PC - F3 Germany - Cutting turn 1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F3 Germany - Cutting turn 1

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Platform + League: PC F3
League Coordinator: @Hooper @JSR
Date:
10/11/2019
Members Involved:
@Jezza
Description:
Jezza cut turn 1 on lap 1 and gained a few positions because of it. The game didn't give him a 5 sec stop-go for this either I'm pretty sure.
Evidence:

Jezza

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017

In my opinion, in the situation I was put in, I had to either cut T1; go wide (taking you out instead) or slam on the brakes and potentially cause a 4 car pileup. What I did, considering it was Lap 1 T1, was justified in order to avoid taking anyone out and to avoid specifically you. After seeing both Wazzza and Ripsn gain damage I did not want to risk running into the back of them or taking anyone else out.

JSR

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
Moved to the stewards.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked over the footage and comments provided and felt that @Jezza gained a sustaining advantage by cutting turn 1. He will therefore receive a 10 second time penalty and 5 penalty points. The penalty seconds for the time gained and the penalty points for the fact the overtakes were illegal.

Closed.
@RichyB @Hooper @JSR @Jezza

Status
Not open for further replies.