Formula Renault 3.5 Championship - Round 10 Indianopolis - Paul Ilbrink | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Formula Renault 3.5 Championship - Round 10 Indianopolis - Paul Ilbrink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lubomir Moric

Pro Karter
Oct 2, 2017
Feature, Lap 1, T1: Paul rear-ended Tim, who spun and as a result he forced me to leave the track, being thrown from 5th place to last.

Offender: Paul Ilbrink - @RedBarom
Involved drivers: @Tim Delisle, @Lubomir Moric

I'm not much into making videos, but I believe Paul will confess to ease his conscience ;)
... and I checked the replay, there was almost no netcode involved, just nice good old rearend.

FYI @McPhilen

Last edited:

Tim Delisle

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
I'm happy to call this a racing incident. It did screw up my race (put me to the back and had 30s required repairs in the pits, which is weird because I didn't notice any damage while driving), but in hindsight I could have braked later. I just took it cautiously given I was on a tight line and knew Alex would be hanging it around the outside so I didn't want to risk going deep and hitting him, especially with cold tyres.

RedBarom

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2019
Before the start I figured braking at the 2 mark would be sufficient with our lower speed compared to normal laps where the brake point would be a little after. As my position was a bit between Alex and Tim I was also watching Dominik behind me who was aiming for my inside so I didn't want to open up the gap for him too much either.
All was fine until Tim braked a bit earlier then I was anticipating and as I wasn't completely clear the netcode sent him into a spin and gave him some rear wing damage on top if it, while I didn't get any damage or even saw a car contact registered for it.
I'd like to think that all would have been fine if it wasn't for the big ping difference, but that might be more hope then realism.
In the end I probably should have built in a bit more margin with it all, but I don't think I completely overcooked it or made huge mistakes in the whole situation,
but I guess that's up to the stewards to decide.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
@RedBarom has been given a qualifying ban for the feature race for causing an avoidable collision into turn 1.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.