• Don't Know

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

RobKite

AOR PS4 Ginetta GT5 S1 - Tier 2 Champion & F1 Cod
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
May 10, 2017
Season 16 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues has finished after 21 weeks of great, competitive racing. This means that it's finally time for Awards! Who is the cleanest driver? And who is the most underrated driver? Feel free to share your thoughts about Season 16 in this thread, using the template below. You don't have to do this, it's only for fun, but I'm sure we would all love to read your thoughts.

Best Qualifier

Best Racer

Most Consistent Driver

Who at the beginning of the Championship did you think would win this season?

Best Overtaker

Cleanest Driver

Unluckiest Driver

Most Underrated Driver

Most Improved Driver

Best Race Of The Season

Worst Race of the Season and why?

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
Best Qualifier
  1. TG Raikonnen (idk his AOR username)
  2. Me
  3. @Zuidema

Best Racer
  1. TG Raikonnen
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @Zuidema

Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Zuidema
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @REYLAP_93

1. Me (hope that doesn't come across too cocky, I just knew I'd dropped a fair amount of tiers so knew I'd be towards the top in terms of pace)
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @RobKite

Best Overtaker
  1. @Zuidema
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. TG Raikonnen

Cleanest Driver
  1. @JerseyMet
  2. @RobKite
  3. @Zuidema

Unluckiest Driver
  1. @RobKite
  2. @Elite_sultan (the man hasn't had a wheel half the season)
  3. TG Raikonnen (didn't join at the start so could never fight for the championship)

Most Underrated Driver
  1. @REYLAP_93
  2. @humbo
  3. @Oner Schumacher

Most Improved Driver
  1. @Zuidema (stronger and stronger as the season progressed)
  2. TG Raikonnen

Best Race Of The Season
  1. USA (no practice but got 2nd and was under pressure to maintain a gap behind for most of the race)
  2. Russia (seem to remember it being a pretty close race for the top 4 until long into the 2nd stint)
  3. Monaco (winning by 30 seconds is always nice)

1. Austria (wiped out in the first lap, managed to have a nice battle with @HunJackson [think it was him anyway] before being hit and then taken out completely by the same lap car. At one point was only a few seconds behind the leaders so felt like without this particular driver I could have won)
  2. Belgium (the ultimate bottlejob from myself)
  3. Japan (head was all over the place and resulted in a very poor race)

It's been a pleasure. I hope to race some of you in the future and hope I can rectify the discrepancy between my one-lap pace and race-pace and also to sort out my serial bottling issues. Bring on Season 17!

Reactions: XCI Dan

JerseyMet

S16 AOR PS4 F7 Champion
Jul 3, 2018
This season has been really really enjoyable with you guys. I'm really really happy with being able to take the championship this season! With this being my first and only league I've done and with my insanely busy schedule as a teacher keeping me from practicing much, I was honestly not expecting a lot coming into the season, maybe a top 5. Thank you fellas for the support and good racing all season. This league felt so close all the time.

Out of my own principle, even though in some cases I would like to put myself, I would prefer not to list myself in any of these (I'll leave that up to you guys to judge me! haha)

