Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 4-6 at Sebring [03/07/14 - 8pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 4-6 at Sebring [03/07/14 - 8pm]

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014

AOR Ferrari Challenge Season 1
Rounds 4-6 - Sebring

Information:
• Date: 3rd July 2014
• Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
• Lobby Host: McPhilen

Circuit:
• Track: Sebring Full Circuit
• Laps: 6 (x3)
• Start type: Double file rolling start (62mph/100kph)

Practice times:
Post your fastest lap times from practice in this thread to be added to the leaderboard.

1. Kptk92 - 2:15.803
2. McPhilen - 2:16.979
3. Alehud42 - 2:17.455
4. AOR KurtJP - 2:18.795
5. Relezy - 2:20.5xx

Championship standings (as of Round 3):
TBC.

Team standings (as of Round 3):
TBC.

Track notes:
None.

Relezy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 31, 2014
What times are you guys got?
I've just set a 2.20.5, but thats after a few laps and haven't been on this for a while.
Could have set a faster time, if i nailed a few corners i made mistakes on though.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
2:16.979 is my PB so far after 5 laps.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
2:15.803 there's about 3 or 4 tenths in that still so fully expecting this time to get smashed by the Sebring Expert

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
Did a 2:17.455 last Thursday after the race night, can't get close to it now.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
My best was a 2:19.224. I really struggle for pace around here and I can see this being a pretty disappointing afternoon of racing for me.

EDIT: Managed to get it down to a 2:18.795. Not sure if I have anymore than a couple of tenths extra in my though at this point.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Jordan is out of action indefinitely as his internet is down. I'm not able to move around the forum freely on my phone so if a reserve could let me know if they're available to take his spot tonight that would be fantastic!

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Also, could people add me as a friend before the race so that I can invite you all in. Now that I know I'm the permanent lobby host (at least for this series), it would make sense to do this.

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
I got one lap into the 1:17s but i'm only getting mid to low 1:18s. I hate this track.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Had a right blast tonight, cheers everyone for making it! All of the races were action packed and the only thing I can be annoyed about is my spin at Turn 17 during race 2 but I'm satisfied to have still come away with a 4th in that one. Race 3 was pretty exciting too! :)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Sorry for being a bit of a whiney cu*t in the first race and a half - as you might have realised I had a pretty frustrating first half to the night, with Race 1 being ruined by contact, and then going majorly off track twice in Race 2 due to the braking board being gone (sorry Kerry and Robo for not rejoining in the best way on the first occasion).

It got better for me after that though and I somehow ended up with 5th place in Race 2 despite the off-track excursions. In Race 3 I finally managed to avoid being hit and/or going wide, which led to a few more points with a decent 7th.

Cheers for the racing guys and cya next week!

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I just want to start off by apologising to Fisi for our first lap race incident. I was on the inside of the corner and I locked up badly so I tried to swerve left to avoid the 4 cars on the inside in front of me. Unfortunately this meant that I ended up hitting the back of Fisi on the outside and I am perfectly happy to take full blame for the incident. I did allow him back through but that didn't help sadly as the point positions were too far away at that point. I should have taken more care with my braking so sorry about that. Moving onto the races I actually got to compete in I am very happy with race 2 where I managed to take my first ever 1st place finish just 5 races into my Forza season. The fact it was a green team 1-2 just makes it so much sweeter too. The final race was a pretty average one where I managed to climb from my start position of 13th and climb to 8th before a huge incident happened behind me, pretty much gifting me 8th at that point. A generally good day and despite a disapointing race 1 I am ecstatic with our 1-2 green team victory on race 2.

Reactions: FisiFan91

oO Troggy Oo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
In terms of points, I think that may actually be my best ever haul in an event, but it didn't feel too good. Really should have been more aggressive in Race 2 as the win was there for the taking, could have had second place but bottled it on the last lap. All in all a solid and clean event. 6 points finished in a row so far, can't complain about that!

Relezy

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 31, 2014
Great racing, my first event in this tournament after missing the first. Race 1 was a boring one for my finished 11th. Race 2 was a good one for me after starting 3rd and holding 4th throughout most the race but lost 2 places to kerry and fisi on the last lap and the 3rd race was good considering i finished 9th with damage to driveline and brakes.

Bring on the Nurburgring! Cheers guys.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
Q: 5th, could go half a sec quicker, but messed up on T17 penultimate lap.

R1: Dropped one place to Troggy at the start, capitalised on his bad T17 on lap 2 to duel him up to the hairpin and win. He then brakes late into the right-hander afterwards which game both of us (?) damage, critically mine was mainly engine so I became a sitting duck to both him and Wil. Held on 7th.

R2: Made an overly aggressive start to try and jump some of the guys in front, got sandwiched between someone and Rickey, backed out of it but causing Robo to hit the back and take damage. Got past Sam after reluctantly braking late into T13 and tried to divebomb up the damaged Phil into T17, clipped the inside wall and had to pit. Phil had to pit later on for an unrelated incident. We battled until we ran up to Csej, where we were 3 wide into T1 on the last lap, I held off the both of them but Csej failed to brake into the hairpin, taking me out and losing me the 2 points I had up to that point.

R3: Started 2nd, could've got close to Sam but as soon as Robo and Kerry had got past there was no way.

All in all, it was another pretty crappy night. The 4th was OK.

Buddha702

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 1, 2014
Races were action packed tonight, and I got into the points! On race 2 at the end of lap 5 I believe, one of the whites (I'm,not sure who) had an incident with the wall on the exit of the last turn and was sideways on the start of the start/finish straight, I was passing you on the right as there was not enough room on the left and I was expecting you to stay still until I completely passed you but you decided to start driving and t-boned me causing me to lose 2 positions. I have no footage of the incident unfortunately as at the time I completely forgot about the xbox record that function, but next time please be more aware and cautious of other drivers when rejoining the race. Also lagged killed me on race 3 so I ended up in 12th but obviously there is nothing you can do about that. Anyway apart from all that it was an exceptionaly good night for me, thanks all and will see you next week! :)