PC - Ginetta GT5- Tier 1 - Incident + etiquette | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Ginetta GT5- Tier 1 - Incident + etiquette

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Platform + League: PC + Ginetta GT5 Tier 1
League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle
Date: 5 September 2018
Members Involved: @Isir , @DANGEROUS GIANETTA
Description: During yesterday's second race Dangerous Gianetta and me had a contact which resulted in his car spinning and being damaged. I was more fortunate as I went into the grass but could control it and returned to the tarmac.

I do not think either of us are looking for penalties (I definitely am not) but there was a bit of debate about whose fault it was and whether I should have waited for him. I would appreciate your opinion on both points.

I am going to copy here the explanation I provided in the main threat:

It is maybe too simple to put it this way but I did not wait because I did not believe I was at fault. With the replay I can see why you moved to the left, but from my cockpit all I know is that I left space on the inside of the corner but even with that I was run into, which then pushed me into the kerb from which I rebounded in the other direction (so hard that even I ended up in the grass). From the moment of the first touch there was nothing I could do and again all I knew is that I had left space but I had been pushed and put in that position. I simply bounced from your car to the kerb and back to your car as a result of the first touch. You can even see how when I rebounded from the kerb I was actually steering towards the left and not towards you.

Watching the replay I can see why you had to move as you were trying to avoid another car in front of you, so I 100% do not put any blame on you, but I do not think it was my fault either.

As I said I will take it to the stewards to see what they think especially on the etiquette and having to wait on a situation like this. If I did it wrong I want to learn from it and again, my fault/not my fault asside, I am sorry it happened and ruined your race.

I have recorded the event from several cameras and my/his point of view:

Thank you.

DANGEROUS GIANETTA

Season 4 PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2015
first of all thanks to @Isir for upload replay of collison.
same video that i don't want to upload.According to me everything is clear to see
in my experience
as you know guys, i always i don't keen on taking someone to stewards.just i thought and i felt during the race and also i wrote on the forum.
for lesson, let's wait for steward's decision.(y)
again thanks to @Isir's behaviour on topic.

• Friendly
Reactions: marley 57 and Isir

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards will take No Further Action on this enquiry.

We see this as a racing incident. @DANGEROUS GIANETTA is reacting to the car in front of him spinning, turns a little to the left but unfortunately there isn't room enough and he makes contact with @Isir We don't see that any driver did anything wrong here and the whole situation is an unlucky one. As for if a driver should wait or not; a driver should wait for another driver if feels that he did something wrong. If a driver feels that he haven't done anything wrong, he should continue. If there is a dispute that he did something wrong, the offended driver should start a enquiry on the incident.

We also want to thank both drivers for having a positive and friendly attitude in discussion this issue (y)

@Isir @DANGEROUS GIANETTA @TicklishPicklewickle

Status
Not open for further replies.