FR3.5 Phillip Island - Feature - Keeman Driving Quality | ApexOnlineRacing.com

FR3.5 Phillip Island - Feature - Keeman Driving Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
Feature, Lap 5 T4,6, Lap 7 T1: @sanderschumi hit me twice in about 3 corners, then a couple of laps later goes to cover the inside exiting T1 and then cuts back outside when I've positioned my car over there.

These individually aren't the worst offences that have ever been committed but all together in the space of 3 laps from a new driver to the league, I thought it worth putting up for review.

Offender: Keeman @sanderschumi
Involved drivers: Me and Keeman

Keeman hits me twice in 3 corners. The first, he just drives into me because he gets the power down before me and the second is really disappointing, not even trying to go fully around me and tagging my rear almost spinning me out.

Edit: I replay the second hit to make it clear that my car lerches to the right because of the tag from behind. Also worth noting that i'm slow after that tag because I've had to get off the accelerator in response to my car unexpectedly pitching to the right.

Keeman tracks out of T1 to cover the inside for the next corner and then ducks back as soon as I position myself for the outside line almost sending me right off track.

FYI @McPhilen

Last edited:

sanderschumi

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2018
Feature, Lap 5 T4,6, Lap 7 T1: @sanderschumi hit me twice in about 3 corners, then a couple of laps later goes to cover the inside exiting T1 and then cuts back outside when I've positioned my car over there.

These individually aren't the worst offences that have ever been committed but all together in the space of 3 laps from a new driver to the league, I thought it worth putting up for review.

Offender: Keeman @sanderschumi
Involved drivers: Me and Keeman

Keeman hits me twice in 3 corners. The first, he just drives into me because he gets the power down before me and the second is really disappointing, not even trying to go fully around me and tagging my rear almost spinning me out.

Keeman tracks out of T1 to cover the inside for the next corner and then ducks back as soon as I position myself for the outside line almost sending me right off track.

FYI @McPhilen
aha so the first videio i am in u slip stream and hit u (what i jnot even notice in my car) then it is my mistake.
video 2 and 3 are the same i supose then u drive in my slipstream and u hit me and then it is also my mistake….
ok clear for me

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
aha so the first videio i am in u slip stream and hit u (what i jnot even notice in my car) then it is my mistake.
video 2 and 3 are the same i supose then u drive in my slipstream and u hit me and then it is also my mistake….
ok clear for me
1) in the first video you hit me twice
2) there's a difference between just slipstreaming directly into the back of someone and being unable to avoid the car ahead closing a gap they opened up on the outside by intending to cover the inside line in response to the position of my car (y)

sanderschumi

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2018
1) in the first video you hit me twice
2) there's a difference between just slipstreaming directly into the back of someone and being unable to avoid the car ahead closing a gap they opened up on the outside by intending to cover the inside line in response to the position of my

ok and now what? Is there a refree?

lukebarton

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2017
Is there a referee?
Yes, incidents can be reviewed by stewards - it's in the regulations.

By any chance was it also you asking about having to make a pitstop at the start of the race? (Unfortunately I couldn't see the name tag on my screen at the time, apologies if that wasn't you) It's all covered in the rules and regulations that you're supposed to have read before signing up.

sanderschumi

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 16, 2018
Yes, incidents can be reviewed by stewards - it's in the regulations.

By any chance was it also you asking about having to make a pitstop at the start of the race? (Unfortunately I couldn't see the name tag on my screen at the time, apologies if that wasn't you) It's all covered in the rules and regulations that you're supposed to have read before signing up.
Jeeeee I hope next race u are much faster then me.

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Thread locked as we have all we need and don't need any comments outside of the incident. :)

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Here is how the stewards feel for each of the 3 incidents:

The first incident, this is a case of a misunderstanding between the two drivers, or rather a misunderstanding of the intent from one driver to the other. In this case, we believe I.M thinks that Luke will run a bit wider on exit, rather than sit on the apex. Whilst a legitimate move from Luke, it can lead to issues like this. At the same time, it could potentially be said that Luke was over slow on the exit, which is backed up looking at all the other times Luke was tight on entry to that corner (sometimes tighter) and having more speed at the position on track where the contact happened in each of those cases. We feel that with all this, this is going to be left with no further action.

The second incident, we believe that Luke doesn't do anything drastic with his positioning, makes it clear where he is going and therefore we believe this to be worthy of a warning to @sanderschumi for the contact. Nothing bad happened here, but it could have. In this instance, Luke made the first move and continued making it without it being sudden or late.

The third incident, similar to the first this is just a case of two different approaches to the corner catching one of the drivers out. In this case, we looked through every lap that I.M did during the race, and 80% of the time, this was their line into the corner. Whilst it looks like a chop from on board Luke's car, from on board I.M's, it's clear that they keep their steering input constant. So for this, there will also be no further action.

Whilst not brought up as an incident, it is shown in the video evidence provided, there is a small incident just at the start of the first video, which when seen from off board is a minor squeeze from Luke. Slightly less than a cars width is left there. So I'm also giving a warning to @lukebarton for that moment. Nothing came of it, but in another situation it absolutely could have, especially if netcode wasn't playing nice or I.M hadn't positioned their car as far left as possible (with even some over the white line onto the kerbing). Squeezing to this level is not necessary, nor is it technically deemed okay in the rules.

Anyway, a bit of a long explanation for each incident for such minor infringements, but I thought I'd make it clear where we stand on these things. My final note would be to just take care when cars are around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.