GP2: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [9/11 - 8:15PM] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GP2: Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix [9/11 - 8:15PM]

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
1:25:7-1:26:2 is the range I want to qualify in. I tried several setups, different driving styles but I just can't seem to find the secret to this track.. yet.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
Australia's my worst track in the season so I always like getting it out of the way to begin with.

hullcityfan789

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Pretty sure I've DSC'd from Xbox Live twice in the past 3 or 4 months and they just happen to be during Brazil last season and Australia tonight. Typical......

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
What a load of rubbish. In a great position of 3rd and got divebombed and taken out. Then had no grip so had to pit for options. Surprised Cyro that you defended so hard, could've comprimised your race

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
When is the stewards panel out? as I had an incedent with silent mole, and got a pen which wasn't my fault (this time I have proof) It was an entertaining race, good battling all round and a podium is a good start for me :)

TheSilentMole45

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2014
When is the stewards panel out? as I had an incedent with silent mole, and got a pen which wasn't my fault (this time I have proof) It was an entertaining race, good battling all round and a podium is a good start for me :)
Which one mate? I thought our battle was great :)

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
The one were you and I was going into the last sector right hander (Just after the fast chicane) and you squeezed me into gravel and I got pen but apart from that it was good battling :)

Cryo Lockdown

F1 Test Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Well, there isn't a better way to start of a season! Very happy that I managed to get the win on a track where I normally suck badly at (on F1 2014 that is). The first surprise was quali, I somehow managed to gain 5 tenths on Silentmole his lap in the last sector, giving me pole by just 2 tenths.

The race was also very good, especially the first two stints. I got away cleanly and was able to do my own laps, which to my surprise were pretty quick and consistent. Behind me, P2-P7 were all battling with each other, giving me a nice lead of around 5 seconds when the first pit stops came. I managed to stretch my options till L9, and got a new set of options with the idea to build a lead as big as possible before using the **** tyres called primes.

Again, I was fortunate enough to have a clear track and Mole had his hands full with Moss trying to pass him, giving me a whopping 18 second lead before I went in for primes.

Went in for primes on L18 and started struggling immediately. Mole was somehow gone (accident I found out later) and now Rage WarriorZ was trying to chase me down. The gap was 17 seconds and I wasn't really fearing him, but due to my **** pace on primes and the small mistakes I started making he was closing the gap pretty quick. Unfortunately for him it was too late and the gap was too big so I could take home my maiden victory in AOR!

PS: Mole I tried to speak to you on the chat, because I knew you were faster but since I was the leading car and you were looking to unlap yourself, I asked you to overtake me clean in a slipstream, however you tried to dive up my inside in T1 and when I went off the racing line you somehow weren't able to pass me. I know you were quicker but I am not going to lose valuable seconds by slowing down for you or getting out of your way!)

With first place for me and 3rd (or 4th) for Reversal we've also secured first place in the constructors championship! (long way to go but still :D)

All in all very content with today, roll on Malaysia!

Reactions: AOR Reversal

moana2907

Formula 4 Test Driver
Nov 6, 2014
I'm very happy of the start of my first season in this championship !! :)

Qualification : I knew i was advantaged a littile because i've already done qualficiation in these conditions in an other racing league. I managed a good 3rd place but i think i could have improved my time to the 2nd place, Anyway that's a good qualif :)

Race : I had a good start which made me trying to overtake Silent mole but he didn't leave me enough space, so i just slowed down because it was leading to a crash and then i lost 5-6 position. I became P8, i decided to push hard and to be focused with the aim of get at least P4. I was overtaking Davey, lc speed and FormulaMoss when this last one forced me to leave the track all the tyres out although i was ahead of him and then i lose 1-2 places. With different strategies and by pushing hard i managed to get the third place and then the 2nd made a mistake and leave me alonso at this position. I pitted and put the primes, i did a basic stint with no huge tyre wear then i put the options again at the end of the race 18 seconds behind the leader and pushed very hard to get him but i failed 8 seconds behing him

Conclusion : I'm happy of my race because i know i wasn't able to get the first place so that's fine for me :) My video will be here in a few minutes

Last edited:

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 4-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
got no explanation for that race, i was struggling with the track but an hour before the race i found a better setup, i was running mid 27s in the first stint high 27s on middle stint (on primes) and mid to high 26s on the last stint so i was confident. loaded the same setup and cudnt even get into the 28s until the last stint. completely baffled. was very laggy 2nite too, had moss n davey jolting back n forward and had to avoid daveys laggy car into turn 1 then getting spun into the wall by ireversal i think. to sum it up worst race ever

xHPExFootie

GP2 Reserve Driver
Apr 12, 2014
Well I'm retarded around here so I didn't expect much, I got two bs pens, one on the first lap for being side pod glitched and the second on the final lap for tapping someone's rear, anyway I'm just aiming to avoid relegation this season :D

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
got no explanation for that race, i was struggling with the track but an hour before the race i found a better setup, i was running mid 27s in the first stint high 27s on middle stint (on primes) and mid to high 26s on the last stint so i was confident. loaded the same setup and cudnt even get into the 28s until the last stint. completely baffled. was very laggy 2nite too, had moss n davey jolting back n forward and had to avoid daveys laggy car into turn 1 then getting spun into the wall by ireversal i think. to sum it up worst race ever
I didn't spin you. Davey and you got tangled and I had nowhere to go. You were already a little sideways and it was unavoidable.

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
I'll take 9th and run.

I'm more concerned about @Cryo Lockdown . He starts singing in the middle of the race, so as the COD's weren't saying anything, I thought I'd step in and kindly tell him to stop it as people are trying to concentrate. The response I got was " suck my head". Deserves penalty points for that disrespect. Get your attitude sorted.