Best Qualifier
  1. @TheTubbyNinja
  2. @SterlingWest (TG Raikkonen)
  3. @Zuidema (so quick near the end of the season)
Best Racer (I'm assuming Best Racer means who was able move up the grid throughout the race the most and general race pace)
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @BloWnsmokOs (by pure stats, he moved up the grid, on average, the most positions out of all of us!)
  3. Late-season- @Zuidema
Most Consistent Driver
  1. @RobKite
  2. @REYLAP_93
  3. @Zuidema
Who at the beginning of the Championship did you think would win this season? (I knew almost nothing about anyone, so I guessed by the first two races)
  1. @RobKite
  2. @TheTubbyNinja
  3. @humbo (if he could make and attend races)
Best Overtaker
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @REYLAP_93
  3. @Jomppa91 (Jtx002)
Cleanest Driver
  1. @REYLAP_93
  2. @RobKite
  3. @SirMichael
Unluckiest Driver
  1. @humbo (because of his work schedule)
  2. @REYLAP_93 (for having solid pace but just missing out on podiums on so many occasions until the last race)
  3. @SirMichael (for getting caught up in so many incidents that he was a bystander in..)
Most Underrated Driver
  1. @REYLAP_93
  2. @humbo
  3. Start-of-season- @Tommytherod
Most Improved Driver
  1. @Zuidema (like two different drivers from start of season to end of season)
  2. @SterlingWest
  3. @REYLAP_93
Best Race Of The Season (personally)
  1. Britain (a great race all around for me. Pretty simple in that I took my first pole, got a great start, fought quickly and well through traffic after the pit stops, was very consistent, and kept cool when @humbo was slowly catching me in the closing laps)
  2. Austria (after the leaders got taken out, the ENTIRE race was a battle with @Zuidema where I had to keep him behind despite having a broken front wing. I still don't know to this day how I was able to fend him off for an entire race with him in my DRS but it was exciting to say the least)
  3. Belgium (This was a personal favorite in the fact that I was able to take away the win despite having spun out during the rain period of the race. I kept cool, did what I had to do, and fought my way back up the grid to the front with @SterlingWest. With completely dead tires I was able to get past on the second-to-last lap and take the win. I think I pissed of the beast in @SterlingWest from that point on because he became untouchable in the next bunch of races haha. So I apologize to everyone else in the league for provoking him!
BONUS 4. Japan (by far Japan was by far my worst circuit on the calendar and I literally just had the goal of finishing the race and maaaaybe getting top 6 or so. And after the social race we had the week before, I thought even that was going to be a stretch... So I dedicated myself to prepare as much as I could in as little time as I had and really prepared mentally to do my best. Because of my consistency, I was able to take away an unexpected podium which I was thrilled about!)

1. Italy (By far the lowest and most aggravating race in that I had solid pace, had a safe and comfortable podium going into the second to last lap right behind @Zuidema. Going around the Lesmos on lap 25/26 I took my mind out the present moment for probably only like half a second; half a second long enough to slide the car and crash away an important 3rd position. If it wouldn't had been for that crash, I would have had a chance to take the title in Brazil. Because of that, my mindset the rest of the season was to be present every lap, every corner. However, because of that, I also mentally backed off a bit and played conservative during the next bunch of Grand Prix during the races once I knew near the end of the season what I had to do to win the Championship. So a negative and a positive to take away I guess)
2. Spain (crashed out in Spain. But the aftermath was that it really taught me a lot about how I didn't prepare properly for races. I found out too late that my tires were overheating and I ended up spinning into the path of another car and DNFing from the race. Hard pill to swallow, but learned a lot)
3. Germany (I rushed back from flying for the holidays, frantically tried to get my PS4 connected, and got back literally JUST in time to race and missed qualifying. Just wanted to get some points and literally was out before the 2nd corner. A real letdown after trying so hard to get back in time)

Overall, this has been such a journey this season and I love the feeling of getting the "competitive juices" flowing. This eSport is just as much mental skill as it is physical reflexes and I love that! Good luck to everyone in Season 17!

Last edited:

XCI Dan

S17 AOR PS4 F5 Champion
Jul 24, 2018
Best Qualifier
  1. @TheTubbyNinja
  2. @humbo
  3. @JerseyMet (Maybe a bit inconsistent, but 2nd Most Pole Positions)

Best Racer
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @humbo

Most Consistent Driver
  1. @JerseyMet
  2. @RobKite
  3. @REYLAP_93

1. @JerseyMet
  2. @TheTubbyNinja
  3. @humbo (Based on his pace, not knowing he would miss so many races)

Best Overtaker
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @humbo
  3. @JerseyMet

Cleanest Driver
  1. @RobKite
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @Elite_sultan

Unluckiest Driver
  1. @SirMichael
  2. @Elite_sultan
  3. @Jomppa91

Most Underrated Driver
  1. @humbo
  2. @HunJackson
  3. @Oner Schumacher

Most Improved Driver
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @REYLAP_93
  3. @Hindsgavl40

Best Race Of The Season
  1. Germany: Had the most fun there. Most of the race battling other people and Winning from P13.
  2. Singapore: My best performance pace wise.
  3. Canada: My first ever win and really unexpected.

