PS4 - F2 Incident with Pablo Joglar | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F2 Incident with Pablo Joglar

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedstah

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 2, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 F2
League Coordinator: Jompalleinen
Date: 1/12/20
Members Involved: Myself and Pablo Joglar
Description:

As is the usual case when I race Pablo, we were racing hard and it ended in tears. He decides that he's had enough of being behind me, so he makes a desperate lunge which spins me out completely. This was a buildup of hard racing. While Pablo will most certainly put forth the claim that I was driving aggressively, all I want to say is that I was racing within the rules. While I was aggressively defending, I was sticking to one defensive move per straight, and I always left him room when he had a legitimate overtaking chance.

Evidence:

Last edited:

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Alright, we talked after the race to try and resolve our problems and I didn’t see this. I wasn’t going to report this, but, as he has reported this, I’m gonna show you:
Speedstah wanted to crash myself out again as he wanted in Japan, I still wasn’t sure 100% if Japan was deliberate, but then at this race I saw.
He tried not once, not twice, but three times to crash me moving in the straight just about when I was moving to the right to overtake. He still does have the big balls to call his moves “under the rules” and “I still left him space”. You can CLEARLY see he tried to take me out, I had to brake or make a late move to save crashing with him. You can see it on the video.
What about this incident? I was frustrated and out of my mind and did a silly mistake putting too much the throttle down and losing the back of the car, touching him. I got surprised as he took a different line, not as other laps, but that’s still not an excuse and this one is my fault. I want to clarify the move wasn’t intentional, I just did a silly mistake after the frustation.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
In the first move I almost lose the car because I had the DRS open and I almost lose the back end there, really dangerous. In the second one, I even leave a bit more of space but he still does move completely to the right and I had to hardly press the brake, and then, in the third one, he moved just in the braking zone. I think there is no doubt here, it’s very clear for me.
This all has been an unsporting action that the AOR rules don’t tolerate, it is very serious, and it has been done 4 times, not 1, not 2, not 3. 4. I think I’ve made it clear.
I still thought after the talk we had that he was going to change, but I guess he hasn’t done.

Speedstah

Semi-Pro Karter
Nov 2, 2018
If I wanted to take pablo out, I would have waited until he was alongisde me and have hit him off the track. There was no intent to "take Pablo out" in any of these actions. While I do agree that I moved late, on each instance I made only one defensive move per straight, as I'm entitled to do, and left Pablo space when he was alongside me. I made sure there was enough space between myself and pablo when I moved, and we didn't have any contact (until he tried to spin me). If you want me footage I will be happy to supply it, but there isn't much my footage brings to the table other than me moving late. In the second to last clip, it appears like I moved in the braking zone, but in fact I moved right before the braking zone, then braked right after I completed my move.

Again, to reiterate, it was hard racing with some aggressive defending. But I stayed within the rules.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked at the footage and have come to the following conclusions. @Joglar will receive a 5 second time penalty and 5 penalty points for causing a minor avoidable collision.

We see three cases of blocking from @Speedstah . Defensive moves must be made proactively. Reactively swerving to block another car is against the rules. You will receive 5 penalty points for each instance, so 15 penalty points in total. If we see any more of these kinds of moves from you, significantly harsher penalties will follow.

@jomppalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.