F1: Round 9 - Belgian Grand Prix [26/01/14 - 9:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1: Round 9 - Belgian Grand Prix [26/01/14 - 9:00pm]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
First league race disconnection for me since the "ARL Friday League 1" Season 2 European Grand Prix on F1 2010 - and my second ever.

Really annoying, especially as I was having a really fun race as well, despite fighting for the lower points positions. Qualifying wasn't anything to brag about - started 10th and moved up and down a few places at the start. Had a good side-by-side moment with Randy early on coming towards the bus-stop chicane which unfortunately ended with a sidepod glitch touch and both of us losing time. From then on I felt like I was driving really well. Got past Jason and SE and caught up to Rickeey with the undercut after pitting two laps earlier than him. Then I had some really fun battling with Rickeey for the whole second stint - with Noble and Jody on a different strategy mixing themselves in there for a bit as well. Then made my 2nd and final stop with 9 laps to go, hoping to gain on Rickeey - and possibly some of the other cars ahead - with the undercut again, but that wasn't to be as I suddenly lost connection on the outlap :(

So yeah, not exactly the way I wanted my first league race on the new site to end. At least I got to have some fun before the connection went.

For the final few laps I was watching JD's stream though and saw him finally take his first AOR F1 League win, so congrats on that! Also to Martin on a 2nd place in his debut, and Noble for holding on to the podium on the alternate strategy. Not sure what happened behind them, but I saw that Rickeey - whom I was close to for my whole 2nd stint - finished 5th, which leaves me wondering where I could have been had the disconnection not happened...

Sounds like it should be a fun race for the return of the highlights videos at least, so hopefully we'll be able to get that going smoothly again. Need your help for that of course, so would be nice if you could get your videos up by Wednesday night - or if you can't, please let me know!

Cheers guys and see you in Monza.

TRL Martin

S10 AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Delighted with a 2nd place.

Qualifying was a bit messy, first outlap lost an emplate at eau rouge and second lap i got a corner cut. Final run i did a 30,313 first sector and completely bottled the final two sectors but still managed a competitive 45.3 for 6th.

First few laps was insane, 6 cars in close proximity with little contact. I knew i was going to pit early so i was happy to settle in 6th, 1.5 seconds behind 1st haha. Cant wait to see the highlights of that. Went for two 9 lap prime stints and they worked really well. managed to keep up with JD and have a nice gap behind me. Final few laps was pretty intense. i knew noble was struggling on the primes with the one stop and managed to nab him in the middle sector. Insane to not only race but overtake Noble for a position. Two stop was definitely faster so it would have been interesting to see what he could have done if he was on a similar strategy.

Well done to JD for his first win. Made no mistakes and had relentless pace. Monza next, I dont expect to be challenging for a podium, iv never been that competitive around there. I'm hoping for a solid points finish. Cheers for a great race guys.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Absolutely insane race for me, easily the best race I've been in on any league and any game! Feels so good to finally get a win I've been chasing for, which has been a very long frustrating time!! Had to make no mistakes and drive the wheels off the car to pull it off, so glad I finally managed to overcome it :) Great racing between everyone, super clean and intense as how it should be! The highlights video should provide one of the best races of the season in terms of action! Well done to Martin aswel, your pace was insane, and also to Noble for the great racing we had, clean and fair as always!

Looking forward to the rest of the season but no necessarily next track as it's aids on this game, but will try and keep up the good results :)

Jan 13, 2014
Had a poor race mainly due to my lack of pace. Was having a good battle with Randy in the second stint which was a highlight. The chance of a point or two was ruined by Matty who run me out of room on the starting straight going into the first corner, cost me a lot of time and he did not wait. That'll be going to the stewards later when I upload my video.

After my performance in Germany i'm hoping to be able to fight for the mid points positions in the near future. See you next week.

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Absolutely delighted with 5th and being pretty much on the pace. F1 hadn't been in my disc tray since Nurburgring, I only managed a handfull of offline quali practice, 2 online quali sessions with Randy, and not doing a single racing lap round Spa so I was a bit edgey on the first lap.

Overall that was probably the most entertainging race of the season so far for me. My strategy was a bit skewed due to an error on tyres by myself so I ended up going Option, Prime, Option which in the end worked out okay. Fisi and I were at it for long periods so it was a real shame he disconncted, there was a point where I though I'd overtaken you unfairly so gave the position back at the nearest safest spot. Had some good racing with Trace after his one and only stop although I thought you were Fisi so defended for my life, sorry about that! Had a pretty good last stint pitting on lap 17 for options and gaining three positions on Contadins, Matt and round the final chicane on the final lap against Mazy.

