F1: Round 4 - Chinese Grand Prix [30/11/14 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1: Round 4 - Chinese Grand Prix [30/11/14 - 8:00pm]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Feels weird not coming into this thread to write my race report. Hope you had a good one guys. Looking forward to see the videos :)

Reactions: TRL Ellis

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Worst race of the season by far, massive bottle job in qualy, race also horseshit because of traffic and twice broken DRS and holding up in the pits and bla bla bla[DOUBLEPOST=1417384516][/DOUBLEPOST]
Feels weird not coming into this thread to write my race report. Hope you had a good one guys. Looking forward to see the videos :)
You know I´m fast ;) lol

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
First stint on primes: Mazey was an amazing safe-barrier between me and all the attacking option runners, gave me a clear space without pressure from behind, race was looking promising...
Well you helped him out by giving him DRS so I was completely blocket by him for the whole of my first stint[DOUBLEPOST=1417385484][/DOUBLEPOST]
Worst race of the season by far, massive bottle job in qualy, race also horseshit because of traffic and twice broken DRS and holding up in the pits and bla bla bla[DOUBLEPOST=1417384516][/DOUBLEPOST]

You know I´m fast ;) lol
Talk about a shitty race. DRS Broke IN FUCKING QUALIFYING. And had to wait 19 laps to have clean air and by that time my tires were past their best and was a sitting duck to Leo

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
I have no words. Shame about the s-pod glitch @TRL Karthikeyan , but I was bound to be last anyways. Pace wasn't too bad considering I had 45 minutes to learn braking points, and I was usually quicker than the guys ahead. Next 4 or so races are pretty bad for me, next race to look forward to is Hockenheim, hope for points in Spain and Britain.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Vengeance NOR

Leoobot

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Can't say im dissapointed with that when as i've practiced about 30mins this week.
Qualy was of course a big bottle so had to start from 12th.
Stated on primes and suprisingly I got a very good start and gained 4 places which was the key of my race I think. Then I had some good battles with Cryo, Mazey and Franglish in the first stint. In the middle of the second stint I managed to pull off quite a nice move, passing both Cryo and Mazey on the exit of turn 6. Then I just pulled away for the rest of the stint. The 3rd stint was just all about catching Franglish which I managed to do and passed him pretty quickly on my option while he was on primes. So ended 6th which isn't bad considering the circumstances. My computer froze during the race so I still hope my video will be ok as the race was fun and exciting. See ya next week! :)

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
My highlights! I compared my quali lap with brocieks and I was actually up a couple of tenths coming into the last sector, but then I bottled it bigtime >.<

Reactions: TRL Ellis

Jason97F1

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Yes, another great result, that race couldn't have gone any better!

On my 1st lap in quali I was actually up on JD's pole time in the middle sector but absolutely bottled the last sector and lost half a second, fortunately I managed a 1.36.000 with my last lap which surprisingly put me 3rd, another great qualifying this season!

Didn't expect to stay 3rd in the race but I was actually challenging Minty for 2nd in the opening couple of laps before dropping back a couple of seconds which allowed Ellis to pass me on lap 4 I think it was. I stayed in 4th until the opening stop which I made on lap 9 fitting more options, staying out longer than Ellis who got a massive undercut and jumped Minty. Brociek was around 5 seconds behind me after starting on primes and caught me on lap 16 but I managed to stay in his DRS until the next stop. Because I was in his DRS I decided to pit on lap 19 instead of 17 which worked as I was gaining time on Ellis who pitted on 18. Brociek got held in the pits but got back passed me easily coming onto the back straight later in the lap.
As he was on options he caught Ellis who was struggling on lap 23 and they battled, losing 3 seconds to me in 2 laps. I was right on the back of Ellis on lap 26 and we went side-by-side through turn 1 and 2, with me eventually taking the place and pulling away at the end to finish a very strong 4th, beating my best result again!

Like I said, great result and it was nice to beat Ellis after he beat me in Bahrain in similar circumstances (y) I was only a second off a podium as well so I can hopefully get one some time this season with Monaco probably being the best chance ;) Not expecting to be as competitive in Spain but after the last 2 races I may well be, see ya next week.

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Yes, another great result, that race couldn't have gone any better!

On my 1st lap in quali I was actually up on JD's pole time in the middle sector but absolutely bottled the last sector and lost half a second, fortunately I managed a 1.36.000 with my last lap which surprisingly put me 3rd, another great qualifying this season!

Didn't expect to stay 3rd in the race but I was actually challenging Minty for 2nd in the opening couple of laps before dropping back a couple of seconds which allowed Ellis to pass me on lap 4 I think it was. I stayed in 4th until the opening stop which I made on lap 9 fitting more options, staying out longer than Ellis who got a massive undercut and jumped Minty. Brociek was around 5 seconds behind me after starting on primes and caught me on lap 16 but I managed to stay in his DRS until the next stop. Because I was in his DRS I decided to pit on lap 19 instead of 17 which worked as I was gaining time on Ellis who pitted on 18. Brociek got held in the pits but got back passed me easily coming onto the back straight later in the lap.
As he was on options he caught Ellis who was struggling on lap 23 and they battled, losing 3 seconds to me in 2 laps. I was right on the back of Ellis on lap 26 and we went side-by-side through turn 1 and 2, with me eventually taking the place and pulling away at the end to finish a very strong 4th, beating my best result again!

Like I said, great result and it was nice to beat Ellis after he beat me in Bahrain in similar circumstances (y) I was only a second off a podium as well so I can hopefully get one some time this season with Monaco probably being the best chance ;) Not expecting to be as competitive in Spain but after the last 2 races I may well be, see ya next week.
This is a english exam not a race report ;0

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
2 sidepod glitches in 2 weeks in 2 races where i could have had a really feeeecking great result. side pod glitches at the start and then just worked my way back through as much as possible. highlight of the race was probably going 3 wide into the hairpin with kartekayen and mambo i think it was, or my ridiculous dive-bomb on mambo which paid off (i didn't spear him off guys don't worry) but yeah highlights should be up either later tonight or tomorrow morning.

fisi just a quick question, are you still gonna be doing the highlights for the races?? if so let me know coz il upload a separate vid that you can use of my footage with the commentaries I'm doing over the top of them

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
fisi just a quick question, are you still gonna be doing the highlights for the races?? if so let me know coz il upload a separate vid that you can use of my footage with the commentaries I'm doing over the top of them
Alright man! Yeah I still plan to do the highlights. Over this month I hope to finish off season 8 with the recaps, then from after the Christmas break I will hopefully be underway with highlights for the current season.

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Cryo Lockdown mentioned over twitter we should have a jury decide who done the best dive-bomb so let us know guys!!