PS4 - F2 - Stupid divebomb which ruined my race victory | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F2 - Stupid divebomb which ruined my race victory

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 F2
Coordinator: @jomppalainen
Date: 5/1/2020
Members involved: @HarrisonDavidR6
Description: He basically just divebombed me, crashed into my back, driving me into the Racing Point and causing a massive crash... There is no way he had a possibility to overtake around there with a car just in front of me in a hairpin. The 2 cars in front had penalties and I didn’t so this ruined my potential race win. I really knew he was going to try and attack so you can see I go a bit defensive but he just ran into my back
Evidence:

HarrisonDavidR6

Junior Karter
Dec 1, 2019
Platform + League: PS4 F2
Coordinator: @jomppalainen
Members involved: @Joglar
Description:
At first I thought it was me who was at fault and just misjudged the overtake, but after watching Joglers POV I saw that he might have had a much bigger impact on the incident. I asked for multiple opinions just so I wasn’t bias and they all thought the same. This is why I post these images to show that it wasn’t 100% my fault. And if he didn’t turn, he wouldn’t have hit another driver even if I hit him anyway.

Attachments

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
His explanation makes no sense. You can see I start to brake at the end of the kerb (which is the reference point). Obviously I don’t take the normal line as he could have attacked me, I did this defending with @MRL_vasterracer multiple times and we had no problems, because he didn’t miss his to brake as David did. And you can see I turn the wheel to the left because of the impact on the rear of the car, because of the force feedback. Plus, arrows don’t make a difference AT ALL, we know how this game is and you can see perfectly the mirror how he hits my back. And, he isn’t providing his POV into this, so, we can’t really know, it would be much easier to have it and as we don’t it should not help him, as we are all supposed to record our races, specially if we have a big incident like this. Ridiculous

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
And, to finish, I tried to avoid the incident until the last moment as you can see I accelerate a little bit even while braking, because I saw this coming. So no, I wouldn’t have hitted Vasterracer if he didn’t came like a mad man. Saying 1% of this is my fault is already unacceptable for me. PD: Saying multiple people had that opinion is not an argument for a stewards case, a lot of people think you were at fault but that doesn’t matter here at all.

HarrisonDavidR6

Junior Karter
Dec 1, 2019
I would like to bring a few things up since jogler likes to make things bigger than they really are. He says he accelerated in a braking zone to avoid me. Does that not mean he did have something to do with hitting vasterracer?. I would also like to say that I did not use others opinions as an argument. I do take responsibility for the incident like I said at the very beginning in chat. But I think he is making me look like a terrible driver which I know I’m not.
He also said that the start was my fault so I have a clip of that.

Since I think he has taken this too far I would like to show you the messages sent to the group after.
@jomppalainen

Attachments

jomppalainen

S16 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 6, 2018
Forwarding these posts as well to the stewards, and that'll be the end of it. You've both said your piece now.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
The start is another opinion which doesn’t involve this case and the messages are taked out of context. I’m not making any more comment

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the footage and have found @HarrisonDavidR6 to be at fault for causing a moderate avoidable collision, he will receive a 10 second time penalty and 10 penalty points for this incident.

We will also be warning @Joglar for his rejoining of the track, as this nearly caused a further crash. In future you must wait for approaching cars to pass before returning to the track.

@jomppalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.