F1: Round 10 - German Grand Prix [25/01/15 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1: Round 10 - German Grand Prix [25/01/15 - 8:00pm]

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 10 - German Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 25th January 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Hockenheimring

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

Reactions: mat231985

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Alright guys, not much pre-race chatter in here lol, but good luck to you all tonight. Remember to be nice to turn 1 - it doesn't like to be cut :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Heard some bad things about the race tonight from watchers of the live stream. Will wait until I see what happened, but I'll be expecting some stewards enquiries by the sounds of it. I hope it's just an exaggeration of a few isolated moments and that it was an otherwise good race.

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Just watched back the livestream and firstly, that lap 1 incident at the hairpin definitely needs to be looked into, and secondly there was a bit too much track extending for my liking. But other than that, it looked like a mostly great race. Especially the @JACK 575 & @TRL Limitless battle for the win which was obviously given the most focus, but there seemed to be some really close battles in the midfield as well. Just makes me miss F1 2013 even more when I could actually battle with you guys :cry:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I'm feeling a bit lonely in here - nobody who had an interesting enough race to make a comment? :sorry:

TRL Mazey

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
i enjoyed that race didnt have the pace in quaily was losing around 3 tenths to a couple of people in the 1st sector which is only 2 corners but oh well the race was fun was 12th going into the harpin on lap 1 and come out of it 6th cause the incident which happened then leebot had another massive lag spike got to 5th then overtook brociek to get 4th was getting head rush being that high lol had to pit on lap 8 cause my tires were destroyed and had to commit to a 3 stop which was the wrong strategy anyway ended up 6th with everyone's penalty congrts to jd for the win and great work by matty g aswell

Reactions: FisiFan91

Martin Štefanko

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 17, 2015
Aww, poor Fisi.

I'm a bit disappointed with my result. I qualified 5th and after that big incident in the hairpin on lap 1, I managed to get up to 2nd place and suprisingly, I was the fastest with Jack. But when the first pit stops have started and we switched to prime tires, I wasn't so confident anymore and I started losing time to the top 2. My tire wear was horrible in every stint, 2 laps before my pit stop, I started to have problems with traction, especially in the last stint, which is the reason why I fell from 3rd to 8th. But some guys have got a penalty, so hopefully it will put me into 5th. As I said, I was disappointed, because I at least hoped that I could get a podium. Hungary, meeh.. I never really liked that track, but we'll see what my pace will be and hopefully it will be similar to my pace in Hockenheim. See you there!

Also.. MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ!

• Funny
Reactions: AOR Reversal

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Haven't written a race report since Monaco so maybe it's time now :p

Enjoyed that race for the most part. Obviously bottled qualy a bit. Which put me down in 9th but that didn't really matter because of the big carnage at the harpin which got me all the way up to 4th.

On lap 4 I was just about to pass Brociek but instead got a huge lag spike which put me all the way down in 8th. Fortunately I managed to catch up quite quickly and before the first round of stops I was just behind Brociek again.
Pitted on lap 9 and during the second stint not too much happened. I passed Mazey for 4th while maintaining the gap to him and Jason behind and at the same time pulling in time to Martin ahead.
Pitted for my last and second stop on lap 22.

Jason who was behind me before the pit stops pitted a lap earlier so he overtook me by the undercut. Me and him then caught Martin in 3rd and I managed to overtake them both and pull away. Held the 3rd place until Brociek overtook me on the last lap, pretty okay with 4th though.

My penalty is getting removed aswell when I upload my highlights later today. Basically in turn 2 on lap 1 when Cryo got side prodded he touched me ever so slightly and I got a penalty for it #codemasterslogic

Great to see Matty live steaming aswell, see ya all next week in Hungary :)

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well last nights race was a shambles hahah done one quali lap that put me in 12th YOLO the second coener was a joke going down the inside of crayo and then crayo touched the side of my car and exploded and dropped to the back then codemasters give me a nice juicy penitaly :banghead: then at the hairpin all hell broke lose causing a car park in the middle of the track :banghead::wtf: got about 4 positions of that and was up to 8th :) then got up to 6th at one point then bottled the next corner and lost them 2 places again so I was back down to 8th had to pit on lap 8 as the tires where cooked and I was on my in 9th or something then on lap 13 BROCIEK DICIDED TO GO FOR A YOLO MOVE SQUEEZING CRAYO OFF THE TRACK #BRAINLESS(y)(y)(y):wacky::banghead::banghead: then codemasters decides to give me a penalty for it HAHHAAHAHAH :finger::finger: what a joke had to pit again is my tires would not go to the end overall I don't even want to think about this race again or It will make me vomit I am actually going to practice for Hungary and not sit my arse on the xbox one all week see you next time guys

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well last nights race was a shambles hahah done one quali lap that put me in 12th YOLO the second coener was a joke going down the inside of crayo and then crayo touched the side of my car and exploded and dropped to the back then codemasters give me a nice juicy penitaly :banghead: then at the hairpin all hell broke lose causing a car park in the middle of the track :banghead::wtf:
No offense, but the impression I got when watching Cryo's video from turn 2 was that you divebombed him from far back and sent him into a sidepod spin without waiting. Way too aggressive move IMO at that stage of the race.

The hairpin incident will be brought up for the stewards later as that's obviously the kind of thing that looks bad for the league.

on lap 13 BROCIEK DICIDED TO GO FOR A YOLO MOVE SQUEEZING CRAYO OFF THE TRACK #BRAINLESS(y)(y)(y):wacky::banghead::banghead:
Also, let's stop with the childish insults shall we...

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty happy with 5th after such a crazy race, way too many accidents and 'Off track excursions' for my liking.
Anyway, quali was a joke, I see people doing 15.7 first sectors, felt like putting my controller down and retiring it's so obviously a dirty turn 1 but no just carry on it's fine :facepalm: I extended turn 1 a bit on my fastest lap but made sure I gained no time and 1st sector was a 16.1 which meant all the time I lost to pole was at one corner....

Race start was also a joke, massive pile up at the hairpin and I lost a couple of spots, could have been 3rd if I stayed to the inside. Highlight of my race was overtaking Franglish around the outside of the hairpin twice but I had a lag spike again and was squeezed off a couple of times. I thought I was in for a 7th place finish but 3 people came in near the end and I lost a place to Leo after that meaning I finished 5th. It was quite an enjoyable race with lots of cars close in the midfield throughout the race. Looking forward to Hungary as I've always been quick there, see you then.

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Pretty happy with 5th after such a crazy race, way too many accidents and 'Off track excursions' for my liking.
Anyway, quali was a joke, I see people doing 15.7 first sectors, felt like putting my controller down and retiring it's so obviously a dirty turn 1 but no just carry on it's fine :facepalm: I extended turn 1 a bit on my fastest lap but made sure I gained no time and 1st sector was a 16.1 which meant all the time I lost to pole was at one corner....

Race start was also a joke, massive pile up at the hairpin and I lost a couple of spots, could have been 3rd if I stayed to the inside. Highlight of my race was overtaking Franglish around the outside of the hairpin twice but I had a lag spike again and was squeezed off a couple of times. I thought I was in for a 7th place finish but 3 people came in near the end and I lost a place to Leo after that meaning I finished 5th. It was quite an enjoyable race with lots of cars close in the midfield throughout the race. Looking forward to Hungary as I've always been quick there, see you then.
15.7 clean is possible :unsure:

Reactions: kieron