Jun 4, 2015
Round 7 - Austrian Grand Prix
AOR F1 2016 Season 13

Race Information:
Date: Sunday 4th June 2017
Start Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Red Bull Ring
Laps: 36

Please try to be online at least 10 minutes before the start time, and await the lobby invite from the League Coordinator and/or the lobby host. Also please ensure your internet connection is in an optimal state at the time of racing.

Notes:
Rules & regulations: Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules & regulations of the leagues. As a driver in our leagues, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

Lobby settings: If you are unsure about the lobby settings that will be used for the race, look here.

No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place. Note the rules of participation here.

Useful Links:
Results & Standings
League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar

Last edited by a moderator:

AOR Benjamin

4 Times AOR XB1 PCars and AC Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jun 4, 2015
Just a little notice regarding the pit lane entry tonight:

Please make sure you stay within the white lines on the entry (white line starting before the penultimate corner). If you have a car close behind you when you're about to pit, then you should move over to the right side of the track early before the penultimate corner to make the car behind aware that you're pitting and that you'll be going slower than usual on the next apex. Hopefully this will avoid any potential confusion & contact due to this awkward entry.

@Im_an_eagle @Matt Freeman @Olliverhagstrom @AVGExotiK @Nunya b1zz @mike.foster.338658 @MonstA @Mattsaj @LKay91 @RAINB0W @RC Iron STARK @TK Poodle 123 @Danny Shaw @Knopels @TheIceberg @James / Infiniti @SafcMather98 @BPRL Goblin @JH Plays @k3eWEe @AOR Benjamin

MKJ

GP2 1st Driver
Feb 9, 2014
I'm so f**king sorry for all in this league for my performance in that race, it is the worst I've ever driven in a league race (not that it's hard to beat that performance). At first I didn't think it was going too bad but around lap 10 I span and @LKay91 collected me. I'm sorry for that - I don't know what kerbs had against me in this race. I pit and then more mistakes probably a mix of over driving and feeling pure guilt - I shouldn't of raced tonight. As the race had a good rhythm going I did not want to retire like most would - I know how annoying that is, so I continued despite knowing I couldn't really race :/. I've been in AOR since S8 and I've never been caught up or involved in anything. I raced like pure cancer tonight and I'll take any wrap or complaints or whatever for it - even if that means my removal from the league. I don't know what the hell was wrong tonight, it was awful and I feel so guilty. I hope I didn't ruin anyone's race as much as a SC would have around lap 25-30. I let my AI car drive the rest instead of retiring as I did not want to ruin the race for the leaders with a SC.

Sorry again, I might see you in the next one and be back to myself -

Regards.
[DOUBLEPOST=1496607532][/DOUBLEPOST]@AOR Benjamin

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
My first win in AOR!

Started P9 and had to pit on lap 1 from damage, so that put me to P13. After the SC restart I was really cautious to not kill anybody but also wanted to make up the positions. A couple of late breaking moves helped me get past a few people and by the end of all my battleing and a few pit stops from people ahead I found myself in P1 going into the Intermediate phase of the race.

A few stupid CC penalties that could have been really avoided kept me on my toes from @TheIceberg who has tremendous wet pace. A few lapped cars to negotiate my way around sort of evened the pace and then it was just making sure not to bin it or run out of fuel through the last two corners.

Congrats to @TheIceberg and @TK Poodle 123 for keepinf me alert and @BPRL Goblin who kept me company in the early laps

On to Britain!

Olliverhagstrom

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 20, 2016
I got complaints that i was moving all over the track before, this was mainly to avoid the sauber in front of me, i have footage to back it up, sorry to the manor i touched in turn 2 that was my bad didn't see you... But mainly a good race today but i dsc in the last lap and then got dsq, i believe it's my gigabit switch that's beeing confused when it's getting megabit in and when it's trying to figure that out it just cuts for a few seconds and i get dsc so i'll try sort that out for the next race :)

BPRL Goblin

Formula Karter
Jun 27, 2015
Well where to start? What didn't go wrong? Bottled my final quali lap so only started 3rd and not pole. Got squeezed and put into into the barrier by @SafcMather98, SC came out and I switched to softs. I used @Im_an_eagle as a battering ram to get through the field and was working nicely as we made our way into the top 5 and beyond easily. Win looked possible, until I was caught out in the Jo and Kinky incident at the penultimate corner. Still managed to recover from that and went back up to P2 behind eagle before being taken out by Safcmather98 again. Eventually came off the softs onto the inters, but my front wing damage wasn't fixed so I still had crippling understeer in the T5 and T6. Eventually came home 6th, but fell to 8th with penalties, I hope to get one of them removed tho and jump back up to 7th. Gg to @Im_an_eagle on the win, shame I couldn't have been up there to challenge you. But we march on to the next race! #AF7 #TeamGobbo