1. Australia and Baku because i both crashed out on my own like an idiot
  2. Hungary because i felt like i didnt have any pace at all there
  3. France: I still dont understand what really happened there. In the race it just felt like my tyres were too hot the whole time, not once could i take the fast right hander after the straights flat. At first i though i might have selected the wrong setup, but after rewatching my footage i saw i had the right setup. Ive done races with the same setup on that track and never had the same issue.

Reactions: TheTubbyNinja

REYLAP_93

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2014
Best Qualifier
  1. @TheTubbyNinja
  2. @Zuidema
  3. @humbo

Best Racer
  1. @JerseyMet
  2. @Zuidema
  3. @RobKite
Most Consistent Driver
  1. @Zuidema
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @RobKite
  1. @JerseyMet
  2. @RobKite
  3. @TheTubbyNinja
Best Overtaker
  1. @Zuidema (see Italian GP lol)
  2. @JerseyMet
  3. @TheTubbyNinja
Cleanest Driver
  1. @RobKite
  2. @BloWnsmokOs
  3. @Jomppa91
Unluckiest Driver
  1. @RobKite
  2. @ShaunG123
  3. @TheTubbyNinja
Most Underrated Driver
  1. @Jomppa91
  2. @SirMichael
  3. @ShaunG123
Most Improved Driver
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @Zuidema
  3. @SirMichael
Best Race Of The Season
  1. Belgium - Managed to keep it on the road in the rain and then went a long way on the softs - ended up P4
  2. Japan - Feel I drove really well in that race and only for 2 track extensions on the first lap would have got a podium
  3. Hungary - Last lap overtake to take P7 after starting P15
  1. China - although pace was good (lead through my first stint), I should have tried a 2 stop - also I spun off the final corner into the wall DNF'ing
  2. Britain - Spun twice with n a few laps at Copse
  3. Bahrain - DNF'd on the second lap

TheTubbyNinja

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 15, 2017
This season has been really really enjoyable with you guys. I'm really really happy with being able to take the championship this season! With this being my first and only league I've done and with my insanely busy schedule as a teacher keeping me from practicing much, I was honestly not expecting a lot coming into the season, maybe a top 5. Thank you fellas for the support and good racing all season. This league felt so close all the time.

Out of my own principle, even though in some cases I would like to put myself, I would prefer not to list myself in any of these (I'll leave that up to you guys to judge me! haha)

Best Qualifier
  1. @TheTubbyNinja
  2. @SterlingWest (TG Raikkonen)
  3. @Zuidema (so quick near the end of the season)
Best Racer (I'm assuming Best Racer means who was able move up the grid throughout the race the most and general race pace)
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @BloWnsmokOs (by pure stats, he moved up the grid, on average, the most positions out of all of us!)
  3. Late-season- @Zuidema
Most Consistent Driver
  1. @RobKite
  2. @REYLAP_93
  3. @Zuidema
Who at the beginning of the Championship did you think would win this season? (I knew almost nothing about anyone, so I guessed by the first two races)
  1. @RobKite
  2. @TheTubbyNinja
  3. @humbo (if he could make and attend races)
Best Overtaker
  1. @SterlingWest
  2. @REYLAP_93
  3. @Jomppa91 (Jtx002)
Cleanest Driver
  1. @REYLAP_93
  2. @RobKite
  3. @SirMichael
Unluckiest Driver
  1. @humbo (because of his work schedule)
  2. @REYLAP_93 (for having solid pace but just missing out on podiums on so many occasions until the last race)
  3. @SirMichael (for getting caught up in so many incidents that he was a bystander in..)
Most Underrated Driver
  1. @REYLAP_93
  2. @humbo
  3. Start-of-season- @Tommytherod
Most Improved Driver
  1. @Zuidema (like two different drivers from start of season to end of season)
  2. @SterlingWest
  3. @REYLAP_93
Best Race Of The Season (personally)
  1. Britain (a great race all around for me. Pretty simple in that I took my first pole, got a great start, fought quickly and well through traffic after the pit stops, was very consistent, and kept cool when @humbo was slowly catching me in the closing laps)
  2. Austria (after the leaders got taken out, the ENTIRE race was a battle with @Zuidema where I had to keep him behind despite having a broken front wing. I still don't know to this day how I was able to fend him off for an entire race with him in my DRS but it was exciting to say the least)
  3. Belgium (This was a personal favorite in the fact that I was able to take away the win despite having spun out during the rain period of the race. I kept cool, did what I had to do, and fought my way back up the grid to the front with @SterlingWest. With completely dead tires I was able to get past on the second-to-last lap and take the win. I think I pissed of the beast in @SterlingWest from that point on because he became untouchable in the next bunch of races haha. So I apologize to everyone else in the league for provoking him!
BONUS 4. Japan (by far Japan was by far my worst circuit on the calendar and I literally just had the goal of finishing the race and maaaaybe getting top 6 or so. And after the social race we had the week before, I thought even that was going to be a stretch... So I dedicated myself to prepare as much as I could in as little time as I had and really prepared mentally to do my best. Because of my consistency, I was able to take away an unexpected podium which I was thrilled about!)

