F3 League? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

F3 League?

codeGreene

Formula Karter
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,

Is there a currently running F3 league, or any intentions of starting up a new league soon? I see season 4 was postponed, but I cannot find out why.

Any info?

Thanks

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
The F3 league was postponed as the new tyres had some problems, so 3.5 was run in it's place. 3.5 was carried over for this season, F3 may return for a later season.

codeGreene

Formula Karter
Jun 2, 2019
What problems does the new tyres have? Just curious, I run Formula Sprint and haven't really had much issues, but I know that's a shorter race where tyre considerations are lower.

n0body_

AOR iRacing GTE S8 Pro Champion
Jun 19, 2017
It’s nowhere near as bad this season since they changed the tyres again in the new build. Last season they were very broken and no fun to drive at all

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Aug 20, 2017
F3 is overwhelmingly popular this season I think. I know in the Tepa discord there's a large group of people who'd consider signing up for the league who never even pondered it before. It arguably doesn't feel quite as good to drive as it once did, but it's a lot more drivable and therefore a lot more accessible to people.

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
When they first put the new tyres on there were some big problems with how they were behaving. Way too much grip when hot, crazy drifting/yaw angles when cornering, the tendeny to grip roll of of kerbs...

The updated tyres seem to be better, but I prefer the 3.5 so I'm not super sad that we've stuck with it this season. Even if I suck in the 3.5.