Forced Retirement Announcement | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Forced Retirement Announcement

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Hello everyone. As you can tell, I can no longer race on F1 2014. So, I was just casually sweating on Spa when my game froze. This has happened a few times before, and I have just reset the console. Although, after I reset it this time the xbox wouldn't read disks. I've looked through the Web and I need to send the console off to Microsoft. And, seeing as my warranty is out, they won't refund me for shipping it to them or for the fix itself. I do not want to pay to have this fixed just to play a joke of a game, especially when I have an Xbox One now. So, unfortunately I have been forced to retire. Thank you for the awesome racing and memories. I'll see you all on F1 2015. I've been FlameDragon, thanks for listening.

Azcassin

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 16, 2014
Hope to see you around on the Xbone when I get it.

Jay

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 14, 2014
Hello everyone. As you can tell, I can no longer race on F1 2014. So, I was just casually sweating on Spa when my game froze. This has happened a few times before, and I have just reset the console. Although, after I reset it this time the xbox wouldn't read disks. I've looked through the Web and I need to send the console off to Microsoft. And, seeing as my warranty is out, they won't refund me for shipping it to them or for the fix itself. I do not want to pay to have this fixed just to play a joke of a game, especially when I have an Xbox One now. So, unfortunately I have been forced to retire. Thank you for the awesome racing and memories. I'll see you all on F1 2015. I've been FlameDragon, thanks for listening.
You have tried opening the console and defluffing it? I say this as I picked one up on Fleabay for £20 for spares or not working - wouldn't read discs, RRoD etc. opened it, applied a hoover and it has been as right as rain ever since except for a slightly sticky drive mech that needs a prod in the hole if you shut it with no disc in! Microsoft don't have to do the repair and it can be done at a backstreet console shop if it is infact the drive laser that has given up, probably for £20.

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
You have tried opening the console and defluffing it? I say this as I picked one up on Fleabay for £20 for spares or not working - wouldn't read discs, RRoD etc. opened it, applied a hoover and it has been as right as rain ever since except for a slightly sticky drive mech that needs a prod in the hole if you shut it with no disc in! Microsoft don't have to do the repair and it can be done at a backstreet console shop if it is infact the drive laser that has given up, probably for £20.
Defluffed it already, haha. Even though I'm pissed that I can't race here anymore I don't want to waste my time fixing a console to play a sub-par game for just a few more months. Be forced to quit while you're ahead I say [emoji14]