XB1 - F3 - Slowing down intentionally to get DRS | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 F3 - Slowing down intentionally to get DRS

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Platform + League: XB1 F3
League Cordinator: @AOR Benjamin and @nemura
Date: 2/12/2018 France Race
Members Involved: Myself and @Danny Shaw
Description: We were having a great figjt for the win but Danny made and illegal strategy which is slowing down before the DRS detection to get DRS. He did twice also on the last lap but I didn’t record that because obviously it’s the last lap and I didn’t want to pause the game. This one I just pass but the last lap one I noticed his strategy and I stayed behind.
Evidence:

2.7 DRS:

● Driving in a dangerous or unsporting manner in order to gain the use of DRS in the race is not allowed and may be penalised retrospectively. This kind of driving includes - but is not limited to - violently decelerating and/or steering when clearly in front of the following car, or deliberately letting another car go past for the purpose of ensuring DRS activation.

Danny Shaw

2-time AOR XB1 F3 Champion
Apr 2, 2017
My POV on this is that in no way is this dangerous I pull miles off the racing line and let go of the throttle slowly there is no rule saying I can’t let other drivers past on track, this is also an irrelevant post because he won the race and gained no damage or didn’t have to take avoiding action in this incident

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Also is unsportsman behavior like it says in the rules of the league.

Danny Shaw

2-time AOR XB1 F3 Champion
Apr 2, 2017
I would like to also add I didn’t do this for DRS I did this to save ERS whilst in his slipstream as I was running low

Status
Not open for further replies.