PS4 - Francis Dirty Driving Round 1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Francis Dirty Driving Round 1

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry2pie

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 16, 2016
Platform + League: PC F6
League Coordinator: @Tactician109
Date: April 14th 2019
Members Involved: @Francis mcginn
Description: So Francis moves under braking and then going into the next corner decides to steer into me and if that wasn’t enough he literally pushed me off the road round the final corner, can’t take this dirty driving when I’ve raced a good race and have done some practice for someone to have no respect when racing another driver. I could have easily ended in a wall racing him. He finished P12 after deciding to ruin my race, didn’t apologise or anything. Just saying a time penalty wouldn’t be any use. Can I add that he was trying to back me up on purpose as his teammate was just behind. Never seen something like this in F2 before. Gap went from 2 seconds to 0.4 with his aim to back me up and ruin my race to help his teammate Ashbest who went into win.
Evidence:
(0:49)

Last edited:

Francis mcginn

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2015
( full vid )
Moved before the braking zone
Space was there on the apex
Took the racing line into the penultimate turn and that’s aloud

Francis mcginn

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 13, 2015
Platform + League: PC F6
League Coordinator: @Tactician109
Date: April 14th 2019
Members Involved: @Francis mcginn
Description: So Francis moves under braking and then going into the next corner decides to steer into me and if that wasn’t enough he literally pushed me off the road round the final corner, can’t take this dirty driving when I’ve raced a good race and have done some practice for someone to have no respect when racing another driver. I could have easily ended in a wall racing him. He finished P12 after deciding to ruin my race, didn’t apologise or anything. Just saying a time penalty wouldn’t be any use. Can I add that he was trying to back me up on purpose as his teammate was just behind. Never seen something like this in F2 before.
Evidence:
(0:49)
Can I just say I was making a last ditch effort to stop my car from getting a puncture hence why I was 7th through the S section which didn’t even work come the end of the race

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the footage and have come to the following conclusions.

The defensive move going into T13 was very late. As a general guide, defensive moves should be proactive and early, to make it clear to the attacking car where you are placing your car. In this instance, the defensive move was late and reactive to @Cherry2pie movements which makes it blocking. While contact here was fortunately avoided, this kind of maneuver is not allowed and will likely cause incidents in the future if it continues. The stewards will be giving 5 Penalty Points for this to @Francis mcginn

As for the second incident at T15. The stewards feel that @Cherry2pie was far enough alongside at the turn in point of the corner to warrant space on the outside, however no space was given and he was pushed off of the track. The stewards are giving @Francis mcginn a 5 second time penalty and 5 Penalty Points for causing a minor avoidable collision here. Please ensure that you leave more space for the other car in future.

@Tactician109

Status
Not open for further replies.