PS4 - Ginetta Jnr. Round 10 Semi Pro incident | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Ginetta Jnr. Round 10 Semi Pro incident

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.
  • Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
Platform + League: PS4 Ginetta Jnr. Semi Pro
League Coordinator: @YabbaTheHutt
Date: 20/02/2018
Members Involved: @DeuxMilles @Anthony VR46
Description: After a good couple of laps with some close racing @DeuxMilles goes for a gap that isn’t there on the fast right hander, makes contact with @Anthony VR46 and then goes off the track. He carries on flat out off the track and come back on and wipes out @Anthony VR46 who in turn takes me out (not his fault).

I received about 20 damage from this which effected my steering on top end speed and I was about 1s a lap down on the previous races lap times, and the damage could of played a part in an incident I had later in the race.

Evidence:

Reactions: GTDevious82

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

my attempt to overtake @Anthony VR46 was a bit optimistic, but at least it was an incident that could always happen. He goes sideways and finally pushed me off the track. My apologies for the initial attempt, if the stewards find it worth for a penalty I will accept it.

But in the moment when on the gras I had absolute no control over the car, it goes a bit sideways, I can't avoid it to come back to track and hit @Anthony VR46
After that I waited for him to give his position back.

cheers,
D.

NumptyNed

F1 Reserve Driver
Jul 15, 2016
@Anthony VR46 put this in my post for my time penalty from the incident to be removed.

All I can say is sorry numptyned it was out of my hands I couldn't do anything deux clearly hit me which caused all that an not even an apology i forgot to save mine or i wud b taking it to the stewards too it ruined my race I had to pit coz my steering was damaged
I know there was nothing he could do to avoid the accident.

I hate going to the stewards with this, especially after me and @DeuxMilles had such a good first race (0.1s between us for the win) but this ruined all three of our races and we were the 3 people racing for the title.

• Informative
Reactions: YabbaTheHutt

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Comment from @Anthony VR46
All I can say is sorry numptyned it was out of my hands I couldn't do anything deux clearly hit me which caused all that an not even an apology i forgot to save mine or i wud b taking it to the stewards too it ruined my race I had to pit coz my steering was damaged

YabbaTheHutt

Super Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
Super Moderator
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Tomorrow night at 9.30 is the final time to start an enquiry, so as soon as possible. Will see if we can close the open ones today and have the table updated :)

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have decided to give 10 second time penalty + 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision for @DeuxMilles

After watching the evidence provided we see it as @DeuxMilles is a little too optimistic with his try to overtake @Anthony VR46 This ends with a him tapping the back end of @Anthony VR46 and sending him sideways. The contact that occurs after that is a result from the the initial contact. Overtaking in high speed corners like this is always a high risk and it takes very little for an incident to happen.

@NumptyNed @Anthony VR46 @DeuxMilles @YabbaTheHutt

Status
Not open for further replies.