F1: Round 16 - United States Grand Prix [29/03/15 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1: Round 16 - United States Grand Prix [29/03/15 - 8:00pm]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 16 - United States Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 29th March 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Circuit of the Americas

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
I'm going to the north of Sweden with some friends for some skiing so I wont be able to race tomorrow. Good luck to all anyway! :)

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
I'm having real connection issues with my 360 this evening, if I disconnect or cannot get online in time for the race then don't wait for me.

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
I'm having real connection issues with my 360 this evening, if I disconnect or cannot get online in time for the race then don't wait for me.
That's confirmed it, won't be racing tonight, and likely not to be for the rest of the season. The Internet plugs for my 360 are broken, so I cannot connect to the internet when I'm at my Mums. At my Dads his work fine, so I'm happy to race on open lobbies and in BPRL in Saturday, but I think this is it for old gem AOR. I would love to continue racing in F1, but I physically can't unless I buy new internet cables, and for just two races left, it doesn't seem worth it. I will definitely be back for next gen, hopefully better and I can get some wins! It has been a pleasure racing with you guys, and I look forward to F1 2015!

• Useful
Reactions: ReconEagle

ReconEagle

AOR XB1 GT3 S11 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 16, 2014
That's confirmed it, won't be racing tonight, and likely not to be for the rest of the season. The Internet plugs for my 360 are broken, so I cannot connect to the internet when I'm at my Mums. At my Dads his work fine, so I'm happy to race on open lobbies and in BPRL in Saturday, but I think this is it for old gem AOR. I would love to continue racing in F1, but I physically can't unless I buy new internet cables, and for just two races left, it doesn't seem worth it. I will definitely be back for next gen, hopefully better and I can get some wins! It has been a pleasure racing with you guys, and I look forward to F1 2015!
What about buying just the plugs mate? I had the same issue here and instead of buying new cables i just replaced the plug. On the internet there are some useful sites on how to fix that quite easy :). It would be a shame to see you missing out on the last two races, just because of this, knowing your pace around Abu Dhabi and Brazil last season ;)

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
What about buying just the plugs mate? I had the same issue here and instead of buying new cables i just replaced the plug. On the internet there are some useful sites on how to fix that quite easy :). It would be a shame to see you missing out on the last two races, just because of this, knowing your pace around Abu Dhabi and Brazil last season ;)
I know what you're saying, but I think it's time to sell the 360 and wait for the next game. I hope that I'm not making any infringements doing this, and if this scenario resulted in me being blacklisted then I'll work on fixing the internet, but it is an issue that is restricting me from playing when I would play if there was no issue, if that makes sense. If pulling out now because of my internet causes a blacklist, then I'll keep playing.

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty dire race for me but I was expecting it as this is my worst track.
Qualified better than expected in 4th with a 38.5 which beat my previous best time in the session by .9 with my last lap.
Start was amazing.... NOT thanks to exta divebombing from 3 places back and leaving me with no choice but to not turn in, losing me 3 places. A massive queue then formed in the 1st stint with me at the back of it, I stayed out until lap 10 which was a good choice as I jumped someone with the overcut then had 1-2 lap fresher tyres than everyone else around me, allowing me to close up to the guys in front and the leader was in sight even though I was about 5th. The battling continued with Ellis and Jack, who I ended up racing with for the rest of the race. Livingdead joined in at the end as he was on options but I managed to hold them off to take a solid 5th with Ellis' penalty.
My slim championship hopes are still alive after JD's dsc again, hope it gets sorted for the last 2 races mate as it's really bad to see someone not being able to finish races through absolutely no fault of their own. I will be much more competitive in Brazil though so I hope to challenge right at the front again, see you there.

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
What an surprise this was! After doing a shitload of practice I felt that I could have a shot at at least top 5, top 4 when I heard Leoobot wasn't racing. Turned out that everyone else didn't practice enough (anticipated this with USA) and I managed to stay ahead for most of the race (albeit barely, I think the gap was never more than 2 seconds)
The first three laps were decent, and I managed to give myself some breathing space, but then Ellis started to turn up the pressure and I started to make mistakes, I got mixed in the battle for the lead with Ellis and Jack and I struggled badly for a lap or two where I made a few mistakes before I dove into the pits. The undercut helped out greatly because I managed to emerge JUST in front of Ellis who pitted one lap later, he then started battling with Jack which gave me the opportunity to pull out a small gap again. From there on I got my **** back together again and kept my head low. Did consistent fast laps without making any mistakes, and then when the last pitstops where there I was 2 seconds clear of Brociek

After that the 9 most pressurizing and sweaty laps I've ever driven commenced. Somehow I managed to keep my **** together (again, I tend to be very inconsistent) and kept the gap at around 2 seconds. I nearly threw everything away on the penultimate corner by locking up and running deep, but even a seconds loss was enough to maintain a 0.7 second lead over the finish!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Results updated.

Just thought I'd point out a couple of close constructor battles:

&