Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 7-9 at Nurburgring [10/07/14 - 8pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Ferrari Challenge - Rounds 7-9 at Nurburgring [10/07/14 - 8pm]

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014

AOR Ferrari Challenge Season 1
Rounds 7-9 - Nurburgring

Information:
• Date: 10th July 2014
• Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
• Lobby Host: McPhilen

Circuit:
• Track: Nurburgring GP Circuit
• Laps: 6 (x3)
• Start type: Double file rolling start (62mph/100kph)

Practice Times:
Post your fastest lap times from practice in this thread to be added to the leaderboard.

1. Kptk92 - 2:11.728
2. RickeeyC - 2:13.700

DRIVER STANDINGS (as of Round 6):
[results="width:523px;height:370px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhyR0RMd0kwRzVkOWZZOEpNd1lPVWc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=70[/results]

TEAM STANDINGS (as of Round 6):
[results="width:523px;height:445px"]key=0Ap3ss7a8PZl2dGhyR0RMd0kwRzVkOWZZOEpNd1lPVWc&u ange=B2%3AK18&chrome=false&single=true&gid=71[/results]

Track Notes:
• Track extending at Turn 4 to gain an advantage during the races will be penalised accordingly.

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
A kind reminder to anyone who cannot attend to please let me know at the earliest point possible so I can arrange for a reserve to cover you. I have got a list of people with strikes on already and I'd like to not add to that as the season progresses.

Best practice time so far 2:11.728

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Really enjoyed the Sebring race despite the lag incident at the end and hoping to have more battles here at a track I know and love. Looking to get some good practice in before Thursday to see if I can lower this +2s a lap deficit to the front runners, but right now I think I've got a 2:13.700 which is surprise surprise 2 seconds off Kerry and it felt like a good lap which is really frustrating to be quite honest.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Sadly I won't be able to race tonight. Heading out to our 'family summer house' where I don't have my Xbox - thought we wouldn't be leaving till the weekend, but turns out we're leaving, well, right now. Shame as I really wanted to do Nurburgring, but I hope you guys have a good event regardless and hopefully I'll be back for next week :)

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
1:12.627. I can tell some of my lines aren't and I don't think I will be able to into the lower 1:12s.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Just a quick update, there's an update for Xbox so make sure you have it downloaded before the event starts. It doesn't actually take that long at all (probably 5 mins tops depending on internet), but there's no need to risk it.

TRL Limitless

Somehow Still Not AOR F1 Champion
Jan 13, 2014
Unfortunately I'm going to pull out of this guys.

Had some good battles, but I don't think there has been one race yet where I haven't been completely taken out. Might be me being nooby at the game as I hardly play it + some lag perhaps, but doing my best to be clean and I just always get completed wiped out with damage every race pretty much.... So I'll open up a spot for someone else! Did enjoy the battles though, but I'll stick to the F1 leagues :razz:

Kez

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Well. Season has fallen apart pretty quickly for me. I want five perfect weeks from now on.

Alehud42

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Mar 24, 2014
Well, that's me giving up this season points-wise. I got very severe lag from race 2 onwards (to the point where it said 'Weak Connection') for no apparent reason which compromised performance and caused a pretty bad collision with Realezy in R2 to turn into a nuclear explosion.
Qualified about as well as expected, R1 I got stuck on the outside of T1 by Bard which left me at the back, made my way up to 7th but became complacent and lost a place on the final corner as I overshot the chicane.
Race 2 I was stuck in the middle of the pack, with cars flying everywhere. Into T5 I had no clue I was 3 wide, I could only see Troggy behind me.
Race 3 was meh, I couldn't really do anything because of lag.

This car just isn't suited to me at all.

oO Troggy Oo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 16, 2014
What a night. Wasn't on the ball pace wise but some decent clean driving managed to get me some great results despite being a long way off the pace. I seemed to be very close to Rickey all along and had a couple of battles along the way. Very pleased to have taken 2nd in Race 3 with it coming from no where! 5th, 6th and 2nd is fantastic getting 30 points, my best race night on Forza 5! Did not expect that after 9th in qualifying! :D

SamRacing

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 10, 2014
Lag, lag, overly aggressive defending and a bit more lag but results wise, I couldn't of asked for much better.

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I may have caused a couple of incidents (which I gave the positions back as necessary) but I felt I was the victim of a lot of over aggressive driving today. There was a few moments where I didn't feel I was given adequate space and people just pushed me off the track or , in one occasion, squashed me between two cars and broke my brakes. Not a fantastic session but I managed to pick up points in all 3 races at least.

RickeeyC

Formula 3 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Really fun race night again, loving how much more challenging the cars are compared to F1 and the Ferrari is suited to my driving style well.

R1. Lost a position at the start but with Kerry getting lag I made the position back up to finish 4th behind Sam who I was catching towards the end thought he had some kind of problem but couldn't capitalize. On the whole a pretty inconspicuous race but a god haul of points.
R2. Tried to stay away from the confusion at the start but got caught out by both yellow cars spinning and put me at the back. Drove consistently back to 7th which is good.
R3. Had a bad start from 4th to 7th and preceeded to do a nice move around the outside of Kerry into the hairpin and then some good battling for the rest of the lap. After that I stayed behind Troggy who I seemed to have similar pace with and maybe a little better but I couldn't get past and finished a great 3rd.

It seems like I need to be a lot more aggressive as I got pushed around on the first lap of race 1 which caused me to get in other drivers way and lose a lot of time. Pleased to be where I am considering I don't really use the Xbox One or Forza so I'm chuffed to get 27 points and a podium.

xxkrypto

F1 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well I didn't race good at all. Lost a potential 2nd in race two and a potential 4th in race three because of sticking it in the same barrier, even though I'm annoyed at myself for that, I had some good battles then and and again. A night to forget for me.

wilDtub

Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2014
Maybe it's my memory but I'm not sure on race two that I spun and took anyone out? I think the orange and yellow cars looked so similar on that track, which may confuse a little finger pointing? The car seems to suit me much better than the RUF did, enjoying the series alot.

wilDtub

Pro Karter
Mar 25, 2014
RickeeyC;n58297 said:
Tried to stay away from the confusion at the start but got caught out by both yellow cars spinning and put me at the back
I just checked on the relay, I wasn't involved.