Reactions: Im_an_eagle

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
I got complaints that i was moving all over the track before, this was mainly to avoid the sauber in front of me, i have footage to back it up, sorry to the manor i touched in turn 2 that was my bad didn't see you... But mainly a good race today but i dsc in the last lap and then got dsq, i believe it's my gigabit switch that's beeing confused when it's getting megabit in and when it's trying to figure that out it just cuts for a few seconds and i get dsc so i'll try sort that out for the next race :)
It's all good. You didn't really effect me. I saw you two leave a gap at the apex so I went for it, probably a bit cheecky tbh
[DOUBLEPOST=1496615079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well where to start? What didn't go wrong? Bottled my final quali lap so only started 3rd and not pole. Got squeezed and put into into the barrier by @SafcMather98, SC came out and I switched to softs. I used @Im_an_eagle as a battering ram to get through the field and was working nicely as we made our way into the top 5 and beyond easily. Win looked possible, until I was caught out in the Jo and Kinky incident at the penultimate corner. Still managed to recover from that and went back up to P2 behind eagle before being taken out by Safcmather98 again. Eventually came off the softs onto the inters, but my front wing damage wasn't fixed so I still had crippling understeer in the T5 and T6. Eventually came home 6th, but fell to 8th with penalties, I hope to get one of them removed tho and jump back up to 7th. Gg to @Im_an_eagle on the win, shame I couldn't have been up there to challenge you. But we march on to the next race! #AF7 #TeamGobbo
Good to have battles with multiple people throughout the race! I think I was side by side with everyone at least once that race

Reactions: BPRL Goblin

Olliverhagstrom

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 20, 2016
It's all good. You didn't really effect me. I saw you two leave a gap at the apex so I went for it, probably a bit cheecky tbh
Good to hear, yeah it was kind of chaos those laps and i tried to give all the cars space while avoiding people in front that was fighting aah well it's racing fortunatly you didn't get affected atleast (y)

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Good to hear, yeah it was kind of chaos those laps and i tried to give all the cars space while avoiding people in front that was fighting aah well it's racing fortunatly you didn't get affected atleast (y)
Yeah, as I say if I did get affected it probably would've been my fault, although it's good to see you have the awareness to know where cars are. Not many people have that recently

Olliverhagstrom

Formula 4 Test Driver
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, as I say if I did get affected it probably would've been my fault, although it's good to see you have the awareness to know where cars are. Not many people have that recently
Yeah, that lesson i've learnt pretty well and your'e right not many people have that...

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
Well that was pretty basic race for me this season so in qualifying i bottle it once again like pretty much every time this season, then race at the start i did take that super carefully to just avoid all collisions and oh boy those happen on turn 1 and on next straight and in the end after people did pit under safety car i was 3rd!!! after that i had pretty good battle with @Danny Shaw after that i was just trying to catch @TK Poodle 123 and @Im_an_eagle i was able to catch up and overtake @TK Poodle 123 but @Im_an_eagle had little bit too big gap so in the end it was 2nd place for me, it was a good result but the main thing is i catch up a championship leader a bit on the standings so that's always good thing ;)

Nunya b1zz

Formula Karter
Apr 25, 2017
Terrible race for me lost my right front wing on the first corner then had to pit n went on the ss again while i should have gone on the softs then made another few mistakes wich cost me multiple positions.. didnt rly had any pace at all but when we went on the inters it was completely gone.. ah well im happy to atleast finish the race since im just not the comfy yet with my new "room/setup" didnt raced for like 3 weeks besides some little tt due moving to another house.. hope i can get comfy soon n put in some more hours cuz this is pretty bad.. @AOR Benjamin tought we made contact (wich i tought was kinda my fault) so let u pass me but then u let me pass again? What was that :p

Anyway gratz to @Im_an_eagle for the win and sorry for holding u down in 1 corner but that was just cuz i was kinda stressed in the rain n saw u a bit 2 late n didnt want to completely fk u up by spinning my car or something else n make contact or w/e..

AOR Benjamin

4 Times AOR XB1 PCars and AC Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jun 4, 2015
@AOR Benjamin tought we made contact (wich i tought was kinda .y fault) so let u pass me but then u let me pass again? What was that :p
The contract was my fault as I locked up and went straight on so I wasn't expecting you to wait and as for me letting you pass again, let say I ran out of talent :whistle: ;)

TK Poodle 123

Formula Karter
Apr 3, 2017
Great race with the rain and everything and I managed to get a podium!
Quali:
P1. Happy with that because it was enough for pole but fairly far off my tt time.
Race:
I kept p1 at the start but when the sc came out I probs made the wrong call not to go to softs.
Anyway after everything I was p2 and looked set for a p2 until I got a yellow engine and half spun in the slippery conditions dropping down to neutral. @TheIceberg got past because of this and I then got a 4 something pit stop from the boys which I was clearly very happy with. It was then about relaxing and coping with engine wear. Anyway congrats @Im_an_eagle on the win it's been coming!

Im_an_eagle

S14 AOR XB1 F5 Champion
Feb 10, 2017
Great race with the rain and everything and I managed to get a podium!
Quali:
P1. Happy with that because it was enough for pole but fairly far off my tt time.
Race:
I kept p1 at the start but when the sc came out I probs made the wrong call not to go to softs.
Anyway after everything I was p2 and looked set for a p2 until I got a yellow engine and half spun in the slippery conditions dropping down to neutral. @TheIceberg got past because of this and I then got a 4 something pit stop from the boys which I was clearly very happy with. It was then about relaxing and coping with engine wear. Anyway congrats @Im_an_eagle on the win it's been coming!
Thanks man! Reckon you'll be up there as well in the next few races

• Friendly
Reactions: TK Poodle 123