PC - Filler league - Feedback/Suggestions Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Filler league - Feedback/Suggestions Thread

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Little bit late with this one, but we would like to know your thoughts about the Touring Car league. What did you like, what didn't you like? The next filler league will not be a touring car league, so please let us know what car(s)/tracks you would like to see for the next filler league which will be held between S10 and S11 of the GT3 leagues. Keep in mind that it's a relative small league with a similar amount of rounds as the TC league. Also tell us if you have any thoughts about the format (2 races a night, reverse grid, points system etc.)

Currently we're thinking about historic/classic cars (90's DTM, vintage TC) combined with historic tracks, so basically a historic season. Interest for that?

Everything is still open for discussion, but we would prefer to use relatively slow cars to keep the close racing that the Ginetta and TC league provided.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
@TicklishPicklewickle @Udgaard @RAINB0W @Flicony @chabas @Toasty @dr_green @S4Howie @eaZed neptune @pcghx_busch @Campo675 @Marvin @Argon @tRIP.. @tpmasta @Frihman@DaWu @Pirate @poisike78 @joeriiseenbelg @Spudbuster7 @Evangelist @Astrit Arsllani @Col101 @Vrooms @Nommie @StormENT @chasegaminguk @WhiteGhost2000 @TheGamingFez @GIXXERosg @OhDarn @rciq @Mattster @Tudesertpac @TM Touring @Zenny @Adalexis @Ironik @Oblit0r @Veloce_Primero @Gosku @mikeself @Lindholdt @VSR Noah @AndrexUK @MADDOG @Vincitor@ScottV @John_Beauregard @F4H MaR4uDer @rillo7105 @jaycoool @PhantomHamster @Beau @Clank24401 @borates@Rickybrosh @ShaggyDan @Mr. Van Ommen @LeoNTheSickOne @Mr. Van Ommen @Shooter80 @fireflaai

@Archil @Big-Kid-Daddy @DeuxMilles @FN-LEW187 @FortunaMEJG @igor55 @iPro x Owen @jake_lfc01 @Jarryd Vermeulen @manbearpig @Martynvr @Mhill @Phoenix_ @Slicker @TRL Cage@The_Kaiser-MSc @A.O.R Evildragon @AOR Davidben @danjbirch @ESS_AYCH @Golzy @Jimski78 @lassebrunsgaard @MattDarvs @Matthew010383 @MrKaczalski @NICK-NITRO @noahreuvers @Prehn @SCHWANTZ3493 @Wimstradamus @YabbaTheHutt @AOR Gizmo @biba99 @Camo_C @Dennis_Meisner @DrewTheGreat323 @Fabio_dubai @GremPT @iej76 @Jamie Brooks @luckynumber72 @Michel--NL @MrRobinhx @RacingAtHome @That Fozzy Fella @Xiee

@TRL Wolf @Murph @King Chip x @thelivingdead69 @Jondigweed @D-tox @hrtwiethoknl @Dalingo @Sten2930 @JordanMcGonigal @Dazza1976 @David Simon @TM aidtheace @THR m0o0o7 @CrissyMiller @SmokingPuppy841 @Dizzyhaskell11 @Toshey @TrickiestCOL @Milogamer1986 @Abr ninja 18 @T6 BULLET @StripclubDJTJ @EVR Matt212 @Scaramanga @Mack @THE NEMESIS 69 @MJB RoAdRuNner @TchoukMaster22 @Curry61

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Hey,
I didn't like the full reverse grid. It would be better to do like real life TC, IMO.

I'd prefer old DTM and, of course, V8SC.

Reactions: Toasty

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
For me the league was really nice done and handled very well. The racing was close, was intense and most important was really fun.

I really liked the idea of no setups, just run with the default setups as I feel that made the racing better as everyone was on the same level with the cars, it was the driving that made the difference.

Keeping the cars slow will only help maintain the good league we had with the TC cars. For me there was really nothing you could improve as the PS4 elite league was really fun. Great bunch of guys so I have no real issues on my side.

I quite fancy a league with historical cars but then we do historical race tracks and keep the format the same as it was in TC league. Maybe bring the main race down by 5 minutes and keep the race as Sprint race 20min and main 35min.

Reactions: Toasty and Golzy

Golzy

Formula 3 Test Driver
Nov 20, 2017
I like the touring cars, even though 90% of people chose the megane. The pace of the cars was good enough.

I would have a look at different tracks though. Watkins glen wasnt the best choice with walls and it being the 1st race. Just my opinion. Was a good track though.

I liked the default setups kept everyone one even.

Im not sure about the reverse grids with rolling starts, the first corner was always pretty much a disaster. Dont know what could be done about it though. May have been 1st season teething troubles. Maybe do like F2 does top 8 reverse grid but with bottom 8 reverse grid as well?

