PC - Formula 2 incident | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Formula 2 incident

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudor900

S18 AOR PC F7 Champion
Jun 23, 2018
Platform + League: PC Formula 2
League Coordinator: @Thompson + @HaiCo
Date:
Members Involved:
@Tudor900 , @Skatie , @HaiCo , @Erzkbl9
Description:
In the feature race, lap 1, turn 2, me, skatie, haico and erzkbl went 4-wide. Going in the breaking zone skatie decided to close the door on me while we were side by side. This caused me to crash into erzkbl and haico. All 4 of us got front wing damage. Me and erzkbl had the most and we were compromised for all the race because we had to switch to the 2-stop strategy.
Evidence:
timestamp
: 11:31

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
My pov has already been posted above. Nothing else to add.

Erzkbl9

S3 AOR PC F2 Sprint Champion
Feb 1, 2018
nothing else to add, tried to give haico some space on the outside and skatie turned in too much.

Tudor900

S18 AOR PC F7 Champion
Jun 23, 2018
Capture1.PNG

This is the first second from the livestream where i am alongside you skatie.
Capture2.PNG

This image is the one right before the accident.

The pitlane exit line is straight. If you look at both images, you can see that yourself, skatie, not turning aggressively at once, you see yourself turning very slightly, constantly, which results in you squeezing me into erzkbl. You had all the space at yourself for the inside line for the next corner. You didn't have to squeeze me anywhere.

HaiCo

Moderator & PC F1 League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Waiting for your footage @Skatie

Skatie

S17 AOR PC F3 Champion
Jul 31, 2017

I was driving pretty much straight, obviously the natural thing to do is to enter the braking zone as far to the left as possible.
If @Tudor900 were to post his POV you would see that the gap he was going for was closing well before he stuck his nose in.
2020-01-20.png

As you can see, a few meters before the braking zone @Tudor900 his arrow was still white.
I left enough space on my outside for 2 cars (2 red arrows), @Tudor900 making it 4 wide was just never going to work.

Sorry for the late reply.

Tudor900

S18 AOR PC F7 Champion
Jun 23, 2018
Unfortunately i dont have my pov, knowing that the race is stream i didnt thought of recording it.

Regarding the gap. The screenshot that @Skatie posted, in the exact second of the clip you can also see 1 arrow that was flashing. We are racing online. The cars will never be at the exact same position on everyone's screen. Especially knowing the fact that F1 2019's netcode is not perfect, you need to more careful when battling. @Skatie knew i was comming. I had the slipsteam. He could see the arrow moving from behind him to his side. Even though the arrow was not red i was still there, my front wing was alongside his rear right tire. The slightest touch between his rear tires and my front wing was going to result in a crash anyway, let alone having my front tires along side his rear tires.

What I'm trying to say is that you pay more attention to racing when online. You have to be aware of you surroundings. If you are not sure 100% about the position of the other cars, why risk a crash. It was the first lap anyway. I went for that gap because of my overspeed and because there was a gap when i pulled away from his slipstream.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and have decided to issue @Skatie a 20 second time penalty and 15 penalty points for a major avoidable collision.

The evidence clear shows that Skatie drifted to the left, straight into the pack of cars. It was a relatively small move, but considering the small distance between the cars it was enough to create a grand collision.

The argument that @Tudor900 dangerously made it four wide is valid and we would strongly encourage this to be avoided in future races. If this crash occurred in the corner then this would probably acquit Skatie from fault - however this was not the case. The crash occurred before the corner and was ultimately due to the move to the left.

Closed. @Thompson @HaiCo @Erzkbl9

Status
Not open for further replies.