Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 19-21 at Long Beach [07/08/14 - 8pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 19-21 at Long Beach [07/08/14 - 8pm]

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014

AOR Ferrari Challenge Season 1
Rounds 19-21 - Long Beach

Information:
• Date: 7th August 2014
• Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
• Lobby Host: McPhilen

Circuit:
• Track: Long Beach Full Circuit
• Laps: 10 (x3)
• Start type: Double file rolling start (62mph/100kph)

Practice Times:
Post your fastest lap times from practice in this thread to be added to the leaderboard.

DRIVER STANDINGS (as of Round 18):
[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhyR0RMd0kwRzVkOWZZOEpNd1lPVWc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]

TEAM STANDINGS (as of Round 18):
[results="width:523px;height:445px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhyR0RMd0kwRzVkOWZZOEpNd1lPVWc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=71[/results]

Track Notes:
None.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Really enjoyed Long B!tch last season in the RUF, so hopefully it'll be fun - if slightly too challenging - in the Ferrari as well!

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Sorry for the standings delay, they have been updated quickly and I'll add in all the times and fastest laps when I get home tonight. Kurt is out of the final two races and csej is out this week so I'm optimistic the connectivity should be decent this week and we can have a great event! :)

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Shame I wont make these races. I was actually really enjoying the low-mid battle for 8th too :(

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Bard is also out which means we may need to get some reserves in to make our 12 driver limit!

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
1:28.2 is my best but i'm really struggling in some of the breaking zones making my laps fairly inconsistent to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if I wreck at some point tonight.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
1:27.742, did a sick 10 lap run of no lower than a 28 flat. So I'll qualify with a 1:30 I guess.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
I actually had a sniff at getting a clean sweep of victories tonight which was completely surprising given the nature of the circuit! I just ran out of brakes when passing Alec for the lead and clipped the wall so had to settle for 3rd and I was pretty sloppy once I got into clean air to chase Phil down so ran out of laps. But snatching pole and taking charge of race 1 was more than enough to keep me happy for the rest of the night anyway! :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Race 1: Not much happened really. Drove along in 7th by myself for most of it.

Race 2: Had a clean first corner, but tapped Bruno slightly going around the fountain (sorry about that), which turned into damage when the rest of the field came steaming in from behind. Was driving along in 8th with a half-broken car until Phil decided the fountain was a parking area and I drove into him, making the tiny bit of driving skill I have with a pad insufficient, so I had a couple of spins and dropped to 10th.

Race 3: Started 2nd and annoyed with dropping 2 places on the first lap, but had a great battle with Relezy for most of the race, interrupted slightly by Kerry and Jordan coming through. I didn't finish as high as I maybe could have, but I felt like I drove a decent race, so I might actually consider uploading a Forza video for once. We'll see.

Cheers for the night guys - cya next week for the final!

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Standings updated! Congratulations to Robo on taking the title with a week in hand. For me, it's all about taking the fight to Sam for 4th so next week should be fun! :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
First Forza 5 league race I've uploaded - race 3 from yesterday!

[video=youtube;mvcnnfyhuMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcnnfyhuMw[/video]

Relezy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 31, 2014
Firstly Congrats Robo on the title!

All in all a stinker from me if I'm honest. Usually would have been mildly happy with these positions at any of the other tracks, but because i was 1.2s slower in practice than the pole time that set me up for higher standards.

To be fair though some of the battling was excellent, Race 1 was extremely quiet after over taking Alehud on the start. but fisi opened up a gap and i always felt like i was fighting a losing battle chasing fisi at this point. Alehud dropped too far behind to become a problem. So 8th it was.

Race 2 was a different matter extremely competitive but for all the wrong reasons. I think most of the field had damage because of an incident at the fountain, but never the less we carried on and I battled with Shuffle for 9th managing to keep him behind for most of the 11 laps (we both had brake, aero and suspension damage), until he got me into first corner on the last lap. good move by shuffle considering we didn't know which way our cars wanted to pull us under braking.

Race 3 was one to forget. started off really well with a good overtake for 2nd into the corner just before the double left on Fisi. really started to defend well, but soon after mcphilen was on my case and quickly schooled me for giving him too much space on the inside, up until the 7th lap when i see kptk overtaking fisi.

That's all i have to say. Once i saw that, i started to try to drive more aggressive and started thinking about what I was doing more, which in turn made me over think and over complicate which made mistake after mistake. ktpk and shuffle went past then fisi and then coming out the last corner on the last lap i was so annoyed at dropping back that far i just wheel spun and couldn't be bothered to take my finger of the throttle, sending me into hurricane Bertha and crawled across the line 10th after losing 4 places during that spin.

Thank you for reading my extremely long angry essay!

Reactions: Kez