AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 18 - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 12th April 2015
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Yas Marina Circuit

NOTE: We do not award double points for this race.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Here we go - it's the final race of the season!

Quite a few championship battles still going on, most notably at the top of course with @TRL Limitless sitting 8 points ahead of @brociek96. Fingers crossed both drivers stay connected on Sunday so we get a proper fight. Behind them, @I Jason97F1 I has already secured 3rd in the championship, which is extremely impressive, especially considering he got relegated from F1 the last season he was here (S7)! @Leoobot has also secured his personal best F1 finish with 4th, and @JACK 575 will get 5th in his debut season after joining in Monaco.

The battle for 6th is still very much on with @TRL Ellis only 3 points ahead of @George. @TRL Mazey's 8th place is also not secured, with @Cryo Lockdown's USA win putting him only 8 points behind, and behind them we have @Martin Štefanko, @iR3versal and @TRL Martin separated by only 8 points! Towards the bottom @TRL Karthikeyan seems set to finish 13th, while @ExTa and @thelivingdead69 will have to battle it out to avoid bottom spot.

Standings going into the last race:

In the constructors' there are also a couple of really close battles. McLaren has already secured the title, but Caterham and Red Bull are separated by only ONE point in the battle for 2nd! Marussia seem to have secured 4th, while there's a 3-way going on for 5th between Mercedes, Williams and Ferrari, the trio separated by just 7 points. And then there's Lotus chilling out at the bottom!

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Last race of the season, and I've got mixed feelings about that! F1 2014 was a bad game to drive on in my opinion, but I did really enjoy both the GP2 races and the F1 races here in AOR. The goal is to try and get 8 more points than Mazey which is going to be insanely difficult haha

Just as a reference point, what kind of times are people doing in quali?

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
As I've said on the main thread I wont be racing on Sunday for the same reasons as I wasn't racing after the christmas break

• Informative
Reactions: FisiFan91

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Past few races have been absolutely appalling for me performance wise, almost near embarrassing. Pretty sure no one takes me seriously anymore and I wont blame you after I finished 1 min behind at Brazil :lol:. But recently bought some Kontrol Freeks for my right thumb stick and I've found an enourmous amount of confidence under braking and traction, been setting PBs on F1 2013. I tried a few laps at abu dhabi and managed to break into the 40s after 4 laps. I just maybe actually be with a chance of keeping the top guys honest this sunday but its a big ask :lol: I'll be practicing a hell of a lot more than the past 4 races and hope to end the season in a respectable and competitive manner (y) Good luck to JD and Brociek, may the best man win....:rolleyes:

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Last season here I started 6th, was overtaken about 10 times, made 0 overtakes and still finished 4th, I hope for the same luck this time around because I've lost almost all motivation to play this game and to add to that this is my worst track aswell. Nevertheless I will try to do best to end this season on a high :)

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Last season here I started 6th, was overtaken about 10 times, made 0 overtakes and still finished 4th, I hope for the same luck this time around because I've lost almost all motivation to play this game and to add to that this is my worst track aswell. Nevertheless I will try to do best to end this season on a high :)
Sweet :eek:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Best of luck for the race tonight guys. Hope you all have a good one, and that connections stay intact for everyone!

Reactions: brociek96

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Looking to end on a high note after a great season for me, and hopefully grab 2nd in the constructors with Ellis. I wish @TRL Limitless and @brociek96 the best of luck and like Fisi says hopefully no connection issues or anything like that happen so it's a clean, fair fight to the end (y)
And of course it's the last ever AOR race on the xbox 360, I have some great memories of the past 2 and a bit years on here :cry:

Reactions: brociek96

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
lets say this race didn't go to plan for me and quite a few other people had a good quali in 5th and could not improve on that lap then going into the race jd lags out on the in the loading screens so we all decided it would be fair to restart the race and do a rolling start and then in a new lobby then jd disconnected again we set another lobby up a last chance sort of thing to see if his connection would hold up but it didn't so we started the race in a rolling start situation.it was actually decent every one started in the places that they qualifiedly in and it worked. The first 5 laps i was keeping up with Jason,brociek and reversal and then it all went to **** leo squeezed me out coming out of the first DRS straight and i lost 2 places because of that and i was down to 7th and i had to pit on lap 7 because Jason was pitting on 8 and there wasn't a big enough gap to double stop my tyres went by lap 15 id have to stay out till17 otherwise i wouldn't of got to the end had a good fight with mazey and leo in the final stint the cryo decided to try and take my around the outside going into the support pit lane to complete the move :meh: the tyres were gone on lap 23 and coming round the second corner i forgot i had it in rich mix and blew up and went into the wall :banghead: so i just decided to retire :stop: . i know everyone is having different thoughts on the championship but in all of my respect goes to @brociek96 for trying to do the right thing and it didn't kind of work :rage: so i think people should lay off him also well done to @TRL Limitless for sticking with the game and still practising and racing despite having 6 DSC anyway thanks to everyone for having a good season and even though people said that AOR S9 F1 wasn't competitive it certainly is and they are all wrong :) see you all on next gen :smuggrin::cry::cry::cry:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well done on completing the season guys, and cheers to everyone who stayed till the end! Shame the game didn't allow me to be a part of F1 beyond the first 3 races. Hopefully F1 2015 will provide an equal playing ground for us all again so that we can go back to having the league fully based on pace rather than controller inputs! (No offence to you pad beasts by the way, most of you would have probably beaten me anyway :p)

With regards to what just happened with the championship, I put my thoughts on Twitter earlier:

• Friendly
Reactions: TRL Ellis

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
What a race! Not going to say too much here about the season, will do that in the main thread later on :) Without further ado two videos :D the first one is a full highlights video with plenty of wild moments and stupid mistakes (aka me driving) but with a lot of good moments as well!

The second one is one lap of the race where I sort of throw a big shot at P8 in the championship away :(