XB1 - F6 - Germany - Taken out by Atul987 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 F6 - Germany - Taken out by Atul987

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
Platform + League: Xbox + F6
League Coordinator: @Joshua Germany
Date:
6 Jan 2019
Members Involved:
@Atul987
Description:

Coming into turn 3 on lap 26/34 I knew I was losing pace to @Atul987 but I don't go defensive. I stay wide and I give a tonne of room keep very much to the left.
@Atul987 takes the corner super cleanly, initially, leaving me plenty of space. He then appears to get over-steer and on correcting, he smacks into my car. This caused orange wing damage and necessitated an unplanned pit stop, not to mention the time lost turning the car around.

Additionally, @Atul987 made no effort to wait for me which he should have done given he caused the accident.

I was on for some points for the first time in a while and even if @Atul987 and @Joshua Germany got past, I was still in 9th with a decent gap behind that, until this incident happened. Gutted, when I did nothing wrong.

Evidence:

Think @Joshua Germany might have more evidence but said he couldn't upload till Thursday - hope this is enough.

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
On my screen I stayed straight coming out of the corner, and thought you hit me, thats why I didn't wait for you as I don't think I did anything wrong.

Here's my clip:

<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="640" height="365" style="max-width:100%" src=""></iframe>

Unfortunately I think this is down to lag, which is a huge shame as it ruined your race and cost you points.

Cinnamon Rage

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Mar 26, 2018
It does seem like lag but it's worth clarifying that it seems like YOUR lag. The driver behind said it looked like you turned into me on his screen as well (though I appreciate you didn't on your screen) and at the start of the race you were the only one with connection issue flags next to your name (you were also the only red driver in the pre-race lobby).

Just frustrated to lose out on (rare) points because of this.

Screenshot 2019-01-07 at 22.28.48.png

Atul987

Formula Karter
Nov 20, 2017
This is the only race i've lagged in this season, usually my connection is fine.

I do understand that its very frustrating for you as it does look like I turn in / lose it. But I didn't so its really unfortunate this happened.

Also think its a bit harsh to say my lag also took someone else out as I wasn't given any room and just turned in on.
Whatever the stewards decide I'll accept as no point arguing something I have 0 control over as my internet was bad just for the race.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and have decided to aware @Atul987 with a Lag Warning

@Atul987 please be mindful to others racing if your connection is not the best, moving forward you can perhaps look at ways to improve your connection such as having a wired connection rather than using WiFi

Closed

@Atul987 @Cinnamon Rage @Joshua Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.