PS4 - F5 - Canada VSC Clarification | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 F5 - Canada VSC Clarification

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
Platform + League: PS4 F5 League
League Coordinator: @Bankai_Bullett
Date: 29th September 2019
Members Involved:
@SamGamerOfficial
Description: There were two VSCs during the race which I have included footage of them both as a comparison. The first one was fine (minus slight contact between the two cars ahead at T2) but I'm hoping for a bit of clarification on the second one, and really just the rules under the VSC.

The delta for the restart on the first one was 2 tenths, however the second one was much more after we seemed to be backed up. With the delta climbing, I thought we were going to start gaining speed at 1:31 in the video but then ended up braking again. We remained at this speed until Sam pretty much bolted at the final chicane as if it was a full Safety Car restart, the delta almost hitting 7 seconds at this point. Then the restart happened at T1 and the delta was at just over 5 seconds.

I'm not really sure what the rule is but I felt like 5 seconds was too much? One second I'd say is fine, maybe even 2 seconds max, but 5 seemed a bit unnecessarily slow? You can see the time lost too if you look at the gap to the car behind me. It started at about 7 seconds and then on the restart it was down to 3 seconds, which was actually to the car behind that one as the original one pitted. I'm sure there's a rule in real life F1 but no idea what it is exactly, but I recall Martin Brundle saying about how you can't back cars behind up. Closest thing I could find is the Hamilton Ricciardo incident at the Bahrain 2017 race where Hamilton got a 5 second penalty.

I'm not calling for Sam to get a penalty, I finished ahead and it wouldn't change my result, but just wanting some clarification really. In his defence, I'm not sure if he backed us up to avoid having a contact situation like in the first VSC. (see 0:54 in the video) That way we'd be driving at a speed that wouldn't be impeded by the delta time?
Maybe he also didn't expect the VSC to end so soon as the first VSC lasted a bit longer, so maybe a misjudgement on the gap he tried to create. Or maybe they were just backing up to speed away to try and create a gap to us haha.

I don't know, but in the end it potentially may have affected my race, as when I pitted for my second stop, I was behind the car ahead by 2.4 seconds. Without this time loss under the VSC, I would have came out ahead after pitting. Plus at the end of the race I finished just 5.7 seconds off 2nd. So there are ifs and buts but I digress. If the Stewards could clarify things, that would be much appreciated. Could be useful information for the future, as well as maybe a chance to set some sort of rule in place in the rules section too? Wouldn't be the first time I've helped create something for it haha. Thanks. =)

Evidence:
0:00 - First VSC for comparison.
0:54 - One of the potential reasons for the reduction in speed for the second VSC.
1:14 - Second VSC that's under question.
1:31 - Expectation of when a normal delta speed was going to be applied.

SamGamerOfficial

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2019
It was my mistake there, my delta was +5 seconds off when I saw it before the chicane and I didnt realise that, because I was to busy to cool my tyres down and hesitated to pit for fresh tyres, there was too much going on but before the final chicane I saw it and realised that I was way behind and that I backed off u and Cobra not intentionally. First time this sort of thing happenned to me for some reasons. I'm really sorry about that one. :(

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have looked over the footage and comments provided and felt that @SamGamerOfficial is fault here for excessively slowing down under the VSC. As the AOR rules dont mention anything about this yet, in this instance we will be giving @SamGamerOfficial a Warning for his actions. We would also like to inform @SolidNinjaSnake that we are going to include the unneccessairly slowing down under VSC in the AOR rules now, so more strict penalties may apply in future.

Closed. @Bankai_Bullett

Status
Not open for further replies.