Moved - F4 - R3 - Japan | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved F4 - R3 - Japan

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proulx

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
Platform + League: Xbox - F4

League Coordinator: @Bernie

Date: 30/3/20

Members Involved: @Best Kiko

Description:

I brake later and perform the 'cutback' on @Best Kiko at which point he moves slightly to the left resulting in contact. The next corner is a right hander and I know that usually, the car comes left to sweep right but in these conditions I feel like @Best Kiko should've been more aware and forgiving with space. If you watch my wheel, I do not turn right, I actually slightly move left and @Best Kiko continues to move across slightly.

Evidence: Skip to 3:50

Best Kiko

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 4, 2019
That’s unfortunate ....

From my side I slid a bit getting back in power and then we get entangled . I tried turning right but to no avail. Maybe if cathal had lifted a bit .... but I ain’t blaming him.
I have the video , will ad to my gamerdvr later today

Best Kiko

GP2 1st Driver
Jan 4, 2019

my son turned the game on so I could upload sooner than I thought ... I actually didn’t slide as much ....but you can see I didn’t turn the wheel left either , plus he was Still behind so don’t feel he was yet entitled for even more space (There was enough) . He was risking going for it Under those conditions.

Actually you can see I try to avoid by turning right (as I remembered)

I just find it a hard one .... it was just shitty for both. It would be a beautiful overtake if it worked...

Proulx

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 23, 2014
@Bernie - Please add this

It’s very small margins but at this moment I think you could’ve straightened the wheel instead of holding a line to the left. I understand it’s tenths of a second in the difference but it leads to the collision.

Attachments

Bernie

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 7, 2016
@Bernie - Please add this

It’s very small margins but at this moment I think you could’ve straightened the wheel instead of holding a line to the left. I understand it’s tenths of a second in the difference but it leads to the collision.
Also added.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked through the evidence and comments put forward and have come to the following conclusion.

From looking at the footage it is clear to see that when exiting T11 that both cars make very little contact which results in a race ending crash. We can also see very little movement from @Best Kiko that suggests that he came across into @Cathal, even if there was little movement this is not unacceptable as the straight after T11 does curve right so by moving slightly left to open up the corner is natural. Compounded by the fact that @Cathal only have his front wing along side, there being a huge amount of space on the left for @Cathal to use and the race being in full wet conditions has made us come to the following decision.

Therefore we have decided that No Further Action will be taken

Closed. @Bernie @Cathal @Best Kiko

Status
Not open for further replies.