PC - F4 CHI - Punting me off track | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F4 CHI - Punting me off track

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Platform + League: PC F4
League Coordinator: @Hooper @Ely97
Date:
14th October 2018
Members Involved:
@Johan Engberg
Description:
We were side by side (me on the outside) for the last corner and he punted me on the grass.
On top of that he divebombed gamermode just before this incident, which I saw him doing on a regular basis if I remember correctly. But I was not involved in those incidents so I won't post them here. Unless you want me to.
Evidence:

Johan Engberg

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
First off apologies for having made contact.

In the first part right as I started my overtake on Aartsii, he moved to the right to block me, directly in front of me under braking. On the video it shows that I move out of the slipstream and right after he moves right to block me. In the split second I thought he would stay there or move even more to the right so I thought I had to make a radical move to the right to avoid him and that severely affected my braking efficiency. I wouldn't move that much to the right in a normal overtake attempt as it would put me on a very bad line for the corner. Turns out Aartsii then moved back to the left (weaving like that in an overtaking situation, dangerous and illegal??) but I had already started to avoid him so it looks like I darted right in on Gamermode. Wouldn't do that intentionally cause that would indeed be crazy to try and overtake two cars like that. I did have a legitimate shot at overtaking Aartsii but then things changed as seen on the video. I can be seen trying to mount the kerb to avoid contact but it's too late. We were lucky that nothing really bad happened.

Second part, I drive in cockpit view so I didn't quite see where you were. I thought I had left enough room and I didn't even try to take the normal racing line cause I was trying to leave you room. Sorry to have pushed you off mate, lucky that this didn't result in anything really bad either! However, please note that this happened right after the first incident where I could've been taken out completely so I was admittedly a little flustered because of that.

- Johan

EDIT: Perhaps this qualifies as an appeal on @AOR AaRTSii ? Cause I would like to make that appeal for him having dangerously and illegally moved in an overtaking situation to try and block the following car from overtaking and thus causing a potentially severe incident.

EDIT 2: I guess I can't appeal on this cause I have no evidence but I'd like to say that in qualifying Hooper ran into the back of me on the first out lap (where no one is on a fast lap) and I got a 5 place grid penalty because of that by the game for colliding with Hooper. I know that 5 place penalty can't be taken away and I'm not sure what happened in that incident as I haven't seen it from all angles but I can't see how I should've gotten a penalty for that. There were several cars in close proximity and we were all going slow to set up the following first fast lap so I think it should be known to be careful and leave enough space in between drivers in front who are warming their tyres up. Perhaps Hooper has video on this? Cause the 5 place penalty changed my race quite a bit.

Last edited:

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Thanks for the apology:)
In terms of the other divebombs. I just checked and they weren't to bad. I made it look worse in my head than it actually was.
I do have to agree on the late move from AaRTSii. Unfortunately, I've also seen multiple of those throughout this race.

Johan Engberg

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
Actually now having looked at the first incident properly once more from the stream angle, it looks like Gamermode is actually the first one to make a late (illegal?) move to the left under braking right in front of Aartsii, who then makes a move to the right to avoid Gamermode followed by me having to radically avoid Aartsii.

AaRTSii

Pro Karter
Sep 10, 2018
Dear, Johan Engberg

I didn't want to block your move and I would like to went back next to Gamermode100, that's why i moved to right, but he did a good braking and i couldn't do anything i had to accept, that i was overtaken. You missed the breaking piont and ran into Gamermode100. And you had speed advantage and you have to calculate you have to break earlier if you have more speed than the others.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
EDIT 2: I guess I can't appeal on this cause I have no evidence but I'd like to say that in qualifying Hooper ran into the back of me on the first out lap (where no one is on a fast lap) and I got a 5 place grid penalty because of that by the game for colliding with Hooper. I know that 5 place penalty can't be taken away and I'm not sure what happened in that incident as I haven't seen it from all angles but I can't see how I should've gotten a penalty for that. There were several cars in close proximity and we were all going slow to set up the following first fast lap so I think it should be known to be careful and leave enough space in between drivers in front who are warming their tyres up. Perhaps Hooper has video on this? Cause the 5 place penalty changed my race quite a bit.
If you want to make a new stewards enquiry about it if you feel that it was unfair, then go ahead and do so. Seeing as this thread belongs to a separate incident.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Cheers for everyone's input, sent to the stewards.

Johan Engberg

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
Dear, Johan Engberg

I didn't want to block your move and I would like to went back next to Gamermode100, that's why i moved to right, but he did a good braking and i couldn't do anything i had to accept, that i was overtaken. You missed the breaking piont and ran into Gamermode100. And you had speed advantage and you have to calculate you have to break earlier if you have more speed than the others.

Understood mate :). Although I didn't miss my braking point, I had to react to what was happening in front of me.

From Aartsii's view looks like Gamermode took a standard and justified line to me.

However Aartsii's move to the right is not justified cause from the way I see it, you don't have a real shot at overtaking Gamermode and you have another car behind you right about to overtake you. You make a sudden move to the right just before the braking point and you're about 2-3 car lengths back from Gamermode, not in an overtaking position while at the same time I'm right behind you. I'm not saying you wanted to cause an incident but that's what happened cause you went for a half-hearted overtake move on Gamermode and ignored me behind you and ended up weaving right and left in an overtaking situation which is not allowed. No offense to anyone but I now have to stand on my original statement that this was caused by Aartsii.

- Johan

Last edited:

Tom Lippmann

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 25, 2017
from my pov I first of all thought what the heck Johan. addition to that, on my screen i was on the left side of the track about 150 meters ahead of the breaking zone.
Eitherway watching back the stream and aartsii's pov it clearly wasn't the case, which means dsync basicaly caused it all. Aartsii had to avoid me kind of just to make sure that there is no contact made (on my screen i made sure that i was clear and moved way before the breaking zone ), which forced Johan Engberg to avoid him and to after all make contact with me. I'd say a racing incident with dsync issues that caused it. My opinion on that changed while watching the stream and the other POV's. Looked like no one braked to late, just a unlucky thing that happened

Johan Engberg

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
If you want to make a new stewards enquiry about it if you feel that it was unfair, then go ahead and do so. Seeing as this thread belongs to a separate incident.
I don't have video and that penalty can't be taken away anyway. Just please be careful in the future but no worries mate

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and came to the conclusion that @Johan Engberg was at fault on the two incidents.

Therefore @Johan Engberg gets a 10-second time penalty and 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision at the hairpin, and a 5-second time penalty + 5 penalty points for the second indicent involving @RichyB. We hope you'll learn from your mistakes and be a cleaner driver in the future.

The stewards have also decided to give @AaRTSii 5 penalty points for moving under braking at the hairpin. It is a very dangerous manoeuvre and we hope you'll stop doing this in the future

Closed @Hooper @Ely97 @RichyB @Johan Engberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.