Formula Leagues - Season 2 Update [Coordinators Needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Bywater

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2014
What is occurring here?

Anything on PC, are FR3.5s going to be used? They seem to be fun.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What is occurring here?

Anything on PC, are FR3.5s going to be used? They seem to be fun.
I suppose if the interest is still here then something could get going but it just needs the interest to make it worth while setting up.

I will speak to @FisiFan91 to see if he has any plans .

Reactions: Neil Bywater

BeMu

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 10, 2016
Is there any chance of this happening? I'd like to do some project cars racing but open wheelers are about the only thing I can drive well (I'm on pad).

• Agree
Reactions: Jordan Wilson

Jordan Wilson

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 2, 2015

Hey guys - I just want to give an update on the status of season 2 of the Formula leagues, since - as you might have noticed - we have not been able to get that started yet despite the first season ending quite a few weeks ago now.

Season 2 plans

Basically, quite a lot of planning has already been done for it, with one of the main things to have been discussed being a change to a one-car setup using the Formula Gulf car. We feel like the multi-car tier structure didn't quite work out in season 1 as we didn't get enough drivers to make use of the full range of cars, so it would make more sense just focusing the leagues around one dedicated car throughout the tiers. The idea was to use the Formula Gulf car as we think this is a quite popular car to drive and one that would be able to provide great racing (if many people disagree with this, I suppose a vote could be held to determine the most popular Formula car, but I'm pretty sure the Gulf would be up there based on what I've seen/heard).

Another main point we've discussed is the race day. Saturday didn't really work out too well, as the participation was lacking quite a bit, with numerous drop-outs and frequent no-shows happening across most leagues throughout the season. This is a similar experience to what we've had in the past as well with running leagues on Saturdays - for many people it just seems like a "shaky" day to commit to on a weekly basis. Tuesday is the day that has provisionally been set for this.

In terms of the race structure etc the plan is to keep it pretty much the same as season 1, with a feature race followed by a sprint race, as this increases the chances of close and fun on-track battling, and offers something a bit different compared to the GT3 leagues which are more endurance focused.

Coordinators needed

So, the season is pretty much planned out from our standpoint (except for the finishing touches and setting up the threads etc). However the main reason why the new season hasn't been set up yet is that we quite simply haven't had the time and capacity to get it done at the moment. I've personally been too busy to take the lead on it, and the other current Project CARS coordinators have either had to take a break or have had their hands full enough with the management of the GT3 leagues. So the main point of this thread is to let you know that we need some more coordinator assistance in order for this to go ahead.

As a coordinator you would be helping with the general management of the league(s) on your platform, both in the startup phase (setting up threads, dealing with sign-ups, team selection, etc) and throughout the season (keeping driver lists up to date, updating result tables, and generally making sure the scheduled events go ahead as smoothly as possible). You'd also be granted access to a private coordinator forum, which is the area used to plan the leagues.

Preferably I'd like at least 2 new dedicated Formula coordinators on each platform, in order to limit the added work load on myself and the other current coordinators. We'd obviously be there to give support and advise, but would let the dedicated coordinators take care of the intimate running of the leagues.

So, if you are motivated to get league racing going in these cars and would be keen on helping to run it, then please let us know by sending me a private message with a bit more details about yourself and what you think you have to offer.

Basically, if you as a community want a second Formula league season, we need someone to step up and help us make it happen!

Hope to hear from some of you soon. Cheers :)
I agree with @ElMister about that the Formula Gulf is too easy to drive. But why not go with some tricky tracks then, so it can be some sort of challenge? I tested the Gulfs in Monaco and I just loved every second of it, so I think thats the way to go.
I don't know if you have already set the schedule but I have some track suggestions to the Gulfs.
Cadwell Park
Sonoma Raceway
Mazda Raceway
Donington Park
Snertterton
Monaco
Oulton Park
Brands Hatch
Monza Short
[DOUBLEPOST=1442221964][/DOUBLEPOST]We could also have a night race at Dubai Autodrome Club
Oh Me Gawd its happening!
This is gonna be great for AOR, Lets get those tyre blankets off and get racing :D
i love the formula gulf car but i will need to get some practice in it first :p

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oh Me Gawd its happening!
This is gonna be great for AOR, Lets get those tyre blankets off and get racing :D
i love the formula gulf car but i will need to get some practice in it first :p
I hope that this is sarcastic ;)
These posts were made quite a long time ago and I can assure you that the formula golf car are not going to be used. (Hence why these posts are in an archive) :)

• Funny
Reactions: Finch

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
I hope that this is sarcastic ;)
These posts were made quite a long time ago and I can assure you that the formula golf car are not going to be used. (Hence why these posts are in an archive) :)
I don't think it was sarcastic tbh. Seems like Mr Jordan was just slightly confused

lmntr

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 28, 2015
How many months have we talked about starting a formula whatever second season? It is not sarcasm; it is anguish. It is the reason I joined.

Jordan Wilson

F1 Senna Equivalent
Nov 2, 2015
If it comes out on the forms this month I will turn off my P and ps4 and I will go outside, Ikr savage

NemesisRacing

Junior Karter
Aug 6, 2016
Hello people, I'm new here, pleased to meet you all. I'm the host and coordinator of the N.O.R.L. series, running leagues on PlayStation systems since 2010 for Codemasters' Formula1 titles. As I gathered a large group of fair drivers over the years and some of them own Project Cars and love single seaters, I was planning a Formula C championship. I know you guys at AOR already run a season 1 last year with these cars, and I see the discussion here about starting a season 2 unfortunately hasn't resulted in any decision yet. Still, it looks like many people, both here and in my own group of drivers, would love a Formula C championship to happen again. I was therefore interested in asking to the AOR community and its managers if we shall merge our efforts to put both our group of fair clean racers together and finally bring back a Formula C championship on Project Cars with professional and committed drivers. Let me know your thoughts, thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.