PC - F4 Spinning into me | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC F4 Spinning into me

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyB

Reigning S14 AOR PC Assist 2 Champion
Oct 16, 2017
Platform + League: PC F4
League Coordinator: @Hooper @Ely97
Date:
30th of September
Members Involved:
@Johan Engberg @RichyB
Description:
Johan Engberg just came out of the pits on cold tyres so I tried to put pressure, he loses the car in turn 3 and spins into me. Maybe I'm a bit frustrated after my horrible start to the season, but I think he didn't brake or lift off the throttle which would have avoided a collision.
@Johan Engberg I'm just a bit frustrated, no hard feelings to you personally.
Evidence:

Johan Engberg

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
Yeah I was coming out of the pits on cold tyres and over cooked T3 a little and then almost spun. I had my hands full not spinning so at that point I feel I couldn't have done anything to steer the car. And it looks like my spin started even before I touched the kerb or the grass so I was just trying to keep the car from spinning even before that.

Also nothing personal on my part either, but on the video it's seen that RichyB fully accelerates out of the corner on the regular racing line and doesn't take any avoiding action to avoid me at all despite clearly seeing me starting to spin and thus drives right into me.

Last edited:

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
@Johan Engberg I wasn't only asking about your hands. From my onboard I still see your tyres spinning when they hit the graveltrap. I think it's important to know if you lifted off or braked and didn't keep your foot on the throttle (like Grosjean in Spain) and if you have footage of the incident.

Johan Engberg

Pro Karter
Mar 27, 2018
I don't have footage as video recording causes me too much lag. When I started to oversteer I was of course already as hard on the brakes as possible. Naturally my tyres are still spinning cause locking brakes never helps and panicking on the brakes for sure is not the way to safely catch a spin. I don't really know how or why I would intentionally hit you and take a huge risk of destroying both our races nor how that would benefit me. At that moment my car was going into a spin and I was of course doing everything I could to regain control of my car and hoping for no collisions while my car is moving diagonally towards the track and I can't stop the momentum of it. But also it's important to note that at that specific time I can't even really know exactly where on the track you are, how close or where you are going to go to hopefully avoid a collision so I can't even make an accurate decision of how to avoid you, even if that was possible, which it isn't cause in a split second moment like that I can't see or know where you are and my car is still out of my full control. I don't really see how I may have broken any rules.

On your part, I think you were hoping to miss me and just drive past me, failed to react in any way to a racing incident in front of you (by racing incident I mean someone spinning in a race by accident), neglecting to take action to avoid a collision and accelerated normally on a normal racing line and steering action like you were running in clean air and you ended up running right into me, effectively causing the collision as you had full control of your car at the time and I didn't. Your car is seen fully accelerating as normal out of T3 and not braking once nor turning away from the incident. You seem to blame me for causing a collision while you were the one who drove into me. But I'm not here to argue, these things happen in races sometimes, just letting my view be known.

Cheers.

- Johan

Last edited:

RichyB

Oct 16, 2017
I don't really know how or why I would intentionally hit you and take a huge risk of destroying both our races nor how that would benefit me.
First, I want to make clear that I never said you intentionally hit me, people can make mistakes.

And it looks like my spin started even before I touched the kerb or the grass so I was just trying to keep the car from spinning even before that.
I agree that your spin started because you probably had to much entry speed into the corner for the cold tyres. But unfortunately for me, you didn't succeed in regaining control of your car.

At that moment my car was going into a spin and I was of course doing everything I could to regain control of my car and hoping for no collisions while my car is moving diagonally towards the track and I can't stop the momentum of it.
It looks like (and you also said this) you started spinning even before you hit the kerb or the grass. Which means your momentum at that moment is actually away from the track.
To me it looks like at this point you were trying to both save the car and not losing valuable seconds or positions which indeed switched your momentum back towards the track, but also making your car uncontrollable. It is physically impossible to change the direction of your momentum like that while you are braking and having your steering at opposite lock.
The momentum change, spinning rear tyres and even an increase in speed make me think you did have your foot on the throttle.
From my view you should have first tried to regain full control of your car before rejoining the track.

As for my reaction, I saw a car losing control going off track. At that moment it is your responsibility to first regain control and then rejoin, which I expected you to do. And that is why I kept racing as normal. When you started spinning towards the track there was still more than enough room, but the momentum of your car just kept increasing and increasing and then I had nowhere to go.

I didn't want to go in this deep on this. But I feel like you're not being completely honest. Which triggers me quite a lot.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Safe to say we have enough info - Sent to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.