GP2: Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [11/05/14 - 8:00pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GP2: Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix [11/05/14 - 8:00pm]

• The AOR AWARDS 2018 are here! Vote to be in with a chance to win a copy of F12018

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014

Round 3 - Chinese Grand Prix
Season 8

Race Information:

Date: Sun 11th May 2014
Time: 8:00pm (UK time)
Circuit: Shanghai International Circuit

If you are unable to attend the race, PLEASE advise your League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread.

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Current Standings

Track Guide:

Last edited by a moderator:

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Looking forward to that track. Should be better than Australia and Malaysia for me, my aim is to repeat the podium ;)

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
If i could get by the first corner without being shunted down to last.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
One the few circuits I'll be less than 1 second behind the pole in qualifying I think :)

Also, at turn 1 it's very likely that the front wing glitch will unfortunately be back on this looong corner we're gonna take by 2 wide #MyThought

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Again, won't really be able to practice until Sunday. But, now I think about it, maybe not even then since it's the last day of the Premier League season. Crap.

ZxXAZZAXxZ

Formula Karter
Feb 16, 2014
Absolutely abysmal track the lack of traction at this track is a joke and the fact the caterham is a bad traction car already might as well just start practicing bahrain

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Hopefully everything goes smooth into the first. Corner my pace has been ok but hate this track so my end result might be crap but I will try to get in the top ten hopefully

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
Somehow my pace is insanely good around here. I'm doing mindblowing lap times, for my standards at least.

Got a 1:33.141 earlier today so if everything goes to plan I should at least be able to challenge for a Top 5 finish or even a podium position :)

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
managed to get a 33.4 here on monday and that was with a new setup on the first few laps so if i put my sweatbands on might be able to possibly get 33.0 or maybe even break into the 32's!! but we'll see what happens. as long as i cut out the small mistakes during the race, should be looking at a high finish here

Jason97F1

GP2 Reserve Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Not sure what to expect here, did a social Friday and was over a second off some GP2 people which is abysmal but hopefully I can pull out a good performance as this is historically a good track for me, another top 5 finish would be great.

George

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 13, 2014
I just can't believe that I've won ! I truly am delighted !

Already, starting from pole was a shock but winning the race is even more surprising !

My pace was just ubelievable and thanks to Brociek and livingdead's battle, I was able to get away by around a second a lap.

Congrats to both of you, that scrap looked awesome from outside ! :laugh:

Just, unbelievable.... First AOR win ! YES !

NillisLukins

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Completely got away with that. Horrible first and second stint had me worried I would be fighting for the minor points. The first few laps I barely I got one corner right, and then in the second stint a handful of mistakes, particularly at the hairpin, dropped me behind literally everyone I was fighting with. Luckily I benefited from Jason's disconnection and an incident between Ellis and Pelos to get me back in contention for the middle points. I was able to pass and just stay ahead of Meireloso, then in an attempt to break clear of him I pitted a lap earlier than intended. In doing this not only did I break safely clear of him but I was able to jump the incredibly unfortunate Bigshot, who I think got held up because his teammate pitted ahead of him on the same lap. From there I tried to maintain the gap back to bigshot and wasn't doing that good a job, until he made a mistake which engaged him in a battle with Meireloso which meant I could sit in lean for the final few laps.

Blue Inquisitor

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
What a race! Even though I was only 7th that was probably the best race I've ever done.

I qualified pretty poorly back in 10th, but I knew my race pace was better. I stayed out of trouble on the first lap even though at a few corners some of us were three abreast going through some corners. Unfortunately on the second or third lap Pritt had a collision right infront of me and even though I only just clipped his car it sent me into a spin and put me in last place.

At one point I was 10 seconds off 13th and I thought my race was over. I guess everyone else lost time by fighting with each other because I slowly but surely caught up with the back of the pack. I made some good overtakes and focused on not making a mistake which meant I eventually caught up with the battle for 5th and 6th. I managed to pinch 7th from Pritt at the last corner, but it was a shame that there weren't more laps because 5th was just a little bit too far ahead.

Meireloso

F1 Race Winner
Jan 15, 2014
Good battle with Nillis, and with Bigshot at the end, but my software has stopped recording my race at L27 :mad:@@@ Last lap was the most interesting in my race, I won't be able to upload this battle from my POV ...

Jan 16, 2014
very unlucky race for me, I had two contacts with one bigschott, and one with ellis where they are dropped from fifth to tenth position at the end of incoming ninth sin

thelivingdead69

F1 Sponsored Driver
Jan 14, 2014
Bottled quali but somehow still ended up 3rd Great start to the race and me franglish and Brociek managed to pull away but me and Brociek ended up being in a race long scrap which lasted all race which allowed franglish to create a massive lead. Lost time to Brociek during the 3rd stint so decided to put a lap earlier which I think kept bigshot in the pits longer than usual sorry about that mate. The undercut worked though which got me closer to Brociek than I was and managed to pass him. Was doing a good job keeping him there as well until I had a god damn lag spike!!! That cost me 2nd place as with older tyres he just pulled away. Gotta keep this momentum going to make up getting no points in the first 2 races

TRL Ellis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 19, 2014
Well.......the race started good got up to 9th from last on the first couple of laps and then I cought the mid pack and got up to 7th before the first stop I stayed out untill lap 5 and the tyres nearly exploded and after the stop came out 10 and had to do all of the work again throughout the second stop got through the pack but having a default setup on I could not get past anyone on the stright and then on lap 15 battling with pelosgt I went sown the inside of him going into turn 4 and sidepod happened and a lap after I disconnected could of had some good points but my crap connection can't handle one device connected to it lol

brociek96

F1 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2014
Was a very nice race, good battle with thelivingdead and a solid 2nd place! Congrats to Franglish for his first win. Happy that I´m leading the championsship now. Here is my video:

[video=youtube;Z4lLOYWqLlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4lLOYWqLlQ[/video]