GP2: Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [21/09/14 - 8:00pm] |

GP2: Round 18 - Brazilian Grand Prix [21/09/14 - 8:00pm]

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Might as well do a report since it's the last race.

Finally I got a great quali in, almost matching my pb with a 1.08.8 on my 1st lap. I didn't intend to retire right away but when I came into the pits there was a car sideways and 3 of us queued up behind it so I retired as I thought I could have been DSQ'd. Was looking like I had pole but Ellis just pipped me. However a Williams front row lockout for the 1st time this season was nice to see!

1st lap of the race was a bit sketchy, losing a second to Ellis but keeping 2nd, the laps that followed though were atrocious. Had no confidence under braking and on tration so I dropped to 5th by the pit stop on lap 7. Of course waiting for me there was another disaster as I got held and Neil got through.
This really affected my race as someone else managed to get in front which meant when there was a split in the midfield train, I was on the wrong side of it. As far as I remember not much happened in that stint so I came in on lap 21 but another event took place, karthikeyan's lag car appeared in his box for the 1st time in the race and conveniently held me up when it decided to drive into the garages costing me more time. I found my feet in the last stint, setting much better times and caught Neil with a few laps left but he defended well and I stayed 5th.

A very frustrating race to end a frustrating season, my awful driving at the start cost me the race, to be fair Ellis and Unleashed were probably too quick to keep up with anyway. One positive to come out of that though, Williams won the constructors by 2 points :D Next race I will be in F1 again, yeahhh :joyful:

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
I wish I had stayed at home and done this race now. I managed to subluxate my shoulder whilst climbing, when I could have been enjoying the last race of the season! Sounds like there were some good battles this race, which is a great way to end the season.

Even though I missed a fair few races, I did enjoy this season a lot. There was some great racing and the vast majority of it was clean and fair, so thanks a lot for that. I still didn't manage to get a win though, I've been waiting since Season 2 for another victory. Maybe next season :)