PC - F12 - Monaco GP - Wrong lobby settings and no formation lap | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F12 - Monaco GP - Wrong lobby settings and no formation lap

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graphyx

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Platform + League: PC Europe F12
League Coordinator: @Biolite80
Date: 15/09/2019
Members Involved: @Jordy van Oosten
Description: What a shitshow, no formation lap, assists were allowed in the lobby. Is that possible? It should have been restarted as soon as it wasn't a formation lap? Honestly?

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
I didn't agree with what happened with the settings. This should have been doubled checked before the go. And maybe even restarted at the end of the first lap when we realised it wasn't a formation lap! It did spoil the race. And am sure not much can now be done. And hopefully the assists couldn't been changed because it's easy enough to do if u know u can and some ppl might even try...

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
First of all, my apologies for the wrong settings in the lobby. My game crashed in the lobby and as you are aware off we had to restart and in all the hurrying to try and get it up and running for you guys I mustve miss clicked or forgot those settings. So I'm sorry for that.

Now as I recall I didn't hear anyone ask for a restart, besides you guys can see the lobby settings just as good as everyone else, so if you think this should have been double checked, yes I agree, by everyone in the lobby...

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
Oh and as far as assists go, everyone knows that we race without the assists, so it's up to them to actually keep their race honest, even though the host made a mistake in the lobby settings

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
@Jordy van Oosten am not having a go about it. It was disappointing, it too the sting out of the race. I shouldn't have to check whether it was set up right. If Ur the lobby host its Ur job. I get tho that Ur saying we all could have checked as well. But I would have happily waited and extra minute for the setting to be put right rather than rushing into it. Honest tho I get it happen but it was disappointing and like @Graphyx lost our big with it

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
And yeah I get that tho it's down to honesty. I hope and like to think ppl are honest in our group

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
@Jordy van Oosten am not having a go about it. It was disappointing, it too the sting out of the race. I shouldn't have to check whether it was set up right. If Ur the lobby host its Ur job. I get tho that Ur saying we all could have checked as well. But I would have happily waited and extra minute for the setting to be put right rather than rushing into it. Honest tho I get it happen but it was disappointing and like @Graphyx lost our big with it
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm doing my best

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
@Jordy van Oosten am not saying u aren't doing Ur best. It's the first mistake made and am sure it's the last I hope for us. I'll keep my eyes out tho for next time in the future races. I would had called tbf for a restart but I had to press to talk and my keyboard was away from me. Didn't want to crash trying

Jordy van Oosten

F1 Sponsored Driver
Sep 12, 2016
@Jordy van Oosten am not saying u aren't doing Ur best. It's the first mistake made and am sure it's the last I hope for us. I'll keep my eyes out tho for next time in the future races. I would had called tbf for a restart but I had to press to talk and my keyboard was away from me. Didn't want to crash trying
I really am doing my best. And as you say, it's the first mistake and yeah probably the last. I'm not perfect I make mistakes. I'm just a bit confused as to why this is being put in a stewards thread... If I smash one of you guys into a wall during race, sure I get that, but this, come on.

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
@Jordy van Oosten like I said am not denying Ur not doing Ur best. Or calling u the golden boy. But I get wat u mean about it being put forward. My guess is the stewards might just give a solution on what to do if we find ourselves in the same situation next time my guess

Graphyx

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 15, 2018
That's okay, everyone can make a mistake. But, the race should have been restarted or postponed later.

Biolite80

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2017
Everyone was in the same boat....like @Jordy van Oosten said he had to scramble to get the lobby reset, we are not allowed to save settings as it can result in the same weather every race. If you changed the assists its on you as they should have been set to off anyway. This is not some thing should be but in a stewards inquiry....,maybe if it was maliciously done, but as everyone saw in original lobby all setting where correct. Mistakes happen my race got screwed too but you dont here me complaing.

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
@Biolite80 am not complaining. Am just saying it should be looked at encase the event of this happening again and what we do. Whether we keep on racing or whether we restart. Because Sam has a healthy lead once he realised it wasn't a formation lap first

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
We can decide as a group or be given instructions from the stewards how it should be dealed with

BoxAFrog

Formula Karter
Sep 4, 2018
@Biolite80 like I said am not having a go earlier. Am not wanting to pissed people off. And just saying that there should be a solution in the event if it happens again. Because like I said Sam realised first and gave him a healthy lead. And it had took the sting out of the start. But again am not wanting to **** ppl off or having a go here

BosslyGaming

Super Mod & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
This isn't a matter for the stewards.

We clearly see a mistake with the lobby settings, but we're all human and we make mistakes. This can't have massively affected the race, so I'll close this here with no action other than an internal recommendation to ensure all lobby settings are correct in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.