Football chat | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Football chat

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Image result for colchester vs tottenham score
Well thanks for the laugh last night Tottenham, yeah why bother trying to win your first trophy in over 10 years.

• Funny
Reactions: frandythomsen

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Image result for colchester vs tottenham score
Well thanks for the laugh last night Tottenham, yeah why bother trying to win your first trophy in over 10 years.
West Ham: Hold my beer
Image result for oxford united vs west ham

Man Utd also tried there best to top Tottenham's result but they won on pens against Rochdale, and the lights went out on Bournemouth literally as the floodlights at Burton went off 3 times in the second half as they lost 2 - 0 to the 3rd tier side.

Anyway heres the 4th round draw:
Image result for league cup draw
Quite a surprising fact with 11 PL sides there was 5 all PL ties with the 3 standout ties being Chelsea - Man Utd, Liverpool - Arsenal & a derby with Aston Villa v Wolves.
But Burton v Leicester is the only tie that could have a legitmate upset, it is worth pointing out though that their will definitely be a League 1 & 2 team in the last 8 so a potential big payday is in sight for them for whoever progresses.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
West Ham: Hold my beer
Image result for oxford united vs west ham

Man Utd also tried there best to top Tottenham's result but they won on pens against Rochdale, and the lights went out on Bournemouth literally as the floodlights at Burton went off 3 times in the second half as they lost 2 - 0 to the 3rd tier side.

Anyway heres the 4th round draw:
Image result for league cup draw
Quite a surprising fact with 11 PL sides there was 5 all PL ties with the 3 standout ties being Chelsea - Man Utd, Liverpool - Arsenal & a derby with Aston Villa v Wolves.
But Burton v Leicester is the only tie that could have a legitmate upset, it is worth pointing out though that their will definitely be a League 1 & 2 team in the last 8 so a potential big payday is in sight for them for whoever progresses.
We will lose in the quarter finals against man city on penalties for the 3rd year in a row

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
And football fans think Arsenal are Banter FC, Tottenham of late clearly trying their best to take that crown it seems:
Image result for tottenham vs bayern score
Anyone want to create THFan TV - at the rate of Tottenham's decline we would be youtube millionaires by the end of this season.

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Dirty thieving greasy bin dipping *****. Hope they never ever win the league lol

ClassicDelta

GP2 1st Driver
Aug 30, 2018
You don't want to qualify for the Europa League they said. Too many games they said. Thursday nights and Sundays they said.
3rd October: Besiktas 0 - 1 Wolves
6th October: Manchester City 0 - 2 Wolves

adama coady.jpg

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So after another break for international action, which saw England lose a qualifier for the first time in 10 years but then trounce Bulgaria 6 - 0 with unfortunately racism being the biggest talking point of that match rather then the great England performance.

Anyway domestic football returns this weekend with the highlight being Man Utd v Liverpool tomorrow, not only are Man U missing De Gea and Pogba for that massive game and going through one of the worst starts in there recent history but after reading this:

It probably looks like to their fans - Ed Woodward is basically saying this to them:
Image result for this is fine gif

:ROFLMAO:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
So heading into the international break Liverpool with a massive win over Man City to have a 8 point lead at the top, Chelsea & Leicester also maintaining there good form meaning the top 4 have pulled a gap over the rest of the European chasing bunch - led by Sheffield Utd...o_O

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Amazing how quick things can change, Pochettino leads Tottenham incredibly to a UCL final 6 months ago and got the chop only a few days ago, and the Tottenham board didn't wait long as Mourinho was announced as there new managed just 12 hours later, its pretty shocking and the timeline of events leaves people with no doubt this was clearly planned well in advance by the Tottenham board.

It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho gets on, as for Pochettino I imagine it won't be long before he's made manager of a proper big club.

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Amazing how quick things can change, Pochettino leads Tottenham incredibly to a UCL final 6 months ago and got the chop only a few days ago, and the Tottenham board didn't wait long as Mourinho was announced as there new managed just 12 hours later, its pretty shocking and the timeline of events leaves people with no doubt this was clearly planned well in advance by the Tottenham board.

It'll be interesting to see how Mourinho gets on, as for Pochettino I imagine it won't be long before he's made manager of a proper big club.
Don't tell me you've got your head in the sand over football as well as F1. FFS.

• What?
Reactions: Wobbuffet

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Don't tell me you've got your head in the sand over football as well as F1. FFS.
What are you on about, so what do you disagree with me on - That Pochettino overall didn't perform a miracle at Tottenham or that Tottenham aren't a big club?

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Definitely the second one.
You seriously think Tottenham are a big club!:ROFLMAO:

My opinion on who classify as big clubs in this day and age, you have the classic big 3 of Arsenal, Liverpool & Man Utd.
Now some people would argue that Chelsea & Man City apply to that group, Chelsea could have more legitimate claims but have only being dining consistently at the top table for trophies for the last 15 years (since Abramovich took them over), there fans could argue they have built there history in that period, but I'll be very interested to see what will happen once Abramovich sells up and if a return to obscurity follows.
Man City had some decent history before they had there takeover, but the past 10 years have seen them truly return to prominence, but for me they need another 10 years at the top to have legit claims that there a 'big club'.

As for Tottenham there clearly a level below those mentioned above, as in the last 30 years they've won just 1 FA Cup & 2 League Cups and spent around 20 of those years finishing in mid-table obscurity, not only are they the epitome of being 'bottlejobs' in this day and age, also they somehow managed to finish 3rd in a 2 horse race only a few years ago.
Hell I've even had the joy of witnessing in the past, the Tottenham fans at white hart lane throwing there season tickets on the pitch en masse at the final game of the season.:LOL:

And even if you want to go to the extreme of entire club history, then my team who are a small club in the grand scheme of things and have punched well above there weight, have won more league titles then Tottenham and almost as many FA Cups as them.
So to summarise are Tottenham a big club - nowhere near.

Last edited:

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
FA Cup 3rd round draw:

The Merseyside derby is obviously the headline of this draw, but how times have changed in the past most fans thought the draw was rigged in Man Utd's favour in the early rounds, but these days that accusation is pointed at the other club in Manchester.:LOL: