PC - Game is enfuriating. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Game is enfuriating.

Laughlin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 15, 2019
Sorry folks, pulling from the league. Done with the game

Between not understanding the game, overload of things to manage, and just straight up slow as hell.. you're not missing out anything anyways.
At this point it is far more frustrating than it is fun and I just don't have the time to commit to improve.

Enjoy the rest of the season.
Thanks for the oppoortunity.

Last edited:

british_bulldog

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jul 17, 2019
Stay and just enjoy it for what it is. I respect your choice either way. I find the game comes easiest when you relax and just roll with the many blows it deals you! This game is ****. Every f1 game has had it's issues over the years. Drive thru penalities for nada is a new personal fave of mine... Hahaha. Anyway man, take a weeks break and come back and give it another shot. That's what I did last season and it helped alot.

Reactions: Laughlin

Laughlin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 15, 2019
Thats basically what happened.

"Catch the pace car!"
"Youre going too fast, slow to delta"
"You're going too slow, catch the pace car queue!"
"Youre going too fast, slow to delta"
"Youve been awarded a drive thru pentaly"

So I purposely drove the car into the wall, then quit.
Even when I feel I'm doing half decent, get punished. So frustrating.

Sigh. I guess we'll try again next week.

Wilhelm

Junior Karter
Jul 3, 2020
@Laughlin

I feel ya, I've been on a similar emotional roller coaster ride ever since I started playing this game about a year ago. Bugs like this and over aggressive AI have led me to rage quit more times than I can count. Just ask @AndyM5 , we practice together. I shout "fucking Codemasters!" about 5 - 6 times per week during practice.

We would hate to lose you from the league, Just take a day or two off and see how you feel after that. If you still want to quit, we understand.

AndyM5

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 9, 2020
It's true! @Wilhelm swears a lot playing this game! LOL!

All kidding aside, this game is frustrating and fun at the same time. It's a shame really; if Codemasters focused their efforts on working out the bugs instead of the latest items you can purchase for your character, this game would "feel" a lot better where it counts - the racing! Sadly, we'll never get a true, licensed F1 simulator game... we're stuck with this simcade that tips more toward the arcade realm :(.

@Laughlin, stick with it though, but ultimately it's your decision and we understand. I honestly never had this much level of enjoyment with this game until I joined this league! It's awesome racing with you guys!

Laughlin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 15, 2019
It would probably be more enjoyable if I was at all competitive, but running consistantly 10% slower than most of the field is rough lol

I went and watched my playback of the penalty also, makes more sense now..
There was a delta timer I needed to slow down for. But I was looking at a big red 13s timer thinking it was the number that was important.

Just overloaded with new UI and controls. Was hoping my iRacing experience would be much more transferable but has proved to be not.
I swear I'm decently quick in GT3 cars xD

Banshee2X

Pro Karter
Aug 2, 2019
Something Ive learned is never set your expectations way too high for yourself always look at it realistically and go in and aim to have fun first and win 2nd take more time to learn the tracks learn the braking points amongst other key tips you can only get better bro

Reactions: Laughlin

Laughlin

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 15, 2019
Thanks for the positive posts guys.
Was even feeling some what decent for China in practice.

But once again;
Slowest qualifier, DNF by choice.

As much fun as getting blue flagged all race, and not actually racing anybody is, I'm not going to continue.
Just not willing to pound hours in to improve, got too much other stuff going on.

Thanks again for the opportunity.

Grigor

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 28, 2020
It is a bit sad to hear, but you know best man! All the best and I'm sure I'll see you either in F1 or iRacing in the future.