Well done to JD on finally winning his first race, t'was a nice move up Eau Rouge on me although I must admit I didn't use KERS in the hope you'd get ahead of me before so I could slipstream you to avoid any other position loses and my tyres had seen better days, nevertheless was nice to see us go through there without colliding :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the battling of Monza and seeing how the rest of the season unfolds.

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
RickeeyC;n7063 said:
Absolutely delighted with 5th and being pretty much on the pace. F1 hadn't been in my disc tray since Nurburgring, I only managed a handfull of offline quali practice, 2 online quali sessions with Randy, and not doing a single racing lap round Spa so I was a bit edgey on the first lap.

Overall that was probably the most entertainging race of the season so far for me. My strategy was a bit skewed due to an error on tyres by myself so I ended up going Option, Prime, Option which in the end worked out okay. Fisi and I were at it for long periods so it was a real shame he disconncted, there was a point where I though I'd overtaken you unfairly so gave the position back at the nearest safest spot. Had some good racing with Trace after his one and only stop although I thought you were Fisi so defended for my life, sorry about that! Had a pretty good last stint pitting on lap 17 for options and gaining three positions on Contadins, Matt and round the final chicane on the final lap against Mazy.

Well done to JD on finally winning his first race, t'was a nice move up Eau Rouge on me although I must admit I didn't use KERS in the hope you'd get ahead of me before so I could slipstream you to avoid any other position loses and my tyres had seen better days, nevertheless was nice to see us go through there without colliding :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the battling of Monza and seeing how the rest of the season unfolds.
Cheers man! And yeah it felt like a great move, pleased that there was no contact :p

RandyMcScrandy1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Just watched most of JD's highlights and have drawn 3 points from that

1) What a race that was

2) wow my gearbox really was terrible lol

3) Your pace and manner of driving really impressed me JD. Your qualifying lap was impeccable and from what it looked you fully deserved the win. Well done mate!

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
RandyMcScrandy1;n7136 said:
Just watched most of JD's highlights and have drawn 3 points from that

1) What a race that was

2) wow my gearbox really was terrible lol

3) Your pace and manner of driving really impressed me JD. Your qualifying lap was impeccable and from what it looked you fully deserved the win. Well done mate!
Hahah I was expecting something bad when I saw the first sentence of your post :p

I really appreciate that though mate, felt like I drove the best I could of done in terms of pace and also being clean so it feels good to do it legit. Thanks again man!

RandyMcScrandy1

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 14, 2014
TRL Limitless;n7141 said:
Hahah I was expecting something bad when I saw the first sentence of your post :p

I really appreciate that though mate, felt like I drove the best I could of done in terms of pace and also being clean so it feels good to do it legit. Thanks again man!
haha I really do need to lighten up in my forum posts ;) well done anyway mate great job

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
My highlights of last nights race!

[video=youtube;2SDIgBeIVAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SDIgBeIVAc&list=UUlm-9W9f6CoiHJuX3mnMRyQ&feature=c4-overview[/video]

x M a t t y G

1-time AOR X360 F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Just to let all you guys know, I will most probably be bowing out of the F1 leagues after this season finishes. I have no love for the game anymore.

TRL Limitless

Jan 13, 2014
x M a t t y G;n7365 said:
Just to let all you guys know, I will most probably be bowing out of the F1 leagues after this season finishes. I have no love for the game anymore.
Don't leave fool

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Would be a great shame for you to bow out of the last F1 season on the old gen Matt and season 8, but passions change I suppose, but I've enjoyed following you throughout the seasons and learnt so much from you top guys up in F1.

I hope you reconsider at some point but can only wish you well for the remainder of this potentially your last season m8,

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Shame to hear that Matt as you're one of the very best drivers we've had here for the past few years, and a great part of the league. You've been quite unlucky in the past couple of races and I can hope that if your luck turns towards the end of the season, you might change your mind. But either way, I appreciate that you, like Randy, are waiting until the end of the season before leaving to help finish off the season in style and not cause us unnecessary hassle!

Richyboy24

Formula Karter
Jan 13, 2014
x M a t t y G;7365 said:
That's a real shame mate... hope you have a decent end to the season that may change your mind. I do feel for next season perhaps a few changes to the format may be a reasonable idea to try and reinvigorate everything...but that's a discussion for another day.