AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 2 - Malaysia Grand Prix
Season 9

Race Information:

Date: Sun 16th November 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Sepang International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

Important Links:

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

Race Graphic:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
My pace should be much better here than in Australia. I'll be hoping to get some good points

TyranoTigger

S12 AOR PC F1 Split 1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Dont think its possible to do much here on the wheel. I dont even think we will even have a quali advantage looking at the time trial leaderboards. Hopefully we get a bigger grid this weekend though

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Looking forward to this track! Start of my stronger tracks, so will aim to try and keep it consistent to see what happens :)

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
This is going to be the start of 4 race weekends where I'm going to have to accept fighting for minor points placings. From Monaco onwards it should get a lot better but its going to be impossible to compete for victories in the coming races on a wheel

WRL Montoya

Pro Karter
Jul 4, 2014
i just wanna say anyone who uses a wheel and whinges that they cant win coz of pad users having traction is bull***t. wheel users are at more of an advantage compared to pad users coz there turn in and speed of direction change is phenomenal. i admit pad users have traction off the start line and out of traction zones from haipins but every other corner is a different story. wheel users can gain 1-2 in just 1 sector. stop whinging about pads because your better off than all pads with a wheel

Reactions: kieron

TyranoTigger

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
i just wanna say anyone who uses a wheel and whinges that they cant win coz of pad users having traction is bull***t. wheel users are at more of an advantage compared to pad users coz there turn in and speed of direction change is phenomenal. i admit pad users have traction off the start line and out of traction zones from haipins but every other corner is a different story. wheel users can gain 1-2 in just 1 sector. stop whinging about pads because your better off than all pads with a wheel
Your an absolute retard. What game are you playing? There are about 5 corners on the entire calendar where the wheel has an advantage. The pad has an advantage in every single hairpin. It says it all when there are only 4 wheel drivers left in f1.

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Your an absolute retard. What game are you playing? There are about 5 corners on the entire calendar where the wheel has an advantage. The pad has an advantage in every single hairpin. It says it all when there are only 4 wheel drivers left in f1.
#ShotsFired

• Funny
Reactions: iJokeri22

WRL Montoya

Pro Karter
Jul 4, 2014
Your an absolute retard. What game are you playing? There are about 5 corners on the entire calendar where the wheel has an advantage. The pad has an advantage in every single hairpin. It says it all when there are only 4 wheel drivers left in f1.[you may say there are only 5 corners, but wheels gain so much time on those 5 corners.

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Just watch this race

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Looking forward to racing again. This is one of my best tracks and the car feels really good in quali and the race so hopefully I can get a decent finish.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
I have to admit I'm lacking motivation to put in a great deal of practice for this race, as I know it'll most likely be a serious struggle for me anyway. Will get a few hours in later today though to hopefully limit the embarrassment to an extent. And hopefully we'll have a bigger grid tonight so that the rest of you can at least have fun races :p

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
i watched first lap. he got a bad start coz he had maximum rpm. do that and your obviously gonna get a bad start, same with the hairpin. im on pad and i dont use max rpm's
I think the point is that I finished 45 seconds behind Kerry (who uses a pad) - Kerry being a driver I've always been close with on pace on the F1 games. On F1 2013 - which was a much better balanced game in this respect - I was only 6 seconds behind him in Malaysia in our co-op race, and I even beat him around there in last season's league race. I can also add that we've recently restarted our co-op season with us both using a wheel, and in Malaysia on that occasion we were equal on pace again.

As a wheel driver, this is what I've signed up to so I just have to accept it and drive, but if you somehow can't see the traction difference between the inputs and that it gives pads an advantage that gives pads in race conditions (and especially in the wet) on the majority of tracks, you need to start listening to what people are saying. It's fair enough if you don't care about it as it doesn't negatively affect you, but don't come here saying we have an overall advantage, as - with all due respect - that's a delusional statement. Even the other pad drivers in the league can see that it's the other way around.

I also understand that it can be annoying to see wheel drivers moan about this, however that comes purely from frustration. I've personally always been a midfield to top half driver in AOR F1 (even when the field was stronger than it is currently) and now I can barely hang onto the back of the field. And I know myself well enough to know that I've not suddenly turned crap overnight...