F1 Season 2 Server Discussion Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F1 Season 2 Server Discussion Thread

Kevin Cox

Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2017
What happened to the recent lap records and results found here: http://176.9.64.2:8000/ as they were there earlier showing Craig's fastest lap time for example but now has been reset to only show the results from back in March??

Craig Baxter

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014
What happened to the recent lap records and results found here: http://176.9.64.2:8000/ as they were there earlier showing Craig's fastest lap time for example but now has been reset to only show the results from back in March??
I just cleared them all as the mod has slightly changed all the previous lap times are basically irrelevant.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevin Cox

Kwoliver93

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2018
My Livestream from Bahrain (freeze at 59:00)

Well, I was pretty pissed after my game froze after a few laps, but I thought, okay the problem must be on my end so yeah... Then a guy called TOCA2FREAK (I don't know who that is) wrote the following under my livestream from yesterday: "Unlucky about game freeze. Happened to me for a spilt second during that race too but lucky I was able to keep going. It's a known issue with this track. "

WHY do we even run the track, if this issue is already known and assumingly not just a few people beeing effected prior to the race !? After my start-crash I got pissed already, but this is now becoming seriously annoying. Why do we NOT have TESTRACES to figure stuff like this out? Every league that I raced from 2009-2013 had testraces in rFactor to help people preparing for a race both hardware-wise (graphic-settings), aswell as racing-wise (lap-1-crashes, racing practice, etc). In Melbourne I had FPS problems, because I wasn't able to judge on how consuming rF2 is with multiple cars online, on the grid, etc. Could have done that in a testrace. Same goes with the DRS-spin. I didn't had a SINGLE lap of practice where I was able to battle someone on track to see how the mod reacts. This should not be the case. Now in Bahrain, I almost got taken out in Turn-1, by people who failed to judge Turn-1 correctly, due to lag of experience maybe. A testrace could probably have helped. And now I have basically wasted pretty much 3 weeks of this adventure for pretty much nothing. Yes I like driving here, but I don't want to practice 1-2 weeks for hours just to drive a few laps in a race for nothing. Yes I am newcomer to rF2, but I have plenty of experience in both rFactor and iRacing. Now to make this small amount of progress from first few laps to first the first racing attempts with these cars, including adjusting graphics, tools, etc. in about 3 weeks, should have taken place within one week. Sorry to write it down like this, but I don't want to still feel like a newbie half-way into the season. I could have been really quick yesterday, but to be taken out by an already kown issue is... well...

Last edited:

Kevin Cox

Pro Karter
Nov 18, 2017
Yes that was me who commented on your vid. The current state of RF2 is a little buggy sadly and for the admins to test everything that could go wrong would take so long nothing will ever happen. :sneaky:

The amount of times over the years I have had a DNF in RF2 due to bugs with either the core of the game, track or car. When you have a game where it is moddable then this is inevitable and where the core is being updated over time which can then break a mod that worked perfectly before.

The joys of RF2. :geek:

Kwoliver93

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 20, 2018
But WHY don't we schedule testraces, for example every saturday before the raceweekend? At least then we can adjust and prepare ourselfs :(

Sam Carpenter

Reigning rFactor 2 Monday League Champion
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Nov 16, 2017
But WHY don't we schedule testraces, for example every saturday before the raceweekend? At least then we can adjust and prepare ourselfs :(
There is no time to take our usual weeks off to do test races. I can assure you nothing like Bahrain will ever happen again. There are no more tracks like that on the calendar.

danove_b

Formula Karter
Jan 11, 2018
Freezes and now a disconnect... I mentioned this in discord, but maybe it's better to take it up here. Just want to check if more people experience that this has become a bigger issue in season 2. I have very stable hardware and very stable internet connection. Before I upgraded my GPU I had some problem with for example Singapore, but never any Freezes that lasts more than a second. Can it be related to the latest version of rFactor (1.1111) like Sam and Craig mentioned in Discord? Should we roll back to 1.1110 for the next race? According to the change log it makes no difference for must of us I think.... Another thought is SRT that we added to this season. I have searched but haven't found anything that indicates that it could be the source to our problem.

Craig Baxter

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Apr 7, 2014
Freezes and now a disconnect... I mentioned this in discord, but maybe it's better to take it up here. Just want to check if more people experience that this has become a bigger issue in season 2. I have very stable hardware and very stable internet connection. Before I upgraded my GPU I had some problem with for example Singapore, but never any Freezes that lasts more than a second. Can it be related to the latest version of rFactor (1.1111) like Sam and Craig mentioned in Discord? Should we roll back to 1.1110 for the next race? According to the change log it makes no difference for must of us I think.... Another thought is SRT that we added to this season. I have searched but haven't found anything that indicates that it could be the source to our problem.
Its definitely something that we should consider, Bahrain was due to the track version but Baku had zero issues last season and it was horrible for me this time around. Will have a look in rF2 discord to see if more people are experiencing the same thing. Rolling back should be easily possible and shouldn't cause any issues that I can think of, does need some testing to make sure it's 100% that is the cause.