Moved - F6 break testing while SaftyCar Ending | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved F6 break testing while SaftyCar Ending

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
Platform + League: PC F6
League Coordinator: @Mo#9991
Date: 05th April 2020
Members Involved: @Diallo
Description:
The leading car obviously reduced speed drastically just before the finish line, even though the SaftyCar had already entered the pits and most of the other drivers had resumed race pace which ends up in a rear-end collision.
I just want to know if I could have overtaken at this point without getting a penalty and if the braking manoeuvre was generally in accordance with the rules?
Evidence:

Falicsi

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 31, 2019
Unfortunately i haven't recorded the race. I didn't do this on porpuse, the game automatically slowed my car at that point.

37:49
You can see here that my car's back wasn't lighting red so i didn't use the brakes.
Also, as far as i know (at least in the official f1) the leader determines the speed / when does the race restart until the finish line, after the SC.

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
You can see here that my car's back wasn't lighting red so i didn't use the brakes.
Afaik the light at the back is to show the driver at the back that the front one is charging the battery system or not using it, right? It is not a brake indicator. I don't think there has ever been a brake light, right?

Falicsi

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 31, 2019
Afaik the light at the back is to show the driver at the back that the front one is charging the battery system or not using it, right? It is not a brake indicator. I don't think there has ever been a brake light, right?
Yes , that's true, but battery is charging when you break.

Diallo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 12, 2017
Also, as far as i know (at least in the official f1) the leader determines the speed / when does the race restart until the finish line, after the SC.
Afaik it is til the first SC line. But to be honest I don't know where the first sc line should be on this or any other track :D

Yes , that's true, but battery is charging when you break.
Yeah sounds valid. I have to keep an eye on that.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that no further action will be taken. The driver up front cannot be blamed for causing a collision, due to the fact he was held back by the game. And overtaking can only be done after the start/finish line, once the safety car has come in.

Closed.
@Diallo @Mo#9991

Status
Not open for further replies.