Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 13 - Korean Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 10th August 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Korea International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Any smart asses try to post that gif of me on lap 1 from last season should know LC has already beaten you all to it :). If I could repeat the pace from last season that would be pretty dandy, hopefully that'll put me a little higher up the grid than I am usually.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
So yeah, hoping to make it passed the first corner this season :laugh:

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014

Here's the gif for those who werent there. Sorry, couldn't resist...

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
This track IMO :
S1 = ****
S2 = cool
S3 = ****

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I've been away all week and only just got back so I haven't done any practice, so I don't have high hopes for this track. It's not really a circuit where you can fluke a good result like Singapore which is a shame.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Hoping for a clean race this time. As usual Martin should have the same sort of pace as I have.

TSR Unleashed

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 4, 2014
because i'm new in the GP2 I don't really know what I should expect from this race. I don't know how fast I am compared to the other drivers but i'll do my best to score point after point.
Korea isn't one of my favorites and I won't be the most consistent driver here I think.
Hopefully I can score some points to get out of relegation.

Jan 14, 2014
I wont make it. Family dinner still ongoing. Have a good race, guys!

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Got a penalty on lap 1 for absolutely nothing. Hopefully that can be removed and I can have my first podium in ages back!

BarriKimi

F1 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Was alone on my world when a holly lagging Williams push me in the wall.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Everything worked to perfection today.

Clinched Pole position in the last seconds of qualifying with one of the best laps I've ever done on a 1:36.2

Then I messed up the start a little bit but managed to keep Jason behind and then I slowly pulled away breaking the DRS window. Pitted on lap 6 and came out behind Blue who was yet to pit on an alternate strategy. I quickly caught up with him and regained the lead when he wen in on lap 8. Then I was able to increase the gap to Jason and Nillis who were battling I think and went on to win my 4th race of the season.

Congrats to Nillis for his podium :D

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Woo!! So happy with that. Banished the demons from last season thankfully. Got a decent lap in qualy for P3, held that off the line and was keeping in touch until I flicked a barrier in the final sector, but that still left me in a relatively comfortable P3. Pelos got a good undercut so when I came out from my stop I was in a battle with him and Jason. We got ahead of pelos and I felt Jason and I could pull away from him, so I deliberately didn't try to engage in a battle with Jason until we could get safely clear from him because I didn't want to lose time battling and keep him in touch. When I saw that pelos was 3 stopping I made my move on lap 16. I probably should have pitted that lap, pre-empting Jason would be doing the same, but I went to lap 17 as planned and came out behind both him and the 3 stopping (and charging) Blue. Blue got ahead and then me and Jason scrapped for a good few laps, which was hard fought but I eventually got infront and pulled a bit of a gap. Blue then pitted which left me in an awesome 2nd place. Really pleased with how all that went.

Couple of notes. First, no-one should be pressing 'Go To Race' untill I have. Now, I know on this occasion I was saying on mic that I was about to do it, but I think last week someone pressed it far too early. I am the only person that should be setting off that timer, because I need to be sure that everyone is available and ready to get going. Second, there were a fair few incidents from what I could tell. Given some of the incidents we've seen so far this season I cannot understand why people still haven't twigged that lag can play a monumental factor in causing these incidents. I heard a lot of moans and groans about people being 'dirty' in their defence and that sort of thing, I am 99% sure that the 'dirty' driver is seeing something completely different on their screen and therefore aren't dirty in the slightest. By all means, politely raise a question here and it can be discussed maturely, but don't automatically assume someone is a bad driver or done something deliberately because it's highy likely that both parties weren't seeing the same thing.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
George;n66219 said:
Everything worked to perfection today.

Clinched Pole position in the last seconds of qualifying with one of the best laps I've ever done on a 1:36.2

Then I messed up the start a little bit but managed to keep Jason behind and then I slowly pulle away breaking the DRS window. Pitted on lap 6 and came out behind Blue who was yet to pit on an alternate strategy. I quickly caught up with him and regained the lead when he wen in on lap 8. Then I was able to increase the gap to Jason and Nillis who were battling I think and went on to win my 4th race of the season.

Congrats to Nillis for his podium :D
Congrats on the win! Yeah you caught up with me ridiculously quickly - the last 4 laps of my first stint were horrendously slow.

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
REDICILIOUS ONCE AGAIN PELOS PUSHES ME OUT OF ROOM AT THE FIRST CORNER WHEN I WAS AROUND THE OUTSIDE OF I LOSE MY WING AT TURN 3 done 2 prime stints and a option it all went up the pisser barri on my screen u already lost the back end I had nowhere to go and only gave u a slight tap and u went into the wall but you were already going into the wall not my fault could we not just race with collisions off think it would be better

TSR Unleashed

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 4, 2014
Quali: haven't managed to drive clearly. in every lap at least one mistake...
1:37:0xx is 0,6 off my pb

Race: good start. managed to take 4th place until lap 3. SyKo and me drove wheel to wheel on the drs straight. unfortuntaely he turned in a little bit too early and I hit him on his rear right. In the same moment my teammate hit me and I spun... From P4 to P10. On top of that I got a 10 sec penalty(which in my point of view is not deserved. All in all it was a bit unlucky

Later I tried to overtake TRL Karthikeyan and SCP Meireloso. Unfortunately they were lagging a bit and I hit them. I had to wait for them and lost more time. Sorry for that.
At the end P9 (with pen)P8(without pen).
I know I could have done better. But I haven't trained for this race. Like I said i'm not home and haven't planned to race this weekend and next Sunday I definately won't because I won't have time to train(i'm at gamescom)

I'm happy that I scored some points and I definately will improve.

Have fun in Japan next week and I see you in India :)

TRL Axeman

Formula 4 1st Driver
Mar 6, 2014
the start: lots of lag and then at t4 i broke too late locked up and hit montoya and lost my wing. pitted and then did my 2 stop startegy as normal(L8 options and L16primes.) i drove really well and was on the top 3 pace and got rewarded by finishing 8th. one of my best recovery drives in league racing

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
I'm sorry Montoya, my defending was very agressive, didn't notice you were on soft tyres at the moment !

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
My video:

[video=youtube;YncZDv6JJYY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YncZDv6JJYY&list=UUU0lvEokfu3QpFmmz_jkb5g[/video]