GP2: Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [14/09/14 - 8:00pm] |

GP2: Round 17 - United States Grand Prix [14/09/14 - 8:00pm]

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
That race went pretty much as I expected.

Starting with quali, on my 1st lap I was on for a low .36 but got a corner cut when I had 2 wheels on track and it wasn't even a corner, only would have gained a place or 2 anyway. Think I did a 36.8 which was good enough for 6th.

The race start was very hectic, 3 wide into the esses doesn't work so Ellis ended up spinning out right in front of me, that caused me to slow up and I almost spun getting back on throttle because of the controller. It settled down a bit from there with me losing ground on lap 5 when the tyres started to go. The undercut meant I just stayed in touch the train but gradually fell away and ended up way behind in 7th by lap 16 when I pitted again. Nothing happened in the last stint so I brought the car home 7th. Congrats to Ellis for a great recovery drive to take the win and to jambo for a strong drive on your debut.

However, (if my maths is correct) this result means I'm guaranteed promotion to F1 now :happy: After this season riddled with misfortune for me it's great to have secured promotion, and Ellis has too so the Williams crew are very excited for F1 2014 :p Hoping to have my normal controller back for Brazil next week because that's always been a good track for me and it always creates close racing, see you next week!
Jan 16, 2014
with nillins would have been a great battle for fourth place in brazil we have 124 points equal ..... but I'm leaving tomorrow morning I go to the sea in Sardinia and I will not be this Sunday evening ...... a greeting to all of you guys is been a great championship with fabulous duels and some tension but are part of the game we will see you soon in a new season and then on the new console .... hello hello for now;)