AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014

Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 27th April 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Albert Park

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited:

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
It was nice to race with some GP2 drivers tonight on Limitless's social ! As expected, I'm struggling to make a qualifying lap, but I can follow fastest GP2 drivers, as brociek or Jason, so I aim to get at least the top 10 sunday
I also tried to do 2 stops, it might work if there was one lap less, but it currently doesn't, so 3 stops is the best solution.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Not the most talkative league it seems! :p

What are your expectations & aims for the season then guys?

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
FisiFan91;n33734 said:
Not the most talkative league it seems! :p

What are your expectations & aims for the season then guys?
You're right, we're pretty quiet!

My aim is to try to replicate my early form from last season, but I actually expect to be in the midfield somewhere.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
Cheers Fisi, I was feeling alone here :p

I'm not one of the fastest drivers in this league, but it's possible to me to get in F1 if guys in front of me crash themselves at each race in the last lap (otherwise i'll hit them myself, oh wait .. :p )

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'm expecting another boring mid-table finish for me this season. Comfortably not the fastest but also not the slowest from what i've seen so far. Think getting points each race will be the aim. As for this race, I seem to be well off in Qualy pace but much more solid in the race. So just gotta hope that pulls me through really.

Jan 16, 2014
I hope to do some podium and maybe win a race, but my true objective is to be in the top six in the final standings

Jan 14, 2014
For me its just getting consistent points finishes this season since it will be my first season without the line so im really excited to see how i can compare myself to these fast and awesome drivers from this league :D Really really excited to start racing again

RyanL83

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 8, 2014
Don't expect me winning this one......... I hate Australia anywhere in the top 10 will do me nicely

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Quite excited to start racing again tonight! My aims for the season are to win a race and fight for the constructors title with Ellis hopefully. No idea where I'll be standings wise since I will probably have to miss a couple of races but finishing in the top half would be a decent job I think.As for tonight, I haven't done near as much practice as I would have liked but my pace and consistency here is a lot better than last season so I think I can challenge for a top 5 finish but of course anything can happen, especially with the safety car if that comes out in the 2nd half of the race. Good luck to everyone :)
I want to win a race.lol
Every time I've been online you've been sweating it out lol so I'm expecting you to win :tongue:

Jan 16, 2014
I'm really furious with fantastic race, duels really beautiful ...... but my connection crasch ago I was in fourth position would be a great result

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Disappointed with my race pace today
Had a horrible Qualy too.

​Finishing in P7 is in itself a miracle

​I enjoyed a little scrap with Ryan who in the end got the better of me before collecting a penalty as it seems :p

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I'm disappointed with that result, although it was mostly my own doing.

Qualifying was ridiculously close, if I had managed my PB of a 21.9 I would have been 3rd/4th. I did a 22.3 and started 10th. My start was okay, I maintained position but then at turn 3 I got hit off by someone (not sure who) and they didn't wait for me. This put me down to last. I caught up quickly but then unfortunately later on I went off the track and rejoined too quickly which meant I hit Pritt - sorry about ruining your race like that - Totally my fault, I do apologise.

My collision with Pritt cost us both a lot of time, we were miles back. We both were able to catch up with the back of the pack though and eventually I managed to salvage 10th place.

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Today was s@&t let's say clean get away from every one the pelosgt squeezed me into the wall and took of my n plate then a 8 second stop to come back out in 12th then I disconnected what was s%#t roll on Malaysia

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Fairly bottled qualy but my PB wouldn't have got me much further up the grid IIRC. Got a half decent start and after the first round of stops I came out at the front of a pretty big queue of cars. But unfortunately I made an error somewhere which dropped me into the middle of the pack. I was able to pass Franglish and set off catching AZZA, pelos and Jason who had bolted at the front of the pack. I didn't catch them until the end of the third stint but pitting a lap later and having a poor in and out lap dropped me well off so I had to settle for P6.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
So this is my view of the start. At turn 3, I was surprised by people braking early. I tried to avoid Blue Inquisitor but it was too late. It's a little bit awkward to make a strike for my first appearance in GP2, especially as I'm not used to make crashes in first laps. Obviously a penalty would be fully deserved, sorry mate I know I ruined your race :blushing:

Excluding that, I graped some positions to finish behind of my teammate, at 8th. Nothing else to say.
[video=youtube;rmsheUCywFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsheUCywFs[/video]

DC MagiK

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Meireloso;n34177 said:
So this is my view of the start. At turn 3, I was surprised by people braking early. I tried to avoid Blue Inquisitor but it was too late. It's a little bit awkward to make a strike for my first appearance in GP2, especially as I'm not used to make crashes in first laps. Obviously a penalty would be fully deserved, sorry mate I know I ruined your race :blushing:

Excluding that, I graped some positions to finish behind of my teammate, at 8th. Nothing else to say.
[video=youtube;rmsheUCywFs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsheUCywFs[/video]
did you give blue the position back?

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
How I could give Blue the position back ? He lost at least 3/4 positions, his race was ruined no matter if I give him the position back or not :/

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
Wait, I've just reminded this rule "• If you accidentally take out another car, or are responsible for causing an incident, you have to slow down and safely let the affected car(s) back in front of you on track, as long as the circumstances allow it. Even if it doesn't benefit the other car, that is the punishment you have to take for causing a collision. If you fail to abide by this rule, you are likely to receive a harsher penalty by the stewards if the incident is brought up. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going."

So I conclude I'm actually in the **** :p