Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 10-12 at Catalunya National [17/07/14 - 8pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 10-12 at Catalunya National [17/07/14 - 8pm]

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014

AOR Ferrari Challenge Season 1
Rounds 10-12 - Catalunya National

Information:
• Date: 17th July 2014
• Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
• Lobby Host: McPhilen

Circuit:
• Track: Catalunya National Circuit
• Laps: 10 (x3)
• Start type: Double file rolling start (62mph/100kph)

Practice Times:
Post your fastest lap times from practice in this thread to be added to the leaderboard.

DRIVER STANDINGS (as of Round 9):
[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhyR0RMd0kwRzVkOWZZOEpNd1lPVWc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]

TEAM STANDINGS (as of Round 9):
[results="width:523px;height:445px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhyR0RMd0kwRzVkOWZZOEpNd1lPVWc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=71[/results]

Track Notes:
None.

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Not a big fan of this track to be honest seems like overtaking will be a bit of an art here which does bring interesting battles I guess. I've done a 20 flat, not sure how that compares but don't think I can go much faster to be honest.

On another note, can we cancel this on the grounds that it's too SH1TT1NG humid in England right now to do anything other than sit still in a pool of your own sweat.

Reactions: KurtJP35

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Haven't put much practice into this as I've been preoccupied but managed to get a few low 1:20s with 1:20.2 being my best. Not anticipating any great finishes here but Catalunya is one of my better tracks at least.

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
I also don't like this track as I can't get my gear selection right. Most corners I have to downshift halfway through causing the car to become unsettled. A 1:18.85 for me and I don't know if i'll go any faster.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
csej cannot make tonight, which means a spot is open for tonight Bruno. Make sure you have the reserve livery before you join tonight!

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
No, you need to use the reserve livery. It should be white and on McPhilen's storefront.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
Exhausted after getting no sleep last night, couldn't concentrate at all.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
[video=youtube;73Q7QHPcsv0]http://youtu.be/73Q7QHPcsv0[/video]

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Well cheers for the night guys. Lag was pretty horrendous in the first race, but luckily improved quite a bit in the last two. Surprisingly didn't get caught in any incidents tonight which I'm happy about, especially as I did witness quite a few. Didn't have the most exciting of races though, but achieved some solid results with 10th, 6th and 6th, mainly through consistency and capitalising on others' struggles.

Didn't find Catalunya particularly fun to drive on this game, so hopefully next week at Spa should be better in that respect!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Kerry pretty much sums it up there. Absolute joke. The lag was unbearable, caught up in incidents. Not great at all. The championship is a bit pointless as there's only really one guy going for it what with 2 of the 3 fastest guys having missed events and having lag incidents too. It's all a mess really.
Hopefully it's better next week. I don't really care about the championship, and it's been so since both Kerry and Jordan have had a whole load of points lost, so I'm just looking forward to good racing, and looking forward to the next championship.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
As soon as we went down to 12 in the last race it was like silk for me. Sick race the last one too once it had smoothed out.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Also sorry to JKay that I couldn't message you, the whole of Xbox Live died while we were mid-session so I wasn't able to access any of my friends or messages.. if this is truly the next generation of gaming I'm out.

oO Troggy Oo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
Lag was pretty horrendous until like Jordan said, we dropped to 12 people in the final race. Race 1 was pretty boring, nothing happened just came home in my qualifying position. Race 2, got an absolutely unbelievable start but someone hit the gravel at the chicane, and caused a million car pileup putting me at the back but I just managed to pick up a point at the end.

Race 3 was a lot better, got through the traffic quickly, me and Phil ahead until I made a mistake when he did at the chicane and dropped to 4th. I really reckon I had the potential for third, if not second if it wasn't for that. After the mistake I kept on making the odd mistake and came home a comfortable 4th. Nice to still have scored points in every round so far...a lot more consistant, just hoping for a better race night next Thursday.

I think for the next championship a limit of 12 seriously needs considered like we had on Forza 4 for the same reason.

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
Race three seemed like the best thing I have ever done ever after the previous two. Had good battles with Fisi and Relezy without laggy contact.

Batista Bruno

Rookie
Jul 12, 2014
Lag was incredible! First race i had to pit twice after being hit because of the lag and last race someone spun right in front of me and pretty much messed up my car so i had to head for the pits again. The only good race without incidents i had was the second. After starting in last i came out with a 7th place fighting with FisiFan.