1. Italy (By far the lowest and most aggravating race in that I had solid pace, had a safe and comfortable podium going into the second to last lap right behind @Zuidema. Going around the Lesmos on lap 25/26 I took my mind out the present moment for probably only like half a second; half a second long enough to slide the car and crash away an important 3rd position. If it wouldn't had been for that crash, I would have had a chance to take the title in Brazil. Because of that, my mindset the rest of the season was to be present every lap, every corner. However, because of that, I also mentally backed off a bit and played conservative during the next bunch of Grand Prix during the races once I knew near the end of the season what I had to do to win the Championship. So a negative and a positive to take away I guess)
2. Spain (crashed out in Spain. But the aftermath was that it really taught me a lot about how I didn't prepare properly for races. I found out too late that my tires were overheating and I ended up spinning into the path of another car and DNFing from the race. Hard pill to swallow, but learned a lot)
3. Germany (I rushed back from flying for the holidays, frantically tried to get my PS4 connected, and got back literally JUST in time to race and missed qualifying. Just wanted to get some points and literally was out before the 2nd corner. A real letdown after trying so hard to get back in time)

Overall, this has been such a journey this season and I love the feeling of getting the "competitive juices" flowing. This eSport is just as much mental skill as it is physical reflexes and I love that! Good luck to everyone in Season 17!
completely agree that this is in large part a mental game. You can be as fast as you like but if you can't stay 100% focused and calm for 100% of the race, it's not going to go well

SterlingWest

Junior Karter
Nov 6, 2018
Best Qualifier
  1. TheTubbyNinja
  2. Jerseymet
  3. Zuidema

Best Racer
  1. Zuidema
  2. JerseyMet
  3. Blown Smoke

Most Consistent Driver
1.Zuidema
2.RobKite
3. JerseyMet

I was not a part of this league at the beginning so I do not feel comfortable answering this question.

Best Overtaker
I was not really overtaken so I don't know lol

Cleanest Driver
  1. Zuidema
  2. Tubby
  3. Reylap

Unluckiest Driver
------

Most Underrated Driver
1. reylap

Most Improved Driver
----

Best Race Of The Season
  1. Italy - great quali and was going to win the race until I disconnected
  2. Canada - First league race, first race without TC and ABS, stalled at the start, made horrible strategy calls, and then survived the wet moving up to 8th place. Tons of fun
  3. Brazil - great battle with Zuidema all race

1. Italy - great quali and was going to win the race until I disconnected
  2. Singapore - Drove 20+ laps on the ultra soft and was in a great position, decided to pit as I wasn't going to catch the guy in front and the guy behind was 20+ seconds. I crashed on pit-in.
  3. Abu-Dhabi - spinning from the lead and crashing in the last sector of the last lap is not ideal