Goodbye GRID | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Goodbye GRID

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
From Season 1 back in September to the climax of S4 in May, it's been a lot of fun to run and race in these leagues.

It's been a pretty successful 'on the side' racing league on the forum. I'm very proud at a lot of the clean racing we had every week.

It took a lot of work to set this up including a lot of copying and pasting and re-ordering things from the F1 threads to make it work for this game. Also coming up with the calendar in S1 & S2 was pretty funny. (My Season 2 Forumla C/Autosport Raceway combination is still criticised to this day)

Thanks to @Du7cH for the co-cordinating through Seasons 3 & 4 and also for meeting the extra dedicated guys through random public races for Seasons 3 & 4. (especially the NWR guys). Thanks to @FisiFan91 for having trust for course.

And thanks to all those who raced, especially the regular racers. Project CARS is around the corner, so hopefully see you all on there.

@FlameDragon72, @DefterTrout125, @Leoobot, @Raven, @TRL MinTy, @NWRStorm, @Choothedemon, @Devastation, @Intotheblue11, @BlasTHedgehog, @Da4thSuspect, @CAMER0N64, @Davie Hill,@Lunarz xEclipse, @NWR DRAGONLORD, @James b, @Fullxthrottle94

So here is a montage video I put together of the stuff I had from S1 and S2. I think the video is pretty epic myself and that it should be permantly placed somewhere on the forum lol. Enjoy

(Video is unavailable in Canada and USA, so for the USA drivers you can click HERE and HERE to watch the video and have the music synced at the right time - play music from 32 seconds on the music video

Also thanks to @Maxi1407 for the 0.001 finish at Brands in the final clip of the video.

Last edited:

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
This has probably been my favourite game for league racing, purely because it's not competitive to the point where you're scared of putting a wheel alongside another driver - shame we're losing this, but hopefully for the better with Project CARS and F1 2015 :D

Great work on this video Erti: you, @Du7cH and @NWRStorm deserve honourable mentions for being the only guys to have raced every season and have deservedly earned success in the league here. Would be brilliant if you 3 could make up the final podium at Indy, but nobody's going to make it easy :p

[EDIT: Never mind Storm, he's been that committed over the last 3 I didn't realise he didn't do season 1 xD]

CAMER0N64

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jan 10, 2015
It has been a great 2 seasons of racing at the back. Hopefully it will round off well before Project CARS. Shame I missed on Seasons 1 and 2 looks like it was great racing. Wish I could get a podium at some point but was never quick enough. Last week though was very boring at the back in very race but then there was weekends like Hockenheim S3 and S4 my best races really on the pace. Thanks to @Fullxthrottle94 and @Devastation for some great battles. Thanks to @Erti147 and @Du7cH for co-ordinating and for the NWR guys dominating.
Hope I see some of you on Project CARS.

FueledByBrennan

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Fantastic montage @Erti147. Massive thanks to you and @Du7cH for setting up the league. Those first two seasons were my first in AOR, and included some of the most insane battles I've had on any game. Also, I'll never forget the 3 races at Hockenheim in Season 2, my first AOR win and two second place finishes to boot against the calibre of the guys racing was insane.
Hopefully I can repeat that in the last few rounds ;) one more chance to get that second win vs the NWR guys!

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
It really has been a great game to race once we got the long awaited patch, thanks for the kind mentions guys, but its been an easy championship to not only help run but participate in due to everyone that takes part wanting to race Grid, thanks for making it so easy guys that a testament to you all. There's been to many moments over the course of each championship to single out and i'll think back on the championships fondly, there's no single moment, but i'll leave a mention to the guy here thats overall dominated the league since joining @NWR DRAGONLORD and our true champion and mostly untouchable. Although i'm proud to have stole few wins from him a few times :p

Thanks to everyone thats made this what its became and hope you all future success in other championships and hope we cross paths again sometime. (y)

"If in doubt - Flat Out !"

NWRStorm

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2014
Great work on this video Erti: you, @Du7cH and @NWRStorm deserve honourable mentions for being the only guys to have raced every season and have deservedly earned success in the league here. Would be brilliant if you 3 could make up the final podium at Indy, but nobody's going to make it easy :p

[EDIT: Never mind Storm, he's been that committed over the last 3 I didn't realise he didn't do season 1 xD]
How dare you! I actually did 4 races on season 1 :p

Its been a pleasure racing with you all, we have had some really close racing (Well at least until Dragonlord showed up). One specific event i remember was JDM at Algarve National Circuit during season 2. Me being the only driver racing Honda S2000 and trying to work with the advantage in the corners with that car was a blast. One of the best event we ever had imo (y)

I've beaten Dragonlord, I've raced a fellow swede, I've received a penalty and I've won a championship. Yep, Perfect league

Raven

2-time AOR PC America F1 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 15, 2014
I do feel a bit bad for leaving the league when I did. I was upset at the time because of @Erti147 and his brilliant track selection ;). But I'm glad you all kept racing as GRID Autosport was genuinely a great game for league racing. Enjoyed the time I did do in Season 1 and I hope Codemasters can bring out an even better game next time out.

Round of applause to @Du7cH and @Erti147 for supporting the game for as long as they did!

Reactions: Du7cH and Erti147

Du7cH

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Agree with you there Cody, there's been a few minor niggles here and there with Autosport but on the whole its a a great all round racer and everyone thats taken part has thoroughly enjoyed the competitiveness and i presume thats why the games still played for its out and out wheel to wheel racing it can supply , it'll be a shame to put this one to bed and there has been some truly epic racing throughout all the practice and leagues of Grid racing, Nothing is stopping anyone carrying on with this on a social basis after the finish to the current championships if there are enough racers to warrant it, but sadly changing platforms for myself makes this unfeasible for myself.

Only disappointment for me was not seeing you and dragonlord going head to head on grid that would've been tight and all honesty i couldn't put money on either of you to come out on top.

For those changing over to the PS4 i'll see you over there (y) but for the guys staying on xbox its been a pleasure sharing the track with you. Wednesday Nights my last race on xbox hope its as close and competitive as its been so far and we have a blast.

Onwards and upward to PCars and f1 2015 and new racing chapters.

Devastation

Best of the Rest
May 9, 2014
Entirely agree, if Minty had stuck around too we could've had an amazing championship fight between those 3 and Storm

Reactions: Du7cH

Erti147

Super Mod & F1 Steward Supervisor
Staff member
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Also thanks to @Maxi1407 for the 0.001 finish at Brands in the final clip of the video.

Only just seen this F1 2016 has brought me back here! What a fantastic race this was haha.
Only just seen this? Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ;)

Last edited by a moderator: