PC - F4 - Last chicane incident | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F4 - Last chicane incident

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Platform + League: PC F4
League Coordinator: @JSR
Date:
29/09/2019
Members Involved:
@Jezza @RichyB
Description:
Not sure if anyone is to blame here, but I felt like I didn't do anything wrong so it's frustrating that an incident occured and would like to see the footage from @Jezza as well.

Coming up to the last chicane I had the inside and was slightly ahead of @Jezza. I decided to brake as late as I dared to claim the corner and force him behind me. He broke even later and turned in for the apex, leaving me no room and spinning me out.
I feel like it was impossible for him to brake that late, leave me space on the inside, still make the second part of the chicane and then not crash any of us into the wall of champions and thus think his move was to agressive.

Evidence:

JSR

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 11, 2018
@Jezza Do you have your perspective of the incident?

Jezza

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
Sorry for the trash quality;
Really sorry @RichyB this one is on me I think, as you can see I realised my mistake as I slightly went for the chicane, I then cut the corner in an attempt to avoid hitting you but by then it was already to late. Sorry again <3.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked over the footage and comments provided and felt that @Jezza was at fault in this incident.
We think @Jezza broke too late and in an attempt to still make the chicane collected @RichyB. In future you're advised to be cautious when racing close with other cars.
We therefore give @Jezza a 5 second time penalty and 5 penalty points for causing a minor avoidable collision.

Closed.
@RichyB @Jezza @JSR

Status
Not open for further replies.