Reactions: Ironik

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
All historic things are lovely for me. Group A, even vintage formula or gts. Reverse grid was a bit dangerous at the end.
Raced a bit on Group A and some vintages like jags, daytonas, porsches and there is a big problem of BOP, too bad.

chabas

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Dec 22, 2017
Open wheels would be great. I would like to see wider tracks so overtaking won’t be that dangerous and more fun I think.

We don’t like reverse grid but on the other hand that made the whole serie so close at the end.

Maybe rallycros? ? but this would need much more coordination I think.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
The touring cars was all good apart from no qualifying and to many night races, the touring cars opener was in the dark which seemed an odd choice, for me with such close lap times, qualifying is a must so it gives everyone a fair crack at starting from pole position.
Seemed to easy for champ leader to stay ahead with advantage.

Cars, yeah DTM mentioned, Ginetta is good , maybe GT4 Ginetta

ScottV

PC GT3 S9 Pro Champion
Feb 8, 2018
I think the historic route is a great idea using the old DTM’s. Use the old historic hockenhiem and others like Monza which don’t get used often! Thumbs up for that.

Just an idea putting it out there how about WRX cars but on racing circuits? Something different and not seen before as a small league, could possible do joker laps too for example monza skip the first chicane? That will really mix up the field and take interesting strategies instead of the usual pitting or reverse grid?

What your thoughts on that guys?

Reactions: Ironik

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Just a warning to all you guys on PC most of the Historic tracks have limits on capacity:
Hockenhiemring: 30
Monza: 22
Spa: 18
Silverstone: 18

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I would personally want to see a league featuring modern cars.
Maybe a GTE Sprint League.
I want their to be qualifying at each round and remove reverse grids.
An alternative could be LMP3 or a Radical spec league.

This might work:
4 round GTE Championship.
Each round featuring 1 1 hour race.
At each round you must use a different car.
Challenges you to have a bit of variety and means @AndrexUK has to get out of a BMW for once.

I'm not a big fan of most of the Historic cars in-game and find them not as fun as others.Particularly Vintage TC I have no interest in.If Historic maybe something slightly newer like Group C,GTO or GT1?

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Always championed the slower cars = most fun to race in.
Tend to be easy to drive, so everyone can do well! And not that fast that any huge gaps are created.

I don't think the Formula cars would work that well imo, as they are always fragile machines, and generally harder to drive.

90's DTM get my vote, as long as we can find a balance of cars to use, or make it simple with a single make series. (There's a nice BMW @SmokingPuppy841 !)
Anything faster than those, and the gaps get bigger.
Single make GT4 class (There's a BMW in there too @SmokingPuppy841 :) )

I really liked the reverse grid, but perhaps reduce the race time of the 2nd race, so that the fast guys don't quite get through to the front, so the 'slow' guys can hold on to some nice points and mix it up in the championship.

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I would have suggested vintage cars. So great idea.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
The problem with totally reversed grid + small number of tier is that the gap in speed is, sometimes, huge already.
Racing against much slower driver is very dangerous and is a recipe for a bad race, in my opinion.

During the TC championship, i missed a race and had to start from the back : that was nightmare and not really fun.

By the way, the gt4 are not balanced. Porsche is (was?) dominating.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
GT4 is very not balanced, but it's the Ginetta that is OP (then followed by the Porsche)
But running a single make car (rather than the full class) would still be a good option.

I don't really see the reverse grid being dangerous tbh - it's up to the passing car to make the move - so if there is contact - it's mostly the faster car's fault, and they are most likely not being patient enough.
But happy to go with the majority, either way.

• Agree
Reactions: StormENT and Marvin

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
I don't really see the reverse grid being dangerous tbh - it's up to the passing car to make the move - so if there is contact - it's mostly the faster car's fault, and they are most likely not being patient enough.
But happy to go with the majority, either way.
Yeah, that's because you had your share of chance ;)
When someone is braking 100m before you, I can assure you that's dangerous. ^^
That plus rushing fast drivers through a field of panicked slower drivers. I witnessed many "in a hurry" guys in the TC league.
I think I roughly know how to drive more or less properly in pack, so yeah, please don't throw me that line @AndrexUK. ;)
That's my opinion, from my experience in the TC league, starting from the back and driving with slower drivers.

Anyway, I don't really care. I'll be in either way I guess. :D

EDIT : I really like the challenge of a reverse grid though, that's why a reverse grid like in Touring car or like @Golzy said could be a better solution :

Maybe do like F2 does top 8 reverse grid but with bottom 8 reverse grid as well?

Last edited: