Moved - (F6) Didn't leave space and push me off track | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Moved (F6) Didn't leave space and push me off track

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobino12

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 5, 2016
Platform + League: PC F6 Formula 1 league
League Coordinator: @Mo#9991
Date: 2020-04-06
Members Involved: @Sam Penfold
Description:
Last lap of the race. Corner 4 Della Roggia. We went side by side in the left corner. It was my corner because I was on the inside and it is a left curve. I kept my line and left him space but he didn't leave enough space and i was pushed off track into the gravel trap and lose 3 places. I ended the race in 9th position instead of 7th. He didn't stop to relinquish the position.
Evidence: See the video from my car.

Sam Penfold

S18 AOR PC F12 Champion
Nov 28, 2017
Sorry, for some reason I missed this notification @Mo#9991

@Bobino12 You moved to a defensive line, I got ahead of you on the normal racing line and was ahead of you going into the chicane. You lost control on the curb, I certainly didn't push you into the gravel.

Bobino12

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 5, 2016
@Mo#9991 @Sam Penfold

If I have spun off the curb by myself, I wouldn't have asked for a Steward review. Is that all you found for your defence ? Where is your video ?

The situation is quite simple, It was the last lap of the race and you already had a 3 seconds penalty and you knew I had none. So, you tried anything to pass me at all cost, regardless of the consequences.

Sam Penfold

S18 AOR PC F12 Champion
Nov 28, 2017
@Mo#9991 @Sam Penfold

If I have spun off the curb by myself, I wouldn't have asked for a Steward review. Is that all you found for your defence ? Where is your video ?

The situation is quite simple, It was the last lap of the race and you already had a 3 seconds penalty and you knew I had none. So, you tried anything to pass me at all cost, regardless of the consequences.
Yes it is very simple. You can’t take those curbs like that without bouncing over them and losing control. I didn’t move to force you take to the curb, I was on the normal racing line. You were on a defensive line, I was ahead into the corner, I didn’t touch you or move off line to force you anywhere. It was your choice to try and hold the position by going off the track.
There is no need for another video, your POV shows exactly what happened.

Bobino12

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 5, 2016
That's what I thought, You're afraid to show your video and collaborate with the stewards.

Mo#9991

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 14, 2017
Right, no further discussion is needed. It's being discussed between the stewards now. They'll have their verdict in time. (y)

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the footage and have decided to award a 5-second time penalty and 5 penalty points to @Sam Penfold for causing a minor avoidable collision. There is clearly not enough room left on the first apex of the chicane, which triggers the spin - please try to leave more space for fellow racers in future.

Closed.

(@Mo#9991 @Sam Penfold @Bobino12)

Status
Not open for further replies.