PC - F12 5sec + 5sec penalty both during SC | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F12 5sec + 5sec penalty both during SC

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffe

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 29, 2017
Platform + League: pc f12
League Coordinator: @Biolite80
Date: 11 aug
Members Involved:
@Sam Penfold @Zarra
Description: Basicly under the safety car Zarra had some connection issues i assume and he teleported behind me and the game decided thats illegal overtake and i tried to give pos back but Zarras car didnt go trough and got the 5 sec time penalty. In the shicane then i dont know why but i was following pack with same speed as leading pack was driving and then middle of the shicane came sudden braking i accidently hit @Sam Penfold rear and lost piece of my front wing and gained another 5 sec time penalty and i had no time to react for breaking as i tried but didnt help at all. So i would like to get both penalties deleted.
Evidence:

Sam Penfold

S18 AOR PC F12 Champion
Nov 28, 2017
I agree that your first penalty should be removed, @Zarra has already admitted he was having issues and you did all you could to give the position back.
As for the contact with me in the chicane, it looks like you just came in a bit too quickly. I can provide my POV so you can see if I was braking etc. But I think you had enough distance to have matched our speed rather than getting so close.

Steffe

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 29, 2017
I agree that your first penalty should be removed, @Zarra has already admitted he was having issues and you did all you could to give the position back.
As for the contact with me in the chicane, it looks like you just came in a bit too quickly. I can provide my POV so you can see if I was braking etc. But I think you had enough distance to have matched our speed rather than getting so close.
I am not blaming you at slowing down or if u didnt at all idk man but if you did slow down i guess its because you were following the pack but i say that losing piece of front wing and getting 5 time penalty for it is quite harsh.

Sam Penfold

S18 AOR PC F12 Champion
Nov 28, 2017
Yeah it’s quite harsh, but you nearly put me out of the race and it was behind a safety car. There is no reason to get so close under the safety car.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Pre-Verdict Notes: Only the second penalty is being dealt with in this thread, the lag related incident has been dealt with here.

The stewards have reviewed the evidence and decided that the 5 second time penalty for the collision will be removed as the damage is punishment enough. @Steffe will, however, receive 5 penalty points for dangerous driving as that collision could have had a much worse outcome for both drivers.

Closed. @Biolite80 @Sam Penfold

Status
Not open for further replies.