scruffy and was quite a bit off my PB of a 24.7, but nonetheless it secured me a top 3 spot on the grid.

As for the race things turned ugly pretty quickly... Got a good start and decided to not fight the two merces in T1 as you can only lose the race on the first lap. However got pushed wide as a result of Brociek slightly nudging (seen the footage) Tigger into me, sending us both to the back of the pack due to the sidepod glitch.

From then on pushed like hell and managed to pick off people until I found myself catching the leaders! Went longer to make sure I had fresher tyres and the strategy paid off pretty well. Had a decent battle with Brociek, but once I broke his DRS I just kept it consistent to bring it home for the win around a track I normally hate!

Never lead the championship before and will be doing everything possible to keep it :stig:

For me I can't wait to race from Bahrain onwards, as this is where my stronger tracks will come into play :)

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Quite a annoying race I drove like a Mong

Quali went Ok ish could of got a low 25 just could not get the lap in t do it
The race I seen brociek go diving up the inside of JD then it all kicked off got up,to 4th by turn 3 tried to go around the outside of Leo at T5 and he squeezed me off the track then I made a mistake lost 2 places I just could not get past Jambo,and montoya the lost a n plate on 25 and blew up finishing 7 th is not to bad but could of done a lot better

AOR Adrenaline

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Either the car has a lot less grip than in the social races I did at Austria and Spa a few weeks ago, or I've lost all of my driving skill in the last week. Whatever the reason is, I can barely keep the car on the track at the moment when trying to drive fast.
Same here i was going to message you personally about this. Because atm i cant drive the cars right now. even in lean mix the rear snaps. The tires get hot quick at the start of the race and when they cool down there is still no grip. I was touched by another driver on my inside on turn 1 in the race and lost the rear end. a light tap shouldnt send me off track like that. what is going? ill post a video tomorrow to show what happened during my race.

Former user1

Banned Users
May 4, 2014
A very intense race and thrilled to get the win!!!

Qualifying wasn't amazing as each lap was pretty scruffy and was quite a bit off my PB of a 24.7, but nonetheless it secured me a top 3 spot on the grid.

As for the race things turned ugly pretty quickly... Got a good start and decided to not fight the two merces in T1 as you can only lose the race on the first lap. However got pushed wide as a result of Brociek slightly nudging (seen the footage) Tigger into me, sending us both to the back of the pack due to the sidepod glitch.

From then on pushed like hell and managed to pick off people until I found myself catching the leaders! Went longer to make sure I had fresher tyres and the strategy paid off pretty well. Had a decent battle with Brociek, but once I broke his DRS I just kept it consistent to bring it home for the win around a track I normally hate!

Never lead the championship before and will be doing everything possible to keep it :stig:

For me I can't wait to race from Bahrain onwards, as this is where my stronger tracks will come into play :)

"great job James managing to take the first win on the